Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: The Commanders vs. The Bills

zCommander

Sums it up.   47% of the time produces completely non-viable QB play.   How about 79%?  Look Howell had a rough day.  But as i and many said all off season, a young QB especially needs protection.  We haven't even faced the murders row D lines yet.  Thus far the story line has been each team's D line is having an unexpected big day.  Same with the Cards.  Same with Denver who couldn't get pressure on Las Vegas the week before and now Buffalo. 

Screen Shot 2023-09-23 at 12.01.36 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

Best thing to say about this game ist that no one got injured.

Tough games are gonna happen with young guys at QB, especially against a team contending for Superbowls. Let's see how Howell responds.

Most disappointed with the Dline. They're supposed to be THE guys on this team and too offen they don't show up for big parts of games and today they never did.

2 minutes ago, method man said:

I wonder how much not having a veteran OL coach directly overseeing the OL is hurting us. I get Castillo is involved but he is also coaching the TEs and has other duties

We could have the Best OL coach ever to coach in the NFL, but give him these players that Rivera has put on the field this year and he will look average. I'm sorry but I would sack Rivera now, his OL is totally ******* embarrassing. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ok.  We probably can’t do Jack Diddly Poo about the construction of the OL right now.

But what we can do is cut Gibson. 

And what we should do is cut Gibson.

And not because he’s a scape goat. 

Because you can’t trust him to be on the field and hold onto the ball.  Ergo you can’t play him.  Ergo there is no reason for him to be on the team.  

Sorry dude.  

Bring back one of the other backs.  It’s unfortunate.  Because he has a unique skill set.  

But you can’t have the turnovers from a 4th year RB. You can live with mistakes from a developing QB.  

He needs gone now.  

Gibson still remains one of the most legitimate playmakers, on this team. There’s plenty of data to support that.

However, there is also plenty of data supporting the idea that Gibson, commits costly turnovers. Difficult conundrum.

Chris Rodriguez, takes that screen call, doesn’t fumble, and gets tackled 3 yards in the backfield. Certainly better than a turnover.

…. But, Chris Rodriguez, doesn’t measure up to Gibson, in terms of the potential for an explosive play. This offense, needs to maximize potentially “explosive” plays. Especially in this league, against teams like the Bills. We won’t win grinding it out, punting and playing field position( despite the collective thought to how “elite” our defense is)

You keep Gibson. His potential value, supersedes his fumbling issues. 

Just my opinion :)

Edited by shakinaiken

10 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

I don’t agree with this. Ironic that Tiki barber was the commentator today. He has a terrible fumbling problem early in his career until Tom Coughlin fixed it. 

Gibson can and should be taught how to hold the ball high and tight. And yet no one in this coaching staff seems to know how to do it. 

The major issue with Washington is and has been the total mediocrity of Ron Rivera. Rivera was the only idiot Snyder could find to take this job (him and his equally idiotic side kick—Jack del Rio). Those guys are Snyder guys. They are not Harris guys. Harris will be able to bring a high end head coach and I think he’ll do just that in the off-season. 

It’s too late.  He’s had 3 years to fix it.  That’s enough. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, shakinaiken said:

Gibson still remains one of the most legitimate playmakers, on this team. There’s plenty of data to support that.

However, there is also, plenty of data supporting that commits costly turnovers. Difficult conundrum. Chris Rodriguez, takes that screen call, doesn’t fumble, and gets tackled 3 yards in the backfield. Certainly better than a turnover.

…. But, Chris Rodriguez, doesn’t measure up to Gibson, in terms of the potential for an explosive play. This offense, needs to maximize potentially “explosive” plays. Especially in this league, against teams like the Bills. We won’t win grinding it out, punting and playing field position( despite the collective thought to how “elite” our defense is)

You keep Gibson. His potential value, supersedes his fumbling issues. 

Just my opinion :)

Gibson needs to be cut. Limited plays and 2 fumbles. He won't be on the roster next year, better to have the rookie playing 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Robinson had 10 carries for 70 yards.

In a game your QB is getting killed and your lead back is going at 7 yards per carry you only give him 10 carries????

I think some of that is they only had 22 plays in the first half.  Maybe you get one or two more runs but they did have a couple stuff first down runs in the first half also.  

And then it compounds on itself and looks worse than it was intended.