Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 5 - The Commanders vs. Da Bears

zCommander

Going to be close IMO.  

I do think B-Rob could have a big game and our offense will put up some points against the Bears defense.  I have a feeling Fields is going to use his legs more in this game and make us pay.  Pressure up the middle, Ends don't contain, Fields around the sides.  Khalil Herbert doesn't worry me so he will probably also have a big day. 

We are currently a 6 point favorite.  If I was betting Id probably take the Bears and the points. I think we win a close one at home 28-24

Edited by Idaho fan

we gotta quit waiting and start applying pressure on defense.  If we play passive, fields will get healthy on us.  Gotta pressure the youngin into mistakes.  This game scares me….I’m hoping the tide has really turned because this is a typical skins trap game

No way Im drinkin kool aid after 1 decent showing vs a division rival. This team is still, this team.. I predict we start off with a double shot of bourbon, then slide into halftime with a couple small bong hits. Hopefully by the 4th all we need is a couple beers to finish, but we'll have the rest of the bottle of bourbon ready, if needed. 😬

• Haha 4

Bears are thin in their secondary. Eddie Jackson (starting safety) and Jaylon Johnson (starting corner) are out. They already have a couple of DBs (one of whom would be starting on IR). Meanwhile at the other end they have had 2 sacks all season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

50 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Bears are thin in their secondary. Eddie Jackson (starting safety) and Jaylon Johnson (starting corner) are out. They already have a couple of DBs (one of whom would be starting on IR). Meanwhile at the other end they have had 2 sacks all season.

That sack total Is about to go up… ham sandwich > Wylie.

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

May be a meme of 1 person, military uniform and text that says 'Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala The Commanders will wear Ûheir alternate all- black uniforms Thursday night vs. Chicago.'

I swear, only a Dan Snyder-owned team could possibly screw up black uniforms.  They're just dumb looking...a true clown show.

All they had to do was make the numbers burgundy with a yellow outline, put the same with the "W" on the helmet, and not have the absolutely idiotic, Mario-looking "W" on the front of the helmet.  

I remember Wright trying to justify the W on the front of the helmet by saying something along the lines of (Paraphrasing) "We want the opponent to know they're playing Washington".   Just the dumbest, most ridiculous thing I've seen on a helmet in the pros.  Even worse than the two-toned Jaguars helmets.  

I can't wait for a competent design team to redesign these embarrassing unis.  

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I predict Sam will not get sacked this game. Our team will have a similar philosophy this week as against the eagles. Some quick passes to help out Howell and the line.

Howell won’t have some huge break out game, but he’ll be solid. The breakout game comes next week.

Fields will get a bunch of yards on the ground, the most so far this season but as a passer he’ll look pedestrian. Not much else will help them on offense. 

The only thing I see failing is trying to bring Logan on a qb sneak once again and thinking it will work. wouldn’t mind setting up for that at some time in the future and allowing Logan to throw. 

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Robinson gets his largest number of carries on the season so far.

We will win this game comfortably. if we don’t then we are not close enough to be thinking about the playoffs and rivers and the coaches should start thinking about where they are going to live next year. Honestly, they should be planning that anyway. 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

2 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Howell won’t have some huge break out game, but he’ll be solid. The breakout game comes next week.

What is so special about next week that prevents it from happening this week?

Chi's D sucks. They are currently ranked like 28th. Atl's D is in the top 10.

This is a pretty big game. It’s a pretty good chance to establish yourself as an upper middle class team in the NFL capable of a 10-11 win season. Teams like that should beat teams like the Bears. 

However, these type of “growth” games usually don’t go well around these parts. I really hope they try to come out and crush Chicago early. That team will likely quit if they’re down multiple scores early. Unfortunately, I don’t think that kind of “attack success” mentality is something that a Ron Rivera coached team has. They’ll let them hang and it’ll be decided late as usual. A win is a win of course but again, a statement 24-10 style win would be really really big. 

On 10/3/2023 at 10:48 AM, Warhead36 said:

Bears also have a short week and are coming off a tough close loss where they blew a double digit 2nd half lead.

I doubt their locker room is as strong as ours considering one of their coaches quit and the players are on the verge of mutinying on Eberflus, who by the way I predict will get fired sometime Friday morning.

Eberflus is expected to be fired after the game, unless Bears win.

15 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Eberflus is expected to be fired after the game, unless Bears win.

That seems to be the sentiment at the Bear's forum, doesn't mean he will, but it says a lot about the current state of Bears fans. Only a few comments think the Bears are going to win, most of them are just hoping not to get embarrassed.