Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Denver

KDawg

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Young still gets washed past the QB way too often or jumps inside and loses the edge. 

He's a different player but for those who recall he reminds me of LaVar Arrington - immense physical gifts who makes occasional game changing plays but freelances too often and can't be relied on play to play to just do his job within the scheme.

You have to let a talent like him free lance to some extent. He's too disruptive and can completely destroy opposing game plans. Its a fine line to walk on though. I mean Parsons has carte blanche to free lance as well in Dallas. But you gotta pick your spots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You have to let a talent like him free lance to some extent. He's too disruptive and can completely destroy opposing game plans. Its a fine line to walk on though. I mean Parsons has carte blanche to free lance as well in Dallas. But you gotta pick your spots.

If you allow him that freedom (which is fine) you have to scheme to cover basic responsibilities around him. Like if he has freedom to jump inside who is setting the edge behind him? 

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I knew Sean Payton registered pretty high on the dickheadometer but he actually had another comment in his press conference about us.

When he was asked about his turnovers he expressed frustration and said " punting the ball on this team isn't a bad thing"

We put up more than enough offense for that comment to be unwarranted. 

Hope he enjoys his losing season and he can eat a bag of dicks!

• Like 17
  • Thumb up 1

More on the distribution

RBs - 5 receptions 

TEs - 7 recptions

WRs - 15 receptions

What this means is more variability in the offense. Not just in the who its going to, but in where its going. I don't know if thats because of EB or Howell but that was nice to see because it really shows balance and makes it hard to predict. Its only two games but patterns are not emerging right now. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I knew Sean Payton registered pretty high on the dickheadometer but he actually had another comment in his press conference about us.

When he was asked about his turnovers he expressed frustration and said " punting the ball on this team isn't a bad thing"

Can't wait to watch his defense get eviscerated by Mahomes and Herbert.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Why was Curtis Samuel MIA yesterday? 

can kind of say the same about Jahn right? I know curtis had a big rushing first down i tihnk and someone mentioned he had a very good block downfield on a crucial play. 

but yeah, get that man the ball and some open space. 

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Imagine what will happen when they play one of the 'better offense out there'. if we put up 35 they will put up 50. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, redskinss said:

i forgot about this, someone I think here mentioned it.  must be a sweet win for Riverboat. 

Ron Rivera hasn’t forgotten what Sean Payton said last offseason

https://sports.yahoo.com/ron-rivera-hasn-t-forgotten-083016022.html

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, MartinC said:

That is the poster child for the kind of hit they want to (rightly) get out of the game. If that does not result in a suspension what exactly does?

It's  especially  wrong headed since he apparently  pulled the same thing the week before. That's  a huge part of why he  should be suspended 

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I dont like the defensive design or call there. I can live without seeing us try that again. 

Yeah it's a horrible design and Denver knew exactly how to pick it up.  Russell Wilson was able to hitch up a bunch of times because for some reason we thought it was a good idea to drop John Allen and John Ridgeway into coverage in short zones.  There was a rock solid wall in front of Wilson for him to step up into, and even if Holmes and St-Juste had done actual good blitzes, they never would have gotten there.

Throw that play in the trash.  Also not sure about St Juste and Holmes as blitzers.  That seems like a job that should have been done by Martin.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

Yeah it's a horrible design and Denver knew exactly how to pick it up.  Russell Wilson was able to hitch up a bunch of times because for some reason we thought it was a good idea to drop John Allen and John Ridgeway into coverage in short zones.  There was a rock solid wall in front of Wilson for him to step up into, and even if Holmes and St-Juste had done actual good blitzes, they never would have gotten there.

Throw that play in the trash.  Also not sure about St Juste and Holmes as blitzers.  That seems like a job that should have been done by Martin.

Martin was out yesterday  with a concussion 

I listened to Peyton's presser last night.  He is such an arrogant tool.  He maybe a good coach but he seems to be a real D-bag.  That "better offenses out there" comment especially.  Wouldn't give credit to the Skins at all - making it sound like the win wasn't earned at all.  Im going to enjoy watching their season continue to go down the crapper.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gortiz said:

i forgot about this, someone I think here mentioned it.  must be a sweet win for Riverboat. 

Ron Rivera hasn’t forgotten what Sean Payton said last offseason

https://sports.yahoo.com/ron-rivera-hasn-t-forgotten-083016022.html

I know some players circle games on the calendar for their own personal reasons, but now I'm a firm believer some coaches do as well.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2

This team is 2-0, both wins in which the team only played well in about 2.5 quarters of each game.  If I ignore the Cards game under the "Week 1 is always weird" idea, and focus on the Denver game....this offense put up a true 35 points after going down 3-21 on the road against a Defense that was at least projected to be a Top 5 defense going into the season, in a stadium that is one of the tougher places to win, with a QB who was making his third start.

I also noticed that EB is making a lot of in-game adjustments and it usually leads to the offense improving as the game goes on. It seems like early in games EB uses the quick passes as a replacement for the running game.  Instead of trying to get 4 yards on a run, he has Sam drop back and throw an immediate pass to Terry or Jahan on 1st down.  Then as the game goes on, maybe when defenses are tired, he instead starts handing the ball off and runs are going for a lot of yards.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

59 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

I listened to Peyton's presser last night.  He is such an arrogant tool.  He maybe a good coach but he seems to be a real D-bag.  That "better offenses out there" comment especially.  Wouldn't give credit to the Skins at all - making it sound like the win wasn't earned at all.  Im going to enjoy watching their season continue to go down the crapper.

Payton is a big fat "Richard" 

I love all the sour grapes digs at us, and the answer to every one of them is.  SCOREBOARD 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

It was a great win, super impressive showing by Sam but the defense scares me. I get it they can turn it on and become dominant at times but the inconsistency is frightening as we start to play some of the best teams in the league.

I do think we can beat Buffalo but not if we play the way we played in the first half of these first two games.

2 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

The analytics on going for that long FG instead of punting when your defense was playing mean....probably stood out.

I know I'm in the minority but I was fine with the long FG for the simple reason they were in Denver. Anywhere else I would have punted. Having said that, Cheesean and Slye make me nervous every time they kick a FG or PAT.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, markmills67 said:

Not just the Martin pick, but our last couple of 1st round picks, of which 1 should have been on the OL, plus signing other teams castoffs to start doesn't help. Howell is going to get injured playing behind that OL sooner rather than later. 

So Dotson and Forbes are bad 1st rd picks?