Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 5 - The Commanders vs. Da Bears

zCommander

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The Bears are awful. Truly truly awful. That doesn't guarantee anything of course, but I'd be utterly shocked and disappointed if we didn't win convincingly. They will be picking #1 in the draft again.

When do we ever win convincingly?  I think the last comfortable game we've had in recent memory is the 26-6 win we had against the Cowboys in Week 17 last year.  Other than that, we play tight, one score games or we get blown out.  This upcoming game won't be different unfortunately.  Because we're coming off of a close, hard fought loss to a division opponent, we're going to still be licking our wounds so to speak with only a 4 day turnaround.

This will be a close game, and will come down to the final possession for the Bears.  I think we'll force a turnover to keep the Bears from winning late:

Bears 20

Commanders 24

We will look pretty good on defense, since it's a bad opponent with a terrible OL.  The defense will get a chance to inflate their stats against the Bears.

2 minutes ago, samy316 said:

When do we ever win convincingly?  I think the last comfortable game we've had in recent memory is the 26-6 win we had against the Cowboys in Week 17 last year.  Other than that, we play tight, one score games or we get blown out.  This upcoming game won't be different unfortunately.  Because we're coming off of a close, hard fought loss to a division opponent, we're going to still be licking our wounds so to speak with only a 4 day turnaround.

This will be a close game, and will come down to the final possession for the Bears.  I think we'll force a turnover to keep the Bears from winning late:

Bears 20

Commanders 24

We will look pretty good on defense, since it's a bad opponent with a terrible OL.  The defense will get a chance to inflate their stats against the Bears.

If we look good on defense the game will be a rout. The Bears defense is horrendous and I expect us to rack up 24+ points easily if not 30.

Short week factor is overblown this early in the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

If we look good on defense the game will be a rout. The Bears defense is horrendous and I expect us to rack up 24+ points easily if not 30.

Short week factor is overblown this early in the season.

Again, we always play down (or up) to our competition.  This isn't going to be any different.  I think we'll have a let down on offense for a decent part of the game, but we should do enough to pull away late.  We'll probably have a couple of turnovers on offense, and that will lead to the Bears getting some points.  I'm never going to predict a convincing win with this team, because it hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt.  They're not coached well enough to build big leads.

Our defense does this every year, they start off with huge gaping holes in the secondary especially against teams that have the firepower to really expose them like the bills and eagles do and then they tighten up the ship and play much better.

If this is the week they start playing better defense we should win convincingly.

If not I still think we win but it could be an ugly game.

I'm not too worried about fields, he's been terrible up until this game and the broncos defense looks like it could be historically bad, they've given up 133 points in the last 3 weeks and only one of those offenses appear to be great.

• Like 1

Fields played really well against the Dolphins - might be a turn around game for him. Fields is an elite runner as well and we seem to struggle containing QBs who can run. But the Bears defense imploded second half.

We will move the ball and score points, enough to win in a relatively high scoring game. 

Washington 31 - Bears 27.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

If we give up 21+ to freaking Bustin Fields I'm firing Del Rio

Whenever Del Rio D has held other teams to 20 points or less we have won or would have won (if our O had scored more than 20). Now that we actually have a good QB so go figure our D this year is falling flat on their faces. Why can't we have nice things? :( 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

Whenever Del Rio D has held other teams to 20 points or less we have won or would have won (if our O had scored more than 20). Now that we actually have a good QB so go figure our D this year is falling flat on their faces. Why can't we have nice things? :( 

The D will restabilize. Probably starts this week and will have a stretch of three good games against three crap offenses.

We'll be 5-2 before the rematch with Philly.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

This team is just so hard to predict. They could easily come out flat on Thursday and Fields could run riot. Commanders D seems to generally be weak against running QB's. 

At the same time the D could finally get going (they tend to feast on weak o lines) 

Bears are a total mess right now so if Rivera can't rally the troops he has to go. 

Commanders 24-Bears 21

5 minutes ago, MrJL said:

so, will they do like they used to do with ESPN games and it be broadcast on one of the local stations or is it actually just on Amazon Prime

If you don't have Amazon Prime, I'm seeing that it should be available on local television (FOX) affiliate