Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Eagles Make Us Sad

KDawg

It seems like JDR does not sub out his DL nearly as much as in years past. Like, significantly so. I may be missing something scrolling a crashed ES website during games but our DL could not just be getting frustrated, but gassed.

I do consider it a small victory cheeseman didn't have a game ending poor snap on the XP.  That play right before Dotson scored? I hope Samuel batted that down. At least Sam fired that one out fast. 

Edited by RandyHolt

For those who like to use PFF to defend Wylie.  On PFF's metrics

He had a 49 yesterday.  that's a bad grade.

In pass protection, 3 of his 4 games he had a 55 grade or less.  That's also a bad grade. 

4 sacks attributed to him that means he is on pace to give up 17 sacks.  To put it in perspective he was maligned last year for giving up 9 sacks which was one of the highest numbers last season in the league.  He gave up last year 49 pressures, if i recall that was top 5 in the league.   This year he's on pace to give up 64 pressures.  Again attributed to HIM. 

This mind you is from the outfit that those who like to defend Wylie like to say defeats the argument that he's been bad.

giphy.gif

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For those who like to use PFF to defend Wylie.  On PFF's metrics

He had a 49 yesterday.  that's a bad grade.

In pass protection, 3 of his 4 games he had a 55 grade or less.  That's also a bad grade. 

4 sacks attributed to him that means he is on pass to give up 17 sacks.  To put it in perspective he was maligned last year for giving up 9 sacks which was one of the highest numbers last season in the league.  He gave up last year 49 pressures, if i recall that was top 5 in the league.   This year he's on pace to give up 64 pressures.  Again attributed to HIM. 

This mind you is from the outfit that those who like to defend Wylie like to say defeats the argument that he's been bad.

giphy.gif

@Voice_of_Reason no, it's not personal about Wylie sucking. He just sucks. Sucked last year and has gotten worse.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Not going for 2 was fairly unforgivable to me. Gutless. Incredible final drive. Chance to bag a memorable win on a wild finish. Who needs overtime with a short week ahead. 

I half expected us to miss the kick. And winning in overtime, who really thought that was happening. 

Rivera has to take that 2 point conversion on. He has to see that opportunity to make a massive statement.

Both he and JDR belong in a different era. A past one.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Not going for 2 was fairly unforgivable to me. Gutless. Incredible final drive. Chance to bag a memorable win on a wild finish. Who needs overtime with a short week ahead. 

I half expected us to miss the kick. And winning in overtime, who really thought that was happening. 

Rivera has to take that 2 point conversion on. He has to see that opportunity to make a massive statement.

It shouldn’t even have come to that situation

that smith play wasn’t a catch

terry had the catch OT

Also idc if the eagles have a very good OL. What’s the point drafting first round DL just to get handled? Love the guys and think they’ve done well but yesterday showed us our obvious weakness . 

Which is when ever we go up against a very talented offense we choke and look lost . That has to stop man .

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Well we got the ball first in OT, so I liked our chances. If we lost the toss we lose 100%.

That's why I wanted to go for 2. I didn't fully trust our offense with our OL as erratic as it is. All it takes is one pressure for a sack/fumble or pick and its game over. Meanwhile our defense was getting eaten alive in the 2nd half.

I think our chance of winning in OT was more like ~33% at best. Pretty sure even conservatively speaking a 2 point conversion was like 45% success rate.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

46 minutes ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

This game was very disappointing because this was a very winnable game, this Eagles team is not the same Superbowl team as last year since Eagles seems to let teams come back in almost every game but I am very proud of the Redskins regardless

Could be a lot worst, I rather see Howell do good and see Eric B reputation is the real deal than to see our O look awful and Howell terrible. Unfortunately this league built on how good of a qb you got and if you’re defense can cause turn overs . 

Yesterday , Howell showed me he has a lot of potential . Eagles might not be like last year but they do have a very deadly pass rush . 

17 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We’ve spent WAY too many resources on defense, which is by far the less important side of the ball.  Either all the picks pay off and you have a top 5 unit or else it’s a huge, enormous waste.  

This is one of my main arguments against coaches making the draft picks rather than being subordinate to the GM.  They inevitably focus on players on the side of the ball/positions they are tied to while failing to build a complete roster. 

Picking Young over a franchise QB when we already had Sweat, Allen, and Payne meant that that one or more of those guys would be a cap casualty, and I don't think Young could ever be that much better than Sweat...and now I think it's inevitable that neither will be back next year.

Likewise, Christian Darrisaw fell right into our laps, but Ron had to have his next Luke Keuchly.

• Like 2

I just realized I put this in the wrong thread

So here I wanted to do the drive by drive analysis of the offense. 

Drive 1: RPPRPPSPRRPPRR (6 Runs, 7 Passes 1 Scramble) - Terry x2, Samuel, Dotson x2, Robinson, 

Drive 2: RRPPPPPR (3 Runs, 5 Passes) - Terry x2, Brown, Thomas, Dotson

Drive 3: RPP (1 Run, 2 Passes) - Samuel (sack)

Drive 4: PRPPPRPPPRP (3 Runs, 8 Passes) - Dotson x3, Thomas, Terry, Brown, Robinson, (sack)

Drive 5: RPRPP (2 Runs, 3 Passes) - Terry x2, Dotson

Drive 6: PRRPPP (2 Runs, 4 Passes) - Thomas, Bates, Brown, (sack)

Drive 7: PPPSPSPPPRR (2 Runs, 7 Passes, 2 Scrambles) - Terry, Samuel x4, Gibson, Dotson

Drive 8: RPSRPS (2 Runs, 2 Passes, 2 Scrambles) - Pringle, (sack), 

Drive 9: PPPPPPPPPP (10 Passes) - Samuel x2, (sack), Pringle, Brown, Terry x2, Dotson

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

It seems like JDR does not sub out his DL nearly as much as in years past. Like, significantly so. I may be missing something scrolling a crashed ES website during games but our DL could not just be getting frustrated, but gassed.

I do consider it a small victory cheeseman didn't have a game ending poor snap on the XP.  That play right before Dotson scored? I hope Samuel batted that down. At least Sam fired that one out fast. 

I noticed when Bradley King missed a sack in his lap. I'm worried that if he can't do it with 1st rounders, what can he do it with?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

We're just not a good blitzing team. I don't know why people keep screaming BLITZ BLITZ BLITZ. Our guys are slow and rushing the QB and Del Rio always has them coming from super far away and really late.

People think blitzing is as simple as just running really fast at the QB but there is a skill set to it. We just don't have guys on defense that blitz effectively. I think the last back seven player we had that was an above average blitzer was Landon Collins. And Del Rio doesn't scheme it well either.

The strength of our defense is hoping our front four generates pressure and our secondary can hold up. Neither worked yesterday against an all world Eagle OL and WR duo.

This is an excellent point, something I've noticed as well. This just has never been a good blitzing team, when they call it they mostly get beaten by it.

As for going for 2 I wanted it at the time too. But I also realized they never seem to convert very often so I was fine either way.  They had momentum, if Terry's foot was an inch to the left they very well could have won the game on that drive.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

Jay Gruden on the radio today said he would have gone for 2. Also said the decision is made before the situation comes to hand. They have to discuss what if we score a TD do they go for 2 or tie the game. So Ron saying the team was gassed makes it that Ron made the decision at the moment then. Since their D was gassed too so a quick play there would have worked.

Maybe EB couldn't come up with a play that quick I guess. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

Jay Gruden on the radio today said he would have gone for 2. Also said the decision is made before the situation comes to hand. They have to discuss what if we score a TD do they go for 2 or tie the game. So Ron saying the team was gassed makes it that Ron made the decision at the moment then. Since their D was gassed too so a quick play there would have worked.

Maybe EB couldn't come up with a play that quick I guess. 

I just think "Riverboat" Ron got snakebit.  You go for the win there... run it right down their throats for two.

• Like 1

Defense has got to start making game changing plays.  They are not helping our cause.  If our offense can score 25/week, we should be winning most games.  This defense is gonna bend but not break us into perpetual mediocrity.  Need a new, more downhill, aggressive approach to force mistakes instead of playing soft and waiting.  We have the wolves to hunt, but they’re just not hunting

Edited by Stone Cold
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Rex Tomb said:

I just think "Riverboat" Ron got snakebit.  You go for the win there... run it right down their throats for two.

Yeah. Jay said the same thing run the ball there. I would have shown a pass play but given the ball to BRob who is more than capable of carry people on his back for 2 yards. 

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Defense has got to start making game changing plays.  They are not helping our cause.  If our offense can score 25/week, we should be winning most games.  This defense is gonna bend but not break us into perpetual mediocrity.  Need a new, more downhill, aggressive approach to force mistakes instead of playing soft and waiting.  We have the wolves to hunt, but they’re just not hunting

Nearly every damn snap we rushed four.  Finally blitzed in OT only to get torched.  JDR needs to get creative with the blitz packages.   Where is a CB blitz from the slot or a LB coming off the edge on a delay?  So vanilla that teams know exactly what to expect.

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So true.

I feel like a whiner saying that stuff during games, or that I’m just being anecdotal and emotional.

But it’s like damn, can a FG kicker ever miss a damn kick against us?  Even from 50+, it’s money.

Same with the elite throws becoming completions by a hairline, just the only possible place the ball can go and there it is - usually on a crucial 3rd down.

I feel the same.

I ****, whine, piss and moan about it pretty much every game.

I do, however, think that the refs haven't been picking on us as much this season....