Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 5 - The Commanders vs. Da Bears

zCommander

Fields was incredible last week but it was a wild anomaly compared to everything else he has done recently, so I don't blindly expect it to continue in any kind of way. He's gotta earn that faith.

D. Jones has looked bad all season but there is a massive double whammy of losing the guy your O is built around to injury and playing a buzzsaw of opponents. That's rough.

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Jones was horrifyingly bad last night. Half of the sacks were on him. He isnt getting any help up front for sure. But the formula to beat them is clear as day. There is no better fact than the fact the Giants guaranteed that guy 40 million per year. :)

So that leaves 6 sacks on the OL, we may not lead the league in sacks soon. Throwing Pick6's and running for his life all night. 

It comes down to whether we score enough points the Bears can't catch up.

Their defense is that bad, we should be able to ask the defense to keep them under 30.

We allowed 30 a couple times, but scored 30 a couple times, too.

Allowing 30 or more to the Bears requires immediate changes, these slow starts and then there's not starring at all.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

It comes down to whether we score enough points the Bears can't catch up.

Their defense is that bad, we should be able to ask the defense to keep them under 30.

We allowed 30 a couple times, but scored 30 a couple times, too.

Allowing 30 or more to the Bears requires immediate changes, these slow starts and then there's not starring at all.

I really want the D to not allow more than 20. Our offense should be able to score more than 20. This is the winning formula. 🙂

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I really want the D to not allow more than 20. Our offense should be able to score more than 20. This is the winning formula. 🙂

Kinda weird how we are more concerned with the D now than the offense

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Kinda weird how we are more concerned with the D now than the offense

It is sad really. Before the season started the ranking was they are top 5 and the offense was towards the bottom because of the unknown Howell. What could have been or still can be if JDR can do a better job.

• Thumb up 1

The last time we played the Bears, Fields did little more than run his way around the field into keeping the game close. Our own offense's ineptitude also allowed this to happen.

It looks like due to injuries The Bears will have two rookies out there in the secondary, so I need the O-line to grow up for at least a week when we will be featured on prime time, and buy Howell enough time to sit in the pocket comfortably and show off his arm a little.  Couple that with a heavy dose of the running game and just do your ******* job against a bad team.

For once, win comfortably.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Bears also have a short week and are coming off a tough close loss where they blew a double digit 2nd half lead.

I doubt their locker room is as strong as ours considering one of their coaches quit and the players are on the verge of mutinying on Eberflus, who by the way I predict will get fired sometime Friday morning.

Also, they’re on the road.  I get it’s not a long trip from chicago to DC, but they have to travel a day early, hotel, etc.  

It’s not a great spot for either team.  

But being at home is a bit of an advantage.  Also being the better team should be an advantage….

On 10/1/2023 at 6:21 PM, JSSkinz said:

For those of you who think we should win by 30 please sober up and realize this team is learning to win and they haven't shown enough to be expected to beat any NFL team by a large margin.  

This guy is right.  Come on people, get real.

Commanders 74, Bears 3.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3