Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: The Commanders vs. The Bills

zCommander

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Only ELITE QB’s carry bad supporting casts, and they don’t even do that very often.  

Elite definitely carry bad teams and bad O-line. I will use Kirk as an example, not elite but as an example. RG3 was getting sacked left and right, Kirk comes in and magically the sacks went down. Poof - magic. 

Just now, dyst said:

No, what is dumb is when people make excuses as to why a player isn’t good or didn’t have a good career. Guys like Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes etc, would be good regardless of the talent.

Guys like Carr, Haskins, Ramsey, would suck no matter what. 

Sometimes, guys sucks….because…they suck. If Howell ends up spooked then he isn’t cut out.

Is your point that Howell is not a hall of famer?

If so, you win. 🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

No Far Cry 6 love? Not great…. But I’m enjoying it 

think the last Far Cry game I played was 4, nothing against them I just haven’t played any of the newer ones. Right now for me it’s Starfield and Baldur’s Gate 3. RPG heaven  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Is your point that Howell is not a hall of famer?

If so, you win. 🤣

No, my point is that we need to stop worrying that this will somehow break him mentally. If he is good this won’t break him, if it does then he was not going to be what we need anyways.

Edited by dyst
  • Like 2

Just now, PolarExpress said:

I know that.  But good grief.  Take some responsibility instead of spewing cliches.

I'd be surprised if he were mentally present for any of that. Imagine the, "I really gotta pee but Grandma is talking to me and she hasn't given me my birthday present yet" feeling.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dyst said:

No, what is dumb is when people make excuses as to why a player isn’t good or didn’t have a good career. Guys like Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes etc, would be good regardless of the talent.

Guys like Carr, Haskins, Ramsey, would suck no matter what. 

Sometimes, guys sucks….because…they suck. If Howell ends up spooked then he isn’t cut out.

All those guys you listed all had bad games like this. Howell will be fine if he can get past the play of the Oline

• Like 1

Just now, dyst said:

No, my point is that we need to stop worrying that this will somehow break him mentally. If he is good this won’t break him, if it does then he was not going to be what we need anyways.

This is a fundamentally flawed argument. It's not opinion, this is a prime logical fallacy.

We just had an awful day, so I won't expend any more energy on this, but don't use this argument with something that matters.

Just now, dyst said:

I think folks are worried about literally breaking him.  He’s being asked to stand in shotgun and heave it all the time, with a tub of lard on his right side that doesn’t even pretend to block.  He’s likely to get physically hurt.  Beyond that, facing so much immediate pressure tends to make guys see ghosts.  

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

All those guys you listed all had bad games like this. Howell will be fine if he can get past the play of the Oline

I’m not to considered about one bad game or even a few. It was my counterpoint to people worrying that this will leave him traumatized. I personally don’t feel good or elite QBs get shell shocked long term. If they do, then they weren’t going to be that level QB anyways.

Edited by dyst