Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Denver

KDawg

15 minutes ago, RawRebel said:

So Dotson and Forbes are bad 1st rd picks?

Not necessarily,  I'm just stating the obvious,  Rivera has neglected the OL since he has been the HC. We have given up 10 sacks in the first 2 games against average DL, if we carry that into games with Stella DL, eg Cowboys, Eagles Howell will be injured. 

• Like 1

I think y’all are being too hard on Peyton. Maybe he didn’t have his bong rip before speaking with the media or maybe he still has Vicadin withdrawals. Drug abuse is a disease that needs to be taken seriously. It’s not his fault that he can’t open his mind and game plan with out some sort of substance.

Nah, just joking…screw his whiny, don’t accept fault and conceded ass. He’s probably telling his players that the better team lost yesterday

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So I'm playing lookahead right now. We have a common opponent in LV with Buffalo and Denver 1 week apart.

Josh Allen put up 38 on him and Wilson put up 16. 

1. LV (Jimmy G) threw 2 interceptions and a fumble. We can't do that. 

2. Buffalo (like Denver) had no sacks. Maybe the Raiders line is just good. 

3. It seems like the Allen / Diggs tension is resolved. Or maybe not. Diggs got 7 targets, tied to lead the team, but only 66 yards. Is he happy with this? Will he be happy getting less yards than Davis? Or Targets? 

4. LV has no interceptions on the year, so maybe they're not the best benchmark to judge Allen for having a INT free game. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I know I'm in the minority but I was fine with the long FG for the simple reason they were in Denver. Anywhere else I would have punted. Having said that, Cheesean and Slye make me nervous every time they kick a FG or PAT.

But the Denver thing shouldn't be much of a factor because range isn't Slye's problem.  Im not concerned can he get it there from 59.  He just hit from 58 last year.  Can he get it between the uprights is the question.

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

About the only time they talked about us. Rest of the chatting heads were talking about how Russ almost had the game into ot.

No yime left when you've got 32 segments of the Cowboys or Jets, saying the same thing over and over..  

12 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Not necessarily,  I'm just stating the obvious,  Rivera has neglected the OL since he has been the HC. We have given up 10 sacks in the first 2 games against average DL, if we carry that into games with Stella DL, eg Cowboys, Eagles Howell will be injured. 

We also had only one reciever and a secondary that couldn't hold water.

48 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I know I'm in the minority but I was fine with the long FG for the simple reason they were in Denver. Anywhere else I would have punted. Having said that, Cheesean and Slye make me nervous every time they kick a FG or PAT.

They already missed a FG because of the operation. Your D was on fire and you have a great punter. Pin them as close to their endzone as possible and make them go the full length for anything. Instead, they started around midfield and got 3 points. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

They already missed a FG because of the operation. Your D was on fire and you have a great punter. Pin them as close to their endzone as possible and make them go the full length for anything. Instead, they started around midfield and got 3 points. 

J. Allen on The Junkies this morning said he was fine with a field goal there that it showed the Defense how much belief RR has in them so there's that angle.

Just now, HigSkin said:

J. Allen on The Junkies this morning said he was fine with a field goal there that it showed the Defense how much belief RR has in them so there's that angle.

He's not going to badmouth the decision on the radio. It was still the wrong one. Punting and saying "My D is so good, we just flipped the field on you" would have been an angle too. 

• Like 4

My thoughts after yesterday's game:

- I think this season so far shows it was all Andy Reid controlling the offense in KC and Bieniemy was basically a glorified personal assistant.

- We were foolish to think a 5th round QB could be a viable starter.

- This team needs to have the lead in order to win--they can't win a shoot out or overcome deficits of more than 3 points.

- That one dude on this board was right...Chase is a bust.

- We should trade Allen, Payne, and Sweat and our next three 1st round picks to move up and get what's-his-ass...Caleb, is it? Yeah, him.

- We're gonna regret not resigning Hallock.

- I think the only reason the team came away with a win yesterday is because the Broncos aren't used to playing in Denver's air and atmosphere.

If this team goes on to win the next 14 Super Bowls, I'll gladly eat some crow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

I know it was just autocorrect, but now I have Ned Flanders yelling out "STELLA!!" from West Side Story in my head. This is going to be an awkward meeting coming up in two minutes.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Much needed news.  

Btw, SIP, are you going to post a game review considering you were at the game.  Would love to hear about your thoughts and experience at Denver

I’ll get to it but probably tomorrow. Long story short I missed my flight and I am dealing with my son with altitude sickness. And I just have my phone today 

We are weathering the slow starting of a Rivera led team really well. Week one was all ugly, but the offense came alive yesterday.

I said a while back that if we averaged 5 more points a game this year over last, we'd be legit. We're averaging 27 (last year was 19)

TO differential last year was -5 and I said we needed that to get to 0. Right now we are at +1.

Those were the two main factors that I think we need to be a playoff team. Granted we played 2 bottom 5 teams so far, but we're doing it.

I think we're going to continue to play better all around and this team will only be more enjoyable as the season goes on. I predicted we'd go 2-2 in Sept.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, RawRebel said:

So Dotson and Forbes are bad 1st rd picks?

That remains to be seen.  So far Dotson has not stepped up his game, second year is when most wr's do.  Forbes looks like a 1st but he gets beat for big plays by faster WR's at this point and needs to keep learning. The jury is still out. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I’ll get to it but probably tomorrow. Long story short I missed my flight and I am dealing with my son with altitude sickness. And I just have my phone today 

Oh, sorry to hear about that.  Hope everything is fine.

• Like 1

Just now, mhd24 said:

Oh, sorry to hear about that.  Hope everything is fine.

thanks. It should be good.  My son is just chilling. It’s worse when you move around 

Loved Denver but the airport is a nightmare. Worse security line I’ve ever seen by a mile abd it caused me to miss the flight and I’ve traveled a lot.  So i am stuck on Denver for an extra day now.

Just now, Ball Security said:

Hope all goes well for your boy.

Are you teaching him to longsnap?

I got a full day to kill maybe I’ll work on that