Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Denver

KDawg

4 hours ago, Conn said:

Charles is really hauling ass upfield to get to those second level blocks, and actively looking for work at all times. He’s still flawed and makes mistakes but you can really see why the coaches wanted him to win that battle 

He really got skinny on that first one. I guess did just enough against the NT then got skinny. That's surprising.

I am now fully prepared to own my takes that's shaping up to be completely wrong that Saahdiq Charles is awful. He's got some potential still, and is making some legit 2nd level plays.

• Like 1

Yes, I am being consistent. Last year Wentz just flat out sucked. At no point was our offense 'absolutely humming' in the first two games with him under center. My 2-thumbs-up was agreeing with your post there about the total O collapse.

We are not even in the same galaxy this year with EB and Howell. And the only 'garbage time' padded stats in this last game came from Denver in the 4th quarter. Not from Howell and EB. To add another point, we should have scored on our first drive of the game with an easy field goal' but Cheesed**k screwed up the snap. At the time, I called it and said "we should have scored a TD because this asshat will cost us the FG". And he did.

Your definitions of absolutely humming and garbage time is what I have an issue with. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, mudhog said:

Yes, I am being consistent. Last year Wentz just flat out sucked. At no point was our offense 'absolutely humming' in the first two games with him under center.

That is exactly my point and what I described. 

It looks like we were humming from a numbers standpoint, but we were not. Last year we averaged nearly 400 yds of offense a game in week 1 and 2, but the O was not good, and showed massive red flags of being not good.

I have seen a lot of red flags on this years O.

Does that mean EB will crash n burn? No. Like I said, I aint writing the book on him after 2 games.

He is allowed the opportunity to grow and learn, but in the meantime, all I have to evaluate are 2 games, and based on those I wanna see improvement.

And I am confident a lot of people here understand my angle. Its just not fun viewpoint to acknowledge... similar to other things I've grudged against... From the dark times lol.

out-of-line-anthony-mackie.gif.b78ca7d3c0b9396b8a1c7741b5c590a8.gif

I aint mad at nobody for it tho, nature of the beast and all. We all want it to work out. I'd love for EB to kill it out there, he just has to show me he can before I believe he will.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

That is exactly my point and what I described. 

It looks like we were humming from a numbers standpoint, but we were not. Last year we averaged nearly 400 yds of offense a game in week 1 and 2, but the O was not good, and showed massive red flags of being not good.

I have seen a lot of red flags on this years O.

Does that mean EB will crash n burn? No. Like I said, I aint writing the book on him after 2 games.

He is allowed the opportunity to grow and learn, but in the meantime, all I have to evaluate are 2 games, and based on those I wanna see improvement.

And I am confident a lot of people here understand my angle. Its just not fun viewpoint to acknowledge... similar to other things I've grudged against... From the dark times lol.

out-of-line-anthony-mackie.gif.b78ca7d3c0b9396b8a1c7741b5c590a8.gif

I aint mad at nobody for it tho, nature of the beast and all. We all want it to work out. I'd love for EB to kill it out there, he just has to show me he can before I believe he will.

I was saying the exact same thing on Twitter and would have said it here but we won. That is the main differenece here. Wew pulled the win out. So we unlike that deep ball late to Detroit, we were able to recover and get the W. 

The other thing is that if you look at the boxscore of the Detroit Game you think Wentz was dishing - 3 TDs 337 yards. But we all remember that right? Drive 1, 3 and out on a sack. Then they score. Drive 2 3 and out. Drive 3 a sack fumble safety. Drive 4 - 3 and out. 

Our offense was flowing on drive 1 against Denver on Sunday. So its different. Both coordinators and QBs were able to figure out the defenses but this year we didn't look inept.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

If EB wants to force it to the ghost of Travis Kelce this week, Milano is going to control the game.

He needs to force feed our talented WR foursome.

It would make sense if he is copying Andy Reid's offense to target TEs - its what he watched dominate the league.

Of course some of the targets to TEs may be secondary reads etc - 2 games is a small sample size but alas we do only get 17. The TE is a QBs best friend but maybe more so for a young QB with a crap OL. The big tell will be one Cole Turner with 8+ primary read targets this week if Logan can't go.

I will be loading Cole Turner up in fantasy GPP tourney's if Logan sits.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

If the offense starts this Bills game like they finished last week and our defense plays the way that we know they can, this is a very winnable game and has us at the table. The Eagles have been off this season trying to adapt to new OC&DC and a slew of injuries, so I don't think it's impossible for us to be 4-0.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

If we can split the next two that would be huge. The three game stretch after that is much more manageable(Bears and Falcons at home, Giants on the road is always tough but they are definitely beatable). 

Agree.  I predicated 8-9.  the ceiling 10-7.  Floor 7-10.  If they win one of the next two, it feels to me like they can hit that ceiling.

Josh Allen has a lot of boom-bust to him.  Granted more boom than bust.  But the bust seems to happen earlier in the season.  

As far as the Eagles, they haven't looked as good as last year.  But I hate the matchup of our o line versus their D line

• Like 2

I don't think EB is intentionally forcing it to the TE. I think some of it is by design because the OL can't hold up, so its easier to get it to the TEs short and underneath then wait for our WRs to get deep downfield. It looked like we were more TE heavy in Week 1 but focused on the WRs more in Week 2.

• Like 1

I have been positive that we're a double digit loss team all offseason, but now my hopes are starting to get up. Part of it is that smug Bills fan in the prediction thread.

Every time I've gotten my hopes up, that's when the poo pipe breaks and sprays all over my optimism, but with the HOG running the show now and some of our fans in the stadium, maybe it's time for that foreboding to end.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I have been positive that we're a double digit loss team all offseason, but now my hopes are starting to get up. Part of it is that smug Bills fan in the prediction thread.

Every time I've gotten my hopes up, that's when the poo pipe breaks and sprays all over my optimism, but with the HOG running the show now and some of our fans in the stadium, maybe it's time for that foreboding to end.

I've prepared myself to feeling at times like this team will be good and is headed to the playoffs even with my 8-9 prediction considering there are always moments like that in Rivera's tenure.  The so so runs have been marked with some highlights. 

I thought they would win the first two.  I predicted them to lose the next 2.  It would feel off brand for them to take one of these 2 so if they did, I likely will feel they have a decent shot at a winning season.

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've prepared myself to feeling at times like this team will be good and is headed to the playoffs even with my 8-9 prediction considering there are always moments like that in Rivera's tenure.  The so so runs have been marked with some highlights. 

I thought they would win the first two.  I predicted them to lose the next 2.  It would feel off brand for them to take one of these 2 so if they did, I likely will feel they have a decent shot at a winning season.

I think the Eagles and Cowboys are the worst match ups for us, so the rest could be winnable. This Bills game feels really important to me. Win this one and this team feels different.

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

I think the Eagles and Cowboys are the worst match ups for us, so the rest could be winnable. This Bills game feels really important to me. Win this one and this team feels different.

The wildcard for that game I think might be Josh Allen's rocket of a deep ball and this secondary's ability to stop it if the Bills can buy Allen some time in the pocket.  Wilson had some success going deep against this secondary culminating in the Hail Mary.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

The wildcard for that game I think might be Josh Allen's rocket of a deep ball and this secondary's ability to stop it if the Bills can buy Allen some time in the pocket.  Wilson had some success going deep against this secondary culminating in the Hail Mary.

Percy Butler will need to not suck and our DL will need to be hyper aggressive to force bad throws.

We also need to score early and often and not look like we did until almost the second half of Denver. 

I can see a combined 70+ points, with both teams having lots of sacks and TOs.

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Percy Butler will need to not suck and our DL will need to be hyper aggressive to force bad throws.

We also need to score early and often and not look like we did until almost the second half of Denver. 

I can see a combined 70+ points, with both teams having lots of sacks and TOs.

Forbes had a great pick but he gave up some big plays, too.   But mainly with him, he needs to play the run better.     PFF has him as the 2nd worst CB against the run in the league.  I don't think I'd go that far but I saw him missing some tackles on Sunday

Edited by Skinsinparadise

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Forbes had a great pick but he gave up some big plays, too.   But mainly with him, he needs to play the run better.     PFF has him as the 2nd worst CB against the run in the league.  I don't think I'd go that far but I saw him missing some tackles on Sunday

He needs to catch all the balls that come close to him. He could have 3+ ints already.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

He needs to catch all the balls that come close to him. He could have 3+ ints already.

Yep.   I am not going to kill him for the Hail Mary, he jumped up for the ball but it still went through his hands.  Curl who is usually great but without ball skills might have arguably been the biggest culprit because it hit off of his hands.  Butler who didn't have a good game -- was the last line of defense on it.  But Forbes and Curl had shots to bat the ball down.

The one worry about Forbes because of his size was that teams would run right at him.  And thus far it appears that is indeed happening.  And he's struggiling with it.

Don't get me wrong I like the pick.  His INT was beautiful but its been an up and down start to his career. 

Screen Shot 2023-09-20 at 12.30.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-20 at 12.31.06 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

I hadn't realised until then that Wilson didn't throw it into the end zone. I thought that was the whole point of a Hail Mary! He surely can't have expected us to keep batting it up in the air??

Yes, it was a total fluke that it was completed. The rookie needed to try to knock that down, not catch it. If he does that its over. But that also still needed to be batted into the air a SECOND time to make it into the endzone. 

• Thumb up 1