Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: The Commanders vs. The Bills

zCommander

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think some of that is they only had 22 plays in the first half.  Maybe you get one or two more runs but they did have a couple stuff first down runs in the first half also.  

And then it compounds on itself and looks worse than it was intended.  

4-1 pass run ratio is going to lose you more games than it wins.

Especially when your blinders have you drawing up passes to your TE3.

• Like 1

Just now, Simmsy said:

I disagree, five turnovers with short field position makes anyone look elite.

Of course those TOs were a killer.  Frankly, all the Ints were on Howell.  However, Allen made some jaw-dropping throws.  There isn't anything you can do when he's on. Dak, Hurts, Tua (best QBs we face this year for the rest of the season) aren't in the same universe with Allen from a physical perspective.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Gibson needs to be cut. Limited plays and 2 fumbles. He won't be on the roster next year, better to have the rookie playing 

Respectfully, I disagree. 

His value as a potentially explosive playmaker, in a league where explosive plays are imperative to success, supersedes, his detriment at holding on to the ball. 

This team, offensively, gains little, and loses more, if we cut him.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That "great" defense didn't do its job, but the offense was so bad a Div 3 football team could have beat them today

Just now, shakinaiken said:

Respectfully, I disagree. 

His value as a potentially explosive playmaker, in a league where explosive plays are imperative to success, supersedes, his detriment at holding on to the ball. 

This team, offensively, gains little, and loses more, if we cut him.

But as a team you have to hold folks accountable, I would cut him and I would sit Chase next game for his awful play this game.

• Like 1

Just now, mhd24 said:

Of course those TOs were a killer.  Frankly, all the Ints were on Howell.  However, Allen made some jaw-dropping throws.  There isn't anything you can do when he's on. Dak, Hurts, Tua (best QBs we face this year for the rest of the season) aren't in the same universe with Allen from a physical perspective.  

I agree.

D line got in the backfield. They made Allen uncomfortable. He had to work to avoid sacks.

I think this is another game where the D-line will score well analytically which means it will look good on paper, but they failed to put together enough impact plays. And to their credit, a lot of that is b/c Allen was great today. I'd say most QBs probably don't have the game Allen had today, at least before the D got gassed after the O threw them under the bus.

57 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

sigh… as a PS5 owner, I don’t have access to Starfield. I’ll live vicariously through your enjoyment of the game :) 

…At least until I impulsively purchase an Xbox series X. 

lol that’s exactly what I did. Waited forever for a new Bethesda game, and I’m not a PC guy. Had to go for it, haven’t regretted it although my wallet wasn’t happy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

Let me know where to mail your cookie

In my less mature days I would’ve said “to your moms house” but I have grown and won’t say “to your moms house” 

credit to me for not replying to this by saying “to your moms house” 

• Haha 7

I liked that EB adjusted the last two weeks and overall I liked the tempo of the offense.  It was a nice change of pace from the slow and plodding, 4 quarters of the same old same old we’d been accustomed to.

But today was just god awful.  Hellbent on slow developing pass plays and the few times he chose to run it in the 1st half, it had to be with delay and deception.  The 3rd and 2 and 4th down calls on the goal line while the game was still manageable were an absolute joke - not in hindsight but in real time.

To make matters worse, his hand picked right tackle is a worthless tub of lard.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, MartinC said:

No one can play QB successfully being pressured on 80% of snaps. No one. 

Agreed.

Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, or John Elway wouldn't have had the careers they had if they were running for their lives on 80% of the plays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

25 minutes ago, justice98 said:

That defense from last week just gave up 70 though.  

Miami is elite, maybe better then the Bills.  What are we saying here then, to be clear?

18 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Oline has a lot to do with that. Not sure Tiki ever had to run behind a line like Gibson has.

Are you comparing Tiki to Gibson talent-wise???

Can you please breathe into this breathalyzer first???

• Haha 1

Howell was floating with negative fantasy points today but he finished strong to come in at .6.

It irks me to see our defense come out so soft. I know its probably the league norm to play a little preventy to see what the opponent is trying to do and try and hold them to a FG but dammit days we are projected to lose big I want to see our defense come out attacking the ball DBs in press. If it fails you end up 7-0.  We played off and ended up 10-0.  I really don't see a huge risk attacking on D to start games and try to dictate the game. Force turnovers.

I see the I hate Ron boo birds and back out. Been prety silent the last few weeks 🙂  

Sam is a rookie QB. He will have bad days. This was one of them. D did thier job and is very good. They were playing from behind the entire game. Not to mention that is one of the best offenses in the NFL with one of the best QBs in the NFL. Still, the game was with in reach into the 4th Q by the D keep the Bills to a lot of FGs. Oline was bad again. But to be fair Sam was bad. He made some bad deicsions. Not hashing them out but we all know it. 

But in the end, Sam still has a major upside. He stayed in there and keep plugging away. He will have bad days and good days. I like EB a lot. But he has to try and establish at least some what of a running game in the first. I know this is a passing league but you still have to run some. But he too is learning about his young QB. I look to see things change over the next 15 weeks Looking forward to it. 

As for Ron needing to be fired - LOL  That is hillarious. The first move by a new owner is to show they have a quick trigger. Yea, that will bring the great prospects!  Let this season play out. Still 14 more games. Get ready for Philly and show you fixed a few things, win or lose. But Harris just needs to sit tight and just watch and learn. Then he can make truly informed decision for next year. 

Ron is likely gone at the end of the season and I am 100% OK with that. But we still have a season to play. I am much more interested in how we play at the end of the season not the beginning! 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

While the 2-0 start was great, reality hit us with a sledgehammer today.

We have a young QB who, while he plays well, was only making his 4th start and is going to have games like this. This one will be quite humbling.

We have an O-line that is terrible in pass pro. It will definitely have to be addressed this offseason (by whoever is here).

I won't put much of this loss on the defense as the offense was so bad that it put the defense on their heels all day. They had to be gassed by the start of the 4th quarter.

A very humbling, sobering game. I think we will do better against the eagles next week as they are division foe we know much better. :eagles_suck:

Edited by SkinsGuy

10 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

That "great" defense didn't do its job, but the offense was so bad a Div 3 football team could have beat them today

But as a team you have to hold folks accountable, I would cut him and I would sit Chase next game for his awful play this game.

I don’t put much credence into “taking accountability” bull**** platitudes.

I’m more supportive of “taking accountability” in winning the game. And this “game” is played once every 7 days. Limited time frame. 

I ascribe to the philosophy of winning the game. And to do that, you need your best players on the field- because we only have one shot at that concept, a week.

Gibson’s fumble didn’t lose us the game today. He’s too valuable, to cut.  

3 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

I don’t put much credence into “taking accountability” bull**** platitudes.

I’m more supportive of “taking accountability” in winning the game. And this “game” is played once every 7 days. Limited time frame. 

I ascribe to the philosophy of winning the game. And to do that, you need your best players on the field- because we only have one shot at that concept, a week.

Gibson’s fumble didn’t lose us the game today. He’s too valuable, to cut.  

He also has a history of this. He is no longer the starter due to fumbles, he has been limited and leads the league in fumbles. His talent would more than be replaced if they used Samuels in the same way. And accountability is very important in any business. If an owner has a manager that always looses money not replacing them is poor business

Edited by tomwvr

20 minutes ago, Hdf561 said:

In my less mature days I would’ve said “to your moms house” but I have grown and won’t say “to your moms house” 

credit to me for not replying to this by saying “to your moms house” 

Howell was on his back under a pile of dudes so much today, I thought your mom was playing QB.

• Haha 4