Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Commanders vs. Da Bears - Got Mauled By The Bears!!!

zCommander

28 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

This is going to be the longest the next 13 weeks (bye included) ever.  The offseason can't come soon enough

When Harris took over the team in August, I said I was going to enjoy this season for what it was, but was more excited for the next offseason. That's when the changes really begin.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

When Harris took over the team in August, I said I was going to enjoy this season for what it was, but was more excited for the next offseason. That's when the changes really begin.

I just wanna watch Howell and see how he develops. Beyond that Im with you. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Ron is the last big turd the Comodes need to flush.

And JDR

And Jason Wright

And the team name

And the black uni's

And the stadium

And maybe Hurney, Mayhew, Rogers and what about Doug Williams

There, now that's a full commode 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Right, because bad teams throw a lot. Y'all acting like the run game is useless and a thing of the past and EB is revolutionizing the game.

Nobody is claiming any of that.  In fact, the claim is the opposite.  The claim is what EB did once they were behind isn't revolutionary.  The claim is it is in fact pretty standard through the NFL.  What is standard practice in the NFL pretty much by definition can't be revolutionary.

That you don't see that says everything that needs to be said about this conversation. 

2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Out of all the poor games and ridiculous situations we've seen over the last 25 years I think last night hit me harder for me than any other. I was so pissed off I had to get off the site. I just don't understand how this staff and FO have delivered us to this point, now I'm questioning who is any good on this team. 

This may seem nit picky but watching Josh Harris smile in his box while we were getting rolled by an 0-4 team had me steamed. The honeymoon is over Josh so get mad and start cracking heads. Glad to see Magic voice his frustrations.

I’m with you on the first part.  This one had me yelling vile things at my television.  I couldn’t even sleep afterwards, and to be honest - I’ve been annoyed all day about it.  I bought tix to the Giants game earlier in the day and ordered a hoodie from fanatics, my son was all hyped up for the game, we had our gameday grub and were looking forward to the game all day.  And then in typical meltdown fashion they got skeeted on immediately, and they looked so uninspired and flat it was sickening.  All those fans showed up to see Sam’s statement game where the NFL is put on notice.  I knew deep down it was likely to be an ugly win, and not the fairy tale we’d hoped.  But a loss, that never entered my mind.  I now have zero juice for this team and want the house cleaning expedited.  He doesn’t deserve to resign or retire with dignity, he deserves to be fired or be forced to pay back every fan that attended the last two home games out of his salary.  

As for Harris, I did think it was odd - but then again, he’s kind of odd.  On one hand, I wanted to see him show some emotion.  On the other, it’s like none of this is his mess and there’s no way he spent 6B to just laugh at memes while his team gets its ass kicked.  He’s probably biding time just like the rest of us whether we know it or not.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Nobody is claiming any of that.  In fact, the claim is the opposite.  The claim is what EB did once they were behind isn't revolutionary.  The claim is it is in fact pretty standard through the NFL.  What is standard practice in the NFL pretty much by definition can't be revolutionary.

That you don't see that says everything that needs to be said about this conversation. 

Establishing the offense before shooting the moon includes running the ball and short passes and nobody is saying to lean on the run when you're behind. Even if you fall behind early, you still need to establish the run. Especially when you have a young QB and a struggling line.

Defending a bad offense that lost the game again, is probably not the way to go.

Edited by Koolblue13
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I believe in establishing the run to keep defenses honest.  I’ve yelled at my tv a few times this season that we need to run the damn ball.

Last night though, wasn’t one of them.  I saw nothing to suggest we even had the ability to establish the run.  This team looked so physically out matched in the trenches from the very first snap.  The contrast between the fire Chicago played with as opposed to our team was unsettling.  

Bottom line, I don’t think last night had a damn thing to do with not running the ball.  One team wanted it badly and the other team expected to sleepwalk to victory.

58 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m with you on the first part.  This one had me yelling vile things at my television.  I couldn’t even sleep afterwards, and to be honest - I’ve been annoyed all day about it.  I bought tix to the Giants game earlier in the day and ordered a hoodie from fanatics, my son was all hyped up for the game, we had our gameday grub and were looking forward to the game all day.  And then in typical meltdown fashion they got skeeted on immediately, and they looked so uninspired and flat it was sickening.  All those fans showed up to see Sam’s statement game where the NFL is put on notice.  I knew deep down it was likely to be an ugly win, and not the fairy tale we’d hoped.  But a loss, that never entered my mind.  I now have zero juice for this team and want the house cleaning expedited.  He doesn’t deserve to resign or retire with dignity, he deserves to be fired or be forced to pay back every fan that attended the last two home games out of his salary.  

As for Harris, I did think it was odd - but then again, he’s kind of odd.  On one hand, I wanted to see him show some emotion.  On the other, it’s like none of this is his mess and there’s no way he spent 6B to just laugh at memes while his team gets its ass kicked.  He’s probably biding time just like the rest of us whether we know it or not.

Very well said. The old hat “get busted up by a terrible team on the national night broadcast” is just so ****ing old. My sympathies for the experience including your kid—that’s gotta make it so much worse. Just when you make the mistake of having hope, Rivera reminds you that he’s one of Snyder’s last dangling dingleberries. 

Rivera is at least as bad as all the other failures we’ve had through here—the difference being that we can actually have hope for his replacement, this time, due to new ownership. 

Ready to get on with it. Have been, but last night really drove it home in a way that will echo through Rivera’s personal legacy.

• Like 2