Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Denver

KDawg

I don't want to start a new thread, but how the **** is Kareem Jackson not getting suspended?  Two weeks, two dirty hits that put players out with concussions.

WTF? That hit on Logan is literally the dictionary definition of what the league is trying to get rid of?  If they don't suspend players for hits like that, they are textbook exhibits to demonstrate that the league doesn't take head shots seriously!

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Rewatching the game and HOLY HELL are we getting our asses kicked.  This first quarter and a half is abysmal.

It had all the makings of a good old fashioned ass whooping. Defense looked like they had concrete feet.  Sideline looked uninterested.  OLine immediately getting the LOS pushed back 3 yards.  A complete shank of a missed field goal.

Truly remarkable how it turned around.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2

Just now, DiscoBob said:

I don't want to start a new thread, but how the **** is Kareem Jackson not getting suspended?  Two weeks, two dirty hits that put players out with concussions.

WTF? That hit on Logan is literally the dictionary definition of what the league is trying to get rid of?  If they don't suspend players for hits like that, they are textbook exhibits to demonstrate that the league doesn't take head shots seriously!

I agree. You are never going to take the dirty hits out of the game until you start suspending players without pay who do dirty **** like that. But I am not sure that is allowed in the CBA?

19 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I think it was more Wylie sucks and see the chiefs didn't want him anymore and upgraded with jawaan. 

That may still be true because the season is very young but early indicators are that jawaan isn't worth what they paid him.

I'm betting if Reid had a time Machine he'd keep Wylie for what we paid him versus taylor at 20 Mil per.

you mean sort of like the Chiefs version of Rivera getting rid of Moses. Maybe.

I don’t care about Taylor. Sounds like he must clean up those penalties. If he does he might be OK. If not it’s trouble for him.

I was watching Wylie closely at the game. He looks to me exactly like he did in the games I watched him on coaches film.  Really clean reps on play after play but then sort out of nowhere he loses.  That will help his PFF scores though because of the number of wins.

He’s not atrocious IMO but I think he’s below average. But will see. The season is young. I did love one of his run blocks yesterday, he destroyed a defender opening a gap. 

Whether it’s Wylie or Taylor the season is young. Will see. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

With the emotion and adrenaline from that wild win subsiding, I think we're in deep **** the next two weeks. Not to be Debbie Downer, but the Broncos arent good, the Cardinals are plucky but will be picking top 2-3. 

The Bills are much better than either team, and the Eagles...stopping Jalen Carter is making my eye twitch. I fully expect to be 2-2. However, if we're 3-1, I'll be over the moon.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'll bet ya 20 bucks we come back and win.

Hell, I watched the game live, I know the outcome...I would still hesitate taking that bet knowing the history of this team.

I like Tom Grossi (GB fan) and Brandon Perna (Broncos fan), but they always **** on our team. Today, I get to wallow in their misery, its amazing! Join me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2-0 is where I expected the team to be at this point. We have done a lot of what we need to in terms of big picture, but its been a massive struggle to say the least against teams that are not exactly good or ones capable of pressing our biggest weaknesses.

I wanna see if they can do stuff against quality competition, and not bottom feeders.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

2-0 is where I expected the team to be at this point. We have done a lot of what we need to in terms of big picture, but its been a massive struggle to say the least against teams that are not exactly good or ones capable of pressing our biggest weaknesses.

I wanna see if they can do stuff against quality competition, and not bottom feeders.

Me too. I also predicted 2-0. Actually also 4-2 on the way to an 8-9 record. I liked how the early season matchups stacked up but not the 2nd half of the season.

Ill say though I am stoked for 2 reasons. Both were players I was optimistic on but still needed the script to play out some.

A. Howell

B. Chase Young

If both continue to play well especially Howell then the future is bright.  Both players were a fun watch yesterday.

But I agree as a team. I won’t buy in until they beat a big boy team and on that note next Sunday IMO is a great test for the season 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

53 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I agree. You are never going to take the dirty hits out of the game until you start suspending players without pay who do dirty **** like that. But I am not sure that is allowed in the CBA?

You may be right about the current CBA.  At some point the league had the ability to suspend players, cuz they did with Vontaze Burfict for his hit on Antonio Brown.  I remember that being a brutal hit... that said, the hit yesterday was pretty damn brutal too!

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Those are stupid metrics. And Chase was only part time for 1/2 the game.

I'm not joking. The analytics for our front 4 are always crazy and near the top of the NFL, they just need to finish and have impact plays.

They do that at the rate of their metrics and your looking at DVP candidates.

Lets hope they keep making those plays to go along w/ those metrics

I'm with everyone on the 2-0 start prediction (followed with us likely losing the next 2), as I thought the Cardinals and Broncos were bottom tier teams. After 2 weeks it's clear the Cardinals play tough and are not the giving up and tanking team people assumed. I don't know what to think of the Broncos, maybe their offense isn't quite as bad as I suspected.

Still two teams we should beat again in a rematch but only beating the Cardinals by 4 wasn't the warning sign I thought.

Bills game should be fun. Good Allen can beat anyone. Bad Allen can lose a low scoring affair. I suspect we need to score 25+.

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

For the year, Howell has a QBR of 54.1

Which puts him 20th in the NFL through 2 weeks (minus tonight's games)

However, week 1 he was at 41.7 (very meh to ehhhh)

Week 2 he was 64.1, which is more "yeah, that's what I'm talking about."  

61 is ~ number 10-13 in the NFL for QBR, year over year.  So, if you believe QBR, in week 2 he played like a top 10-ish QB.  In week 1, he did ... not.

If he keeps the growth trajectory up, he'll have a very good year.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

The Bills are much better than either team, and the Eagles...stopping Jalen Carter is making my eye twitch.

Week 2 Bills are a much better team.

Week 1 Bills would be in the running for the #1 overall pick in the draft.

Which Bills team shows up?  I'm guessing closer to Week 2 Bills, and that's trouble.  But the Bills have it in them to be atrocious.  And I think Allen, Payne, Sweat and Young COULD (not will, but could) make them into the week 1 team.  But we shall see.

The Eagles are not the team from last year ... yet.  Still good, but nowhere near as good as last year.  We'll see how it goes.

I agree, we'll be underdogs in both games.

I wouldn't be shocked if we won one of them though.  

25 years of bad juju, we're in-line for some good juju.

• Like 2