Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Commanders vs. Da Bears - Got Mauled By The Bears!!!

zCommander

Still in disbelief that we let a team that was practically taking players out on stretchers and replacing them with fans walk all over us. Ah who am I kidding, not surprised at all.

Edited by mh86
  • Like 1

Was struggling to make the 1.15 am kick off time so figured I'd go to bed normally wake up at 4.30 and watch it as live. I really wished I'd just looked at my phone. The pupils in my first few lessons really need to keep quiet and work today. 

I really can't work out this defence. The inconsistency is shocking and that has to be bad coaching. I wouldn't make the big change yet as anybody who comes in is going to need time to install their identity but Ron is not going to be here next year. 

4 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

EB called 6 run plays the entire game. That means almost every play your WRs are running routes.

You gotta take em off the field to get some blow...

or you know, be a playcaller w/ half a braincell...

fair, but i'd have to see the snap count for terry. seemed like he was out more than he was in...but that might just be my rage clouding my memory. what is undeniable is only getting terry 4 to 5 targets and not scheming him up against an inexperienced and depleted bears secondary is criminal.

• Like 1

@Connyou don't need to tag me 3 times brother I know this team is **** now after seeing it last night. I'm very upset about this like everyone else here. Inexcusable effort.

Chicago was 0-4.

How you let them punk you like that in your house.

Pathetic. Truly worthy of people being canned. I don't care if you have to pay them. Get out and put some people who want to win in.

And how is JDR STILL ON THIS COACHING STAFF AFTER LAST NIGHT?

I'LL GIVE HIM ONE DAY TO PACK HIS ****ING BAGS AND GET OUT. BUT HOW CAN YOU CALL YOURSELF A DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR IN THIS LEAGUE AND GIVE UP 40 POINTS TO A WINLESS TEAM.

I JUST

i'm getting too angry again at 6 am I need to calm myself down lol

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

And how is JDR STILL ON THIS COACHING STAFF AFTER LAST NIGHT?

I'LL GIVE HIM ONE DAY TO PACK HIS ****ING BAGS AND GET OUT. BUT HOW CAN YOU CALL YOURSELF A DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR IN THIS LEAGUE AND GIVE UP 40 POINTS TO A WINLESS TEAM.

it's easy, really. you know fields has shown he struggles when he is pressured and has to speed up his clock. you also know you have holes with your linebackers and secondary, so...you tell your front 4 to do vanilla rushes and try to merely contain fields within the pocket and give him plenty of time to get into rhythm. after the half, just to make sure your plan is working, draw up some pressure and confirm that he does, in fact, struggle when pressured. this lets you know you are on the right path to letting the bears score 40 points.

Edited by xxprodigyxx
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, xxprodigyxx said:

fair, but i'd have to see the snap count for terry. seemed like he was out more than he was in...but that might just be my rage clouding my memory. what is undeniable is only getting terry 4 to 5 targets and not scheming him up against an inexperienced and depleted bears secondary is criminal.

Terry is not getting open. 

4 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

EB called 6 run plays the entire game. That means almost every play your WRs are running routes.

You gotta take em off the field to get some blow...

or you know, be a playcaller w/ half a braincell...

This is where in this game I don't get complaining about the play calling.  I'm normally a run the ball guy.  But they got behind, and in the 2nd half abandoning the run worked.  Until the end, where they are clearly out of the game they score on every possession in the 2nd half except for the fumble which isn't EB's fault, and I don't see where running the ball more would have helped and the dropped pass/missed FG which again isn't EB's fault. 

Until there's under 2 minutes in the 2nd half and their down by 17, it is TD, fumble, FG, TD, missed FG.

And if Gibson catches what was an easy pass that missed FG could have easily been more points.

I do think the throw the ball in those last two possessions was ridiculous, but I put that more on RR.  He's gotta go to OC and say hey its over.  Let's just end this without getting anybody hurt.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

Terry is not getting open. 

unless his toe is really bothering him still, i'd need to see the tape. i'd more readily accept he's not getting open because he is injured or bad play design than terry not being able to get open against an unproven secondary. either way, other coordinators are able to scheme their receivers open, are we not capable of that?

Edited by xxprodigyxx
  • Like 1

Just now, xxprodigyxx said:

unless his toe is really bothering him still, i'd need to see the tape. i'd be more readily accept he's not getting open because he is injured or bad play design than terry not being able to get open against an unproven secondary. either way, other coordinators are able to scheme their receivers open, are we not capable of that?

I’d like to give him the benefit of the doubt too. As our number 1 guy he is rarely used or targeted like one.  He is a king of contested catches because he’s not open. 

• Like 1

EB think he have Mahomes out there dropping back 55 or so times per game. Given his team fell behind big early but come on. Be honest with the playcalling. ?Keep them honest and mix in a run or too. He think it Madden online dropping back that much lol

with this o line you cann't justify passing that much. you'll hurt Sam that way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Lol I’ve been hated by the Ron defenders for being down on him.  

But look I don’t expect an owner to fire a coach  after going 2-3.  I think you guys will be disappointed to be expecting that but will see 

This is worse than being 2-3 though...we were embarrassed at home by arguably the worst team in the NFL and the media is killing us. If you know you're gonna fire a guy then why wait? Things can't get worse than getting thumped 2 straight at home with one of them by a winless team.

13 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

This is worse than being 2-3 though...we were embarrassed at home by arguably the worst team in the NFL and the media is killing us. If you know you're gonna fire a guy then why wait? Things can't get worse than getting thumped 2 straight at home with one of them by a winless team.

I don't think there is someone here who has blasted Ron in the last few months more than me.

But as they are talking about on the Junkies right now, and the Junkies hate Ron, you don't typically fire a HC in your first season as an owner let alone this early after a 2-3 season start.

@method man explained, as much as it would feel good emotionally to us.  It wouldn't be the best look for Harris around the league, looking to make an impression to get that next big time HC, FO guy.  

I am not in the camp that want Bieniemy to be the next HC.  I want a wide search.  I want a new FO guy to do the search.  To do all of that, it wouldn't work that way right now.  

Also as Keim said, don't expect it to happen.  They've already decided to let the season play out and judge.  Unless something changed after last night.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't think there is someone here who has blasted Ron in the last few months more than me.

But as they are talking about on the Junkies right now, and the Junkies hate Ron, you don't typically fire a HC in your first season as an owner let alone this early after a 2-3 season start.

@method man explained, as much as it would feel good emotionally to us.  It wouldn't be the best look for Harris around the league, looking to make an impression to get that next big time HC, FO guy.  

I am not in the camp that want Bieniemy to be the next HC.  I want a wide search.  I want a new FO guy to do the search.  To do all of that, it wouldn't work that way right now.  

Also as Keim said, don't expect it to happen.  They've already decided to let the season play out and judge.  Unless something changed after last night.

I agree with this and expect the ownership group to let it play out.  What SHOULD be done falls on Ron, and he won’t do that (fire Del Rio).

7 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

On the field decisions and results aside, has any draft pick in the Riv-era ;) had a consistent impact? There's been flashes here and there, but no sustained contributers.

Just all around awful stretch of drafting. Chalk it up to remnants of the Snyder era.

Josh needs to nail his first round of front office hires and get some good talent evaluators in here.

This is right on. Putting a good team on the field is the result of good drafting and this has been our problem for the last 10 years. We passed on 2 real good NFL caliber QBs to take a pass rusher that does not rush the passer. We take a LB just because he is fast but has very little experience or  LB instincts. We pass on a CB that every draft expert in the world ranked top 3 and we take a bean pole who cannot cover or tackle. Every good receiver he has to cover gets their carrier high stats against him. How about picking up Wentz after he was canned by not one but two teams. How long has RR been here, 4 years I think. Is our team any better? We just got crushed by a winless team, on our home field, in front of the whole country. This is an embarrassment and something should be done NOW before this disgrace is allowed to continue. I feel sorry for the new owner laying out 6 billion for this dumpster fire.

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

This is where in this game I don't get complaining about the play calling.  I'm normally a run the ball guy.  But they got behind, and in the 2nd half abandoning the run worked.  Until the end, where they are clearly out of the game they score on every possession in the 2nd half except for the fumble which isn't EB's fault, and I don't see where running the ball more would have helped and the dropped pass/missed FG which again isn't EB's fault. 

Until there's under 2 minutes in the 2nd half and their down by 17, it is TD, fumble, FG, TD, missed FG.

And if Gibson catches what was an easy pass that missed FG could have easily been more points.

I do think the throw the ball in those last two possessions was ridiculous, but I put that more on RR.  He's gotta go to OC and say hey its over.  Let's just end this without getting anybody hurt.

This is 💯 correct.

Besides, we had 10 carries for 18 yards. That crap wasnt working.

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

People have wanted a reason to be mad at EB since he got here. And when he has them scoring points then you have to argue something else. It’s the most productive unit on the team with none of the investment. And still we are mad. 

57 minutes ago, PigskinPhat said:

We are 2-3. Season is not over YET! But this team needs a fire lit. Bears played with emotion. I agree with Magic. Link below:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38580069/magic-johnson-critiques-commanders-loss-no-intensity

no it’s over. No fixing that defense or the coaching. It’s done 

• Like 1

After sleeping on this, couple things I believe are going become clear after this:

1. Justin Fields is for real

2. We lost a game we supposed to win that will be balanced out by 1 we arent

3. Four teams from out division won't go to playoffs this year, and we still might not be able to sneak in as a wildcard

4. Even if they come out angry and beat the next team, it doesn't matter, ours can't be trusted to be consistent until they are

5. Even though we had 5 sacks again, oline wasn't to blame for this lose...Defense is going to lose us more games then the oline, it's somehow worse despite having more talent

6. Magic still hates losing and at some point is going to let it be known, especially if Harris doesn't (feeling magic will be more vocal then Harris as time goes on, Magic is better ar it)

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1