Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: The Commanders vs. The Bills

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Hdf561 said:

I hope y’all are not surprised. I said it week 1 this is still a bad football team, who only has wins over 2 bad football teams. Anytime we play someone halfway competent it’s going to be like this. 

Some son good stuff out of the D but you have to score points to win in the NFL, period. 

Let me know where to mail your cookie

Just now, MartinC said:

Nah. Give him the snaps. 

Don’t give him an easy out - he will want to finish this. 

Yeah, but it might not be good for him.  He clearly can’t see the field at all.  He’s holding the ball, evading at the wrong time, making bad decisions.  

Sometime tapping out and living to play another day is what you need.  

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

They’re going to win next week. 

Why?  Because that’s what happens in the NFL.  

No we aren't. This "records don't mean anything" or there is no such thing as a good or bad team, I really don't even know the point that you are trying to make, is dumb.

Good teams win more games than bad teams and you can usually tell which team is good.

Eagles and Dallas are bad match ups for us and Riddick is going to use it as a get right game.

Our OL isn't going to magically become good and EB has called the same game 3 weeks in a row.

• Like 2

Just now, justice98 said:

We've never really used him properly.  Get him in space, on LBs and safeties and let him go.  Spent the first 2 years trying to make him John Riggins, then the last 2 not getting him the ball in places where he can use his skill set.  I still think there's something there, just for somebody else.

nah, he’s just not that explosive. His combine measurables were a mirage, he’s never been that guy. He’s a straight line athlete not a YAC beast or agile jitterbug, and even that straight line speed isn’t take the top off/pull away from the defense type speed. He could have done well in a prime Tevin Coleman type role in a better offense that put him in space more, I agree with that. But I think we’ve pretty much seen the sort of player he is, I don’t think there’s an alternate reality where he’s a stud somewhere in a different role. 

If they move on from Howell, and they sure could, their very first order of business better be replacing the turnstiles that are between the sidelines at FedEx Field. 

Otherwise the next guy is going to have a similar struggle.

Howell was awful today, too. Don’t get me wrong. But this OL is awful and we play Dallas and Philly twice.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ok.  I change my mind.  I think it might be time to give the kid a break.  

I think taking him out now would be worse than leaving him in. Just let him finish it out, then go and lick his wounds and see how he handles having a horrible game.

• Like 1