Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Commanders vs. Da Bears - Got Mauled By The Bears!!!

zCommander

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

After sleeping on this, couple things I believe are going become clear after this:

1. Justin Fields is for real

2. We lost a game we supposed to win that will be balanced out by 1 we won't

3. Four teams from out division won't go to playoffs this year, and we still might not be able to sneak in as a wildcard

4. Even if they come out angry and beat the next team, it doesn't matter, ours can't be trusted to be consistent until they are

5. Even though we had 5 sacks again, oline wasn't to blame for this lose...Defense is going to lose us more games then the oline, it's somehow worse despite having more talent

You don't think the offense going 3 and out repeatedly to start the game and not being able to stay on the field had any affect on the defense? That's an interesting take.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You don't think the offense going 3 and out repeatedly to start the game and not being able to stay on the field had any affect on the defense? That's an interesting take.

Fields was immediately going deep and being successful his first drive...they knew what to attack and we had no answer for it.

Did what you mention have an impact?  Not enough for allowing 40 points to a team with no running backs left to make sense to me.

I know what you getting at, first time I really questioned EB playcalling...

But he doesn't stand a chance if he's under the gun from the defense allowing 30-40 ppg.

Let's be real, like the game plan or not, allowing that many points that fast blows it up anyway

Edited by Renegade7

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Fields was immediately going deep and being successful his first drive...they knew what to attack and we had no answer for it.

Did what you mention have an impact?  Not enough for allowing 40 points to a team with no running backs left to make sense to me.

I know what you getting at, first time I really questioned EB playcalling...

But he doesn't stand a chance if he's under the gun from the defense allowing 30-40 ppg.

Let's be real, like the game plan or not, allowing that many points that fast blows it up anyway

They can't score that fast, if they aren't on the field. I'm glad EB added a new running play this week and left the sweep from gun to the right at home, but when you run such a piss poor offense that can't stay on the field and gets your QB sacked 5 times and hit 11 more, you're not doing your defense any favors. We've seen it for a couple years. Our defense spends way too much time on the field and gets ragged out.

Our secondary has been garbage and I think it's because we lost Harris and I've been consistent in that since the offseason. 

I'm with KB. Way too many people on here are letting the offense off the hook. They might not have been as bad as the defense but they were close. Most of the production was in the 2nd half when the competitive portion of the game was effectively over.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Capsman said:

I agree with this and expect the ownership group to let it play out.  What SHOULD be done falls on Ron, and he won’t do that (fire Del Rio).

They really can’t fire JDR either. There is no one on this defensive coaching staff who can step up and call plays. Visselmeyer is in his first year as the lead secondary coach, Zgonina is a career DL coach and Steve Russ’s DC experience was a year at Syracuse and a few years at Air Force. If he wanted to keep his job and work harder, Ron would fire Jack himself and take over DC duties but he is not going to do that and jeopardize their personal relationship when he is getting axed anyway

37 minutes ago, Llevron said:

People have wanted a reason to be mad at EB since he got here. And when he has them scoring points then you have to argue something else. It’s the most productive unit on the team with none of the investment. And still we are mad. 

Agree with this 💯.  Folks that didn’t like the EB hire from the start have raging hard ons for every struggle.

As someone who was in the middle and saw it as a “how can it be worse?” signing, I’m still in the middle.  Harris can cut ties with every member of this FO and staff including EB for all I care.

I expected struggles and an identity crisis in the beginning.  Inexperienced QB, entirely new system, porous OL.  What could go wrong?

The fact of the matter is the defense should be gifting the offense short fields and points to assist and they do the opposite.

25 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Four teams from out division won't go to playoffs this year, and we still might not be able to sneak in as a wildcard

Honestly, why? Who cares? Eek into the playoffs to do what, get clown pounded out?

I'm more looking forward to Black Monday than any game.

• Like 2

Offense gets a pass. They did OK considering they were down 27 in a blink of an eye. And this is a new QB in a new system with a new OC. Willing to give them some growing pains. There is no way that D with those players should be that bad. It's completely absurd. JDR should not be allowed back in the building after that performance. Just let him retire somewhere. So disgusted with that game. So tied of this crap in general. 

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Koolblue13

It's one thing to say the offense is bad, it's another to say the defense allowed 40 points last night to team that was on a 14 game losing streak because of the offense.

I can do the first, I can't get jiggy with the later.

Oh, no way am I blaming the offense for the trash on defense. 

The offense needs to keep the defense off the field and you can't do that when you suck at calling a good offense. I'm not removing blame for the defense.

The last two years when our vaunted defense was garbage, what did we do to stay in games? Ran the ball.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Offense gets a pass. They did OK considering they were down 27 in a blink of an eye. And this is a new QB in a new system with a new OC. Willing to give them some growing pains. There is no way that D with those players should be that bad. It's completely absurd. JDR should not be allowed back in the building after that performance. Just let him retire somewhere. So disgusted with that game. So tied of this crap in general. 

You don't get a pass going 3 and out the first two possessions against the worst defense in the league. Sorry.

• Like 2

There’s no point getting angry. It’s typical former owner stench. His coach developed nothing but a mediocre 7-8 win team and nothing more.

Last night should’ve sealed Ron and co. eventual fate. The owners should now know that they need to make a change in January.

No point in wasting energy on Ron, he will be given the boot eventually. The question is when. Obviously not this weekend but how the team performs between the Falcons game and our bye; will determine if Josh fires Ron bye week. I think Ron will be fired then and EB will get rest of season to audition for a head coaching job- whether here or somewhere else.

I know we got a Gm coming next year and they will get a good coach.What will be interesting is if they decide to do the process here and blow everything up and starting from scratch. Trading our players that still have value for picks. Or will they conclude that we aren’t far off and fill the holes that Ron failed to do.2024 going to be exciting.We just have deal with a ****ty  2023 to get there.

• Like 3

I'm not terribly down on EB yet because he's simply the best option available, and I think the O-Line has EB calling plays with one arm tied behind his back, but after a combined 3 points total for the first halves of the Bills and Bears games, I don't understand how anyone can think it's unreasonable for the offense to score even a single touchdown regardless of how the defense is doing.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Honestly, why? Who cares? Eek into the playoffs to do what, get clown pounded out?

I'm more looking forward to Black Monday than any game.

We have a QB to not only build up but make sure doesn't get broken from multiple angles, like confidence or getting gun shot.

If we didn't have Howell and need to develop him, I'd better understand your logic (which admittedly could never get down with in the past for different reasons).

I don't like losing to win, win as much as you can to build a winning culture.

• Like 1

Burn it down. Pour gasoline all over it and burn it all down.

Our players can't recognize opportunity, our coaches can't inspire. It's culture. It won't change until we get dictators on the sideline. 

All my friends and social media contacts laughed at me yesterday when I called this a trap game because I claimed to KNOW WHO WE ARE. WE ARE WHO I THOUGHT WERE ARE AND WE ALWAYS LET 'EM OFF THE HOOK.

This "10 wins" nonsense from fans who "just knew" we'd step up this season was ridiculous homership. WHY? Coaching and culture. I predicted 6-7 wins this season. I have no idea where we'll get 4-5 more wins now. We're not "better" than Atlanta. We're not "better" than the Giants. we found out last night that we're not "better" than a team on a 14 game losing streak with ZERO starting secondary and ONE respectable wide receiver.

Watching Josh Harris yuck it up with his Solo cup in the owner's box only tells me HE DOES NOT CARE. Watching Ron Rivera's 2nd half sideline interview only tells me HE DOES NOT KNOW how to kick players in the a$$. 

We can't draft, we can't develop, we can't motivate, and we can't coach. FOUR first round picks (all picked within the first 20) and they're MEDIOCRE. Allen and Payne? MEDIOCRE. Young and Sweat? LAUGHABLE. Quarterbacks chuckle at our pass rush.

Linebackers? LINEBACKERS??? And JDR decides to only put TWO on the field??? Give me a freaking break. You can't pass rush OR cover with only two linebackers that can't even make an impact anyway.

St. Juste is mediocre. Forbes is a DISASTER. 

All I have to say about the offensive line is this: Ron and company ignored drafting top o-line talent FOR YEARS. FIVE YEARS. You don't reap what you don't plant- PERIOD.

We are still an embarrassment. Fire Rivera today and fire Del Rio today. There's no upside to keeping either one of them for another week. We're not beating Dallas or Philly. We're not beating New York. 5-12 at best. AT BEST. 

Blow it up, burn it down, salt the earth TODAY. Don't let another win fool you into thinking there's hope because there are 2-3 losses right behind it. 

• Like 1

The first drive we ran the ball twice and threw it once, lost a yard on 3rd and 1.

The second drive, Sam scrambled for a short gain, Pringle false started and put them behind the chains at 2nd and 12, ran Robinson for 1 yard putting them in 3rd and long and took a sack.

Meanwhile the Bears put up 17 points and over 200 yards in 11 minutes with the football in the 3 drives they had.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't like losing to win, win as much as you can to build a winning culture.

4 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Really fun reading the first sentence at the bottom of a post and then reading the second sentence immediately after that.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Offense went three-and-out on their first three possessions, against a team that hadn't won a game in a calendar year. They're part of they reason why they were down to start. They get a fail.

Edited by ntotoro
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ntotoro said:

Offense went three-and-out on their first three possessions, against a team that hadn't won a game in a calendar year. They're part of they reason why they were down to start. They get a fail.

That's what D is for. They were behind fro mthe beginning. Then got the score within 10 before being let down by STs to get within 7 pts. But yea, lets pile on the offense. LOL  

27 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You don't get a pass going 3 and out the first two possessions against the worst defense in the league. Sorry.

Same as I said the other - that's what Di s for. They were down from the start. And got the team back in the game before D completely came undone. First 3 drives does not a game make. Over 60 mins the Off, while it could certainly be better, it;s on the D. For me, this game is 100% firmly on the D. 

10 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Our players can't recognize opportunity, our coaches can't inspire. It's culture. It won't change until we get dictators on the sideline. 

All my friends and social media contacts laughed at me yesterday when I called this a trap game because I claimed to KNOW WHO WE ARE. WE ARE WHO I THOUGHT WERE ARE AND WE ALWAYS LET 'EM OFF THE HOOK.

This "10 wins" nonsense from fans who "just knew" we'd step up this season was ridiculous homership. WHY? Coaching and culture. I predicted 6-7 wins this season. I have no idea where we'll get 4-5 more wins now. We're not "better" than Atlanta. We're not "better" than the Giants. we found out last night that we're not "better" than a team on a 14 game losing streak with ZERO starting secondary and ONE respectable wide receiver.

Watching Josh Harris yuck it up with his Solo cup in the owner's box only tells me HE DOES NOT CARE. Watching Ron Rivera's 2nd half sideline interview only tells me HE DOES NOT KNOW how to kick players in the a$$. 

We can't draft, we can't develop, we can't motivate, and we can't coach. FOUR first round picks (all picked within the first 20) and they're MEDIOCRE. Allen and Payne? MEDIOCRE. Young and Sweat? LAUGHABLE. Quarterbacks chuckle at our pass rush.

Linebackers? LINEBACKERS??? And JDR decides to only put TWO on the field??? Give me a freaking break. You can't pass rush OR cover with only two linebackers that can't even make an impact anyway.

St. Juste is mediocre. Forbes is a DISASTER. 

All I have to say about the offensive line is this: Ron and company ignored drafting top o-line talent FOR YEARS. FIVE YEARS. You don't reap what you don't plant- PERIOD.

We are still an embarrassment. Fire Rivera today and fire Del Rio today. There's no upside to keeping either one of them for another week. We're not beating Dallas or Philly. We're not beating New York. 5-12 at best. AT BEST. 

Blow it up, burn it down, salt the earth TODAY. Don't let another win fool you into thinking there's hope because there are 2-3 losses right behind it. 

I don’t necessarily agree with the Josh Harris bashing, but everything you said is correct.  I think the ultimate takeaway from last night is that this team has lost all of its offseason optimism and hope.  They might be able to win next week or against the Giants in 2 weeks, but they will be hollow wins, because we know that every win, will knock us back further from the top of the draft.  They won’t be favored to win in any of their upcoming games from here on out, and with good reason.  Don’t let a few more wins sucker you into the fact that this is a mediocre team, with a horrific coaching staff and FO.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not relevant, considering this regime is toast.  

To you, maybe, this sounds like we aren't used to having a QB worth developing.

We can get in and still let Ron go if he doesn't win a playoff game in 4 years.

And if we win a playoff game, still fire him?  When's last time most of the board agreed with firing HC only for them to win a playoff game to buy them more time.

We don't have to root for losses here, this will take care of itself.

9 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

That's what D is for. They were behind fro mthe beginning. Then got the score within 10 before being let down by STs to get within 7 pts. But yea, lets pile on the offense. LOL  

Same as I said the other - that's what Di s for. They were down from the start. And got the team back in the game before D completely came undone. First 3 drives does not a game make. Over 60 mins the Off, while it could certainly be better, it;s on the D. For me, this game is 100% firmly on the D. 

So it's the Defense's fault that the Offense couldn't get out of its own way... ? I'm confused. You could easily say "It's the Offense's job to keep up in a shootout."

The D couldn't stop them and the O couldn't even get a first down. It's a total fail. Blaming one isn't the answer or even correct.

51 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

They can't score that fast, if they aren't on the field. I'm glad EB added a new running play this week and left the sweep from gun to the right at home, but when you run such a piss poor offense that can't stay on the field and gets your QB sacked 5 times and hit 11 more, you're not doing your defense any favors. We've seen it for a couple years. Our defense spends way too much time on the field and gets ragged out.

Problem with this is the Eagles game just a few days ago.

The offense DID stay on the field. The offense WAS effective. And yet, our well rested defense still did absolutely NOTHING....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1