Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 5 - The Commanders vs. Da Bears

zCommander

This is probably the first game on the schedule that while technically not a "must win" mathematically.....it is definitely a "must win if you want us to believe the team is turning the corner on it's usual self"  

Games like these, in the first half the season have been thorns in Rivera's sides.  

Offense & Defense need to go out and do there job and handle a bad opponent.  

• Thumb up 1

19 hours ago, skinzplay said:

If he's out-coached by Eberflus - and that ain't hard to do - it's time to pull the plug, especially if it's an ugly loss. They're operating on a short week just as we are, and are on the road. No excuses for losing to that team. The Bears STINK.

We lack aggressiveness on this defense and I really wish at times we blitz more and just take risks . 

Off- topic but so glad we didn’t hire that guy the giants have at GM. 

This is one of the worst giants team I have ever seen. For the first time as a fan I’d be very very very very VERY surprised ! If we did not sweep the giants . 

7 hours ago, Commander202 said:

We lack aggressiveness on this defense and I really wish at times we blitz more and just take risks . 

Off- topic but so glad we didn’t hire that guy the giants have at GM. 

This is one of the worst giants team I have ever seen. For the first time as a fan I’d be very very very very VERY surprised ! If we did not sweep the giants . 

You don't need to blitz Justin Fields. Just drop seven in coverage. If you blitz you only give him lanes to run and that's really the only way we lose is if he racks up like 200 rushing yards or something.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

You don't need to blitz Justin Fields. Just drop seven in coverage. If you blitz you only give him lanes to run and that's really the only way we lose is if he racks up like 200 rushing yards or something.

Yup.  Do not blitz him at all.  He’ll kill you with his legs.  Play coverage and spy him

Bears are terrible. We get the win.

I think it will be naturally sloppy tho. Thurs game after a division game and OT hurts a lot.

This is a rare situation where we have the talent advantage but we won't be able to fully maximize it due to reduced recovery and prep time.

If this was a full off week I would think we win with comfortable space.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Bears are terrible. We get the win.

I think it will be naturally sloppy tho. Thurs game after a division game and OT hurts a lot.

This is a rare situation where we have the talent advantage but we won't be able to fully maximize it due to reduced recovery and prep time.

If this was a full off week I would think we win with comfortable space.

Bears also have a short week and are coming off a tough close loss where they blew a double digit 2nd half lead.

I doubt their locker room is as strong as ours considering one of their coaches quit and the players are on the verge of mutinying on Eberflus, who by the way I predict will get fired sometime Friday morning.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Also someone needs to be in Young’s ear - do NOT get past the QB in your rush. Get level and NO FURTHER. Same with Sweat but Young is a much worse offender for allowing himself to be washed past the QB.

Bears have not had much planned rush for Fields in their game plans so far. If they want to win that has to change, I’d be alert for that on Sunday.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Also someone needs to be in Young’s ear - do NOT get past the QB in your rush. Get level and NO FURTHER. Same with Sweat but Young is a much worse offender for allowing himself to be washed past the QB.

Bears have not had much planned rush for Fields in their game plans so far. If they want to win that has to change, I’d be alert for that on Sunday.

No one is going to rush Fields on Sunday unless they show up at his house :P 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MartinC said:

Other than the self destruction at the end of the game, Fields played well. I agree with you, I to expect more designed runs. 

Bears haven’t been blitzing much either. I expect that to change on Thursday too. 

• Like 2