Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I feel bad for Sam.  The OL was crap before and now 3/5 of it is on IR.  

I wonder how much of this is Brissett making a business decisuon.

honestly, Fromm should be playing and we should run the the ball 70 times.  

If Brisset wants to make a business decision, cut him now.

Not trying to facilitate anyone wanting a full paycheck and not wanting to work for it.

There's no evidence to this, but if it comes out he's trying to hide aggrevating it because of potential money issues, I've lost patience with all of it.

Howell going through all this jus to be right back out there is best thing that could happen to him.  Think about it, it will be harder to bench him now with Brissett out, and this gives anyone a chance to maybe second look as opposed to no idea next time he starts here or somewhere else.

Could increase his value jus looking like he spent time reviewing his repeated mistakes to try and cut down on them.  Make the most of this, Sam...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Beaten to the punch on this 

I'm rolling with Wilson.  Seems to make sense.  Time will tell but just finish Sam off, Rivera!  Don't believe it but have to disclaimer it.  If we find out though through the grapevine that management made this call, like Shen did with the two DEs, then we have Snyder 2.0 all over again.  I hope not and think not but is has to be said.   I hear ya, Rufus.  LOL

Edited by RWJ
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

If Brisset wants to make a business decision, cut him now.

Not trying to facilitate anyone wanting a full paycheck and not wanting to work for it.

There's no evidence to this, but if it comes out he's trying to hide aggrevating it because of potential money issues, I've lost patience with all of it.

Howell going through all this jus to be right back out there is best thing that could happen to him.  Think about it, it will be harder to bench him now with Brissett out, and this gives anyone a chance to maybe second look as opposed to no idea next time he starts here or somewhere else.

Could increase his value jus looking like he spent time reviewing his repeated mistakes to try and cut down on them.  Make the most of this, Sam...

Not sure how much of a lesson you'd be teaching him by paying him and letting him go play for a team in the playoffs. 

But there is literally zero chance he's faking an injury to get out of playing. These are professional football players. They don't fake their way out of games because they are scared about the team they're going to play against. This is nonsense that only exists in the minds of fans. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I feel bad for Sam.  The OL was crap before and now 3/5 of it is on IR.  

I wonder how much of this is Brissett making a business decisuon.

honestly, Fromm should be playing and we should run the the ball 70 times.  

The main problem for me is that Sam is fried. He is a head case right now.  He is not even in the mental state that a QB needs to be in. And going against this D with even further depleted O line. Wow.  What they are doing is so egregious.  I agree. Just stick Fromm in there.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Not sure how much of a lesson you'd be teaching him by paying him and letting him go play for a team in the playoffs. 

Its not for him, it's me as a fan and us as an organization.

But there is literally zero chance he's faking an injury to get out of playing. These are professional football players. They don't fake their way out of games because they are scared about the team they're going to play against. This is nonsense that only exists in the minds of fans. 

Scared of a team, doubt it.

Afraid of getting hurt and it costing them money?  That's not the same and something I do believe happens more then we want to admit.

NFL and NFLPA jus went at it with each other over this and running backs:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-files-grievance-against-nflpa-over-advising-running-backs-to-fake-injuries-for-leverage

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

We could start Joe Montana (In his prime) at QB tomorrow and we're not winning, I'm worried Dallas will lose tonight and even if they win we watched how they played in week 18 last year under the same scenario of a Dallas win and loss by the Eagles gets them the division, didn't seem to motivate them last year.

Next week is the nail biter, hopefully we will see even more players on the IR after this week and Jacoby on the bench.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Its not for him, it's me as a fan and us as an organization.

And you'd be rewarding him, but that would be something that makes you feel some kind of satisfaction as a fan? Whatever. Doesn't;t make any sense. 

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Not in any way, shape or form the same thing.

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Afraid of getting hurt and it costing them money?  That's not the same and something I do believe happens more then we want to admit.

Guys may sit out a meaningless game ahead of FA or something. No way that happens "more than we want to admit" but it's possible it happens on very rare occasions. 

For a guy like Brissett in his situation? Laughable notion that that's what he's doing. Too ridiculous to even consider. 

43 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Supposedly they only offered a 6th. With him earning as much praise as he's gotten for helping out Howell, I won't kill Ron for not doing that. I would have, but I at least see the logic of not doing it.

What they definitely should have done is tried to tie escalators to the pick. He's the leading passer in enough games, it becomes a 5. He leads them to the playoffs it becomes a 4. Something along those lines it would be dumb not to do. Wonder if the discussion ever happened. 

It was also reported that teams called about Allen and he wouldn't discuss it. Which is infuriating. Whether you move him depends on the offer, but you at least owe it to the team to listen. 

Also FAs to be like Fuller and Samuel should have been moved for whatever we could get. Both of them should have had value to contenders. 

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

And you'd be rewarding him, but that would be something that makes you feel some kind of satisfaction as a fan? Whatever. Doesn't;t make any sense.

I'm not a spiteful person, but if someone doesn't want to be here, I don't want them to be here.  If I did find pit a player was milking an injury to get their full contract, I wouldn't be thinking about what they plan to do once they were released.  Folks talk, that will take care of itself.

Not in any way, shape or form the same thing.

No ****, the only person that's brought up afraid ro play the 49ers is you as a hypothetical, which doesn't make sense and not what I said.

Guys may sit out a meaningless game ahead of FA or something. No way that happens "more than we want to admit" but it's possible it happens on very rare occasions.

This is naive with respect to seeing a whole team quit and players going about different ways.  Wizards jus had a player in Beal that bounced between rest and random precursors to injuries so often it cemented his reputation here as one of the disliked stars in the Teams history, lead an era of unlikable Wizards teams which is far worse then jus being bad.

For a guy like Brissett in his situation? Laughable notion that that's what he's doing. Too ridiculous to even consider.

I already said I didn't believe Brisset was doing that, so I don't get the need to go in circles in this one.  You defending him to make sure, by all means, I don't agree with your notion of how rare that is, but it's getting OT for the thread at this point.

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Supposedly they only offered a 6th. With him earning as much praise as he's gotten for helping out Howell, I won't kill Ron for not doing that. I would have, but I at least see the logic of not doing it.

What they definitely should have done is tried to tie escalators to the pick. He's the leading pass run enough games, it becomes a 5. He leads them to the playoffs it becomes a 4. Something along those lines it would be dumb not to do. Wonder if the discussion ever happened. 

that calculus is way above Ron and Martin’s head.

Also, I’m positive at that point Ron thought he could win enough games and Sam would play well enough he could keep himself in the mix for next year.  There’s no way he was going to go full fire sale, and set up the next guy for success while sealing his own fate.  

Harris could have forced it but he would have had to have fired Ron to make it make any sense and he wasn’t ready to do that 6 weeks in.  

It was also reported that teams called about Allen and he wouldn't discuss it. Which is infuriating. Whether you move him depends on the offer, but you at least owe it to the team to listen. 

Allen could have netted a first.  That’s disappointing.  

Also FAs to be like Fuller and Samuel should have been moved for whatever we could get. Both of them should have had value to contenders. 

I’m not sure they could have gotten much for either and again, no way Ron pulls that trigger without either being told he’s back or being fired.  

• Thumb up 1

What they definitely should have done is tried to tie escalators to the pick. He's the leading pass run enough games, it becomes a 5. He leads them to the playoffs it becomes a 4. Something along those lines it would be dumb not to do. Wonder if the discussion ever happened. 

Supposedly Fuller was off the table along with Brissett and Allen and there was interest in all three around the league.

I agree if its a low round pick it isn't the be all and end all. 

• Like 1

Call me a tinfoil hat guy all you want, but I knew Taylor deferring to Sam last season wasn’t because he’s such a swell guy.  

There’s something fishy about a phantom hammy that occurred overnight, the day before any OL worth a 💩 are going to IR.

I get the whole these guys are pros dynamic, but he’s also his own agent and is smart enough to know nothing good can come out of this situation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m not sure they could have gotten much for either and again, no way Ron pulls that trigger without either being told he’s back or being fired.  

Strongly disagree. Buffalo traded a 3rd for Rasul Douglas and a 5th. Fuller is better than Douglas. 

Samuel would have helped many contenders. The Chiefs obviously come to mind. Might have had to pay some of his salary, but should have gotten good value back. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm not a spiteful person, but if someone doesn't want to be here, I don't want them to be here.  If I did find pit a player was milking an injury to get their full contract, I wouldn't be thinking about what they plan to do once they were released.  Folks talk, that will take care of itself.

His contract is guaranteed.  

Heinicke last year refused to play in the finale because he didn’t want to get hurt going into FA.  I’d argue it was the only good decision he made on or off the football field he made all year.

Football is a business.  Teams can cut guys at the drop of a hat.  

I have no issue with guys who are going into a FA period not wanting to get hurt and risk future income to play out the strings for a team who’s out of it for a coaching staff who’s about to be fired.

Also, there’s no evidence of this at all.  I was just wondering.