Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Denver

KDawg

15 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

With Saquon Barkley officially ruled out with an ankle injury, it just got a lot tougher for them. :giantssuck:

Yeah he's likely missing a few weeks.  Also A. Thomas missed last week and will miss that game, too.  they if I recall had the 2nd most injuries in the league last year or something like that.  they seemed to be on that track again.  Their stadium field is likely part of that -- some say the worst surface in the league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I don’t think this narrative that “we might win because Josh Allen could **** the bed” mindset is healthy or accurate.

Why shouldn’t we be competitive in this game? The Bills will have their hands full with our front four. A well timed turnover or a big play on offense and I expect us to be right in the mix.

I’m not predicting a win this week but I don’t think us having a chance to win is predicated on the Bills sucking. 

It's more like we're creating the bad game for Allen because our defense is awesome. I dont expect Allen to suck for the hell of it.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's more like we're creating the bad game for Allen because our defense is awesome. I dont expect Allen to suck for the hell of it.

I think it could be a combination of both.  I think Josh Allen is really good.  But he also can suck for the hell of it.  Every QB just about have bad games.  Allen seems to have more of them than the standard franchise QB.

I have faith that this D line can create pressure.  I don't have a lot of faith that if Allen is on fire that our secondary can stop him from making big plays.  Also the edges of this defense are vulnerable so RBs or QBs who can get to the edge quickly are dangerous.  Allen is that type of QB. He can make plays with his legs. 

So I do think Allen having an off day is likely part of the plot line for a victory.  And I do agree that our D line can increase the chances he has an off day.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So that implies that previously, with the former OC Turner, they didn’t believe in ‘the plan’ yeah?!

Sounds like he’s throwing some shade towards Turner.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And Slye too.

Loyal to a fault.

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

So that implies that previously, with the former OC Turner, they didn’t believe in ‘the plan’ yeah?!

Sounds like he’s throwing some shade towards Turner.

And Slye too.

Loyal to a fault.

It wasn’t hard to see Turners offense was unimaginative and inflexible. The plan seemed to be call plays at random and hope two receivers don’t end up in the same spot. 

As for long snapper I’m hoping this works because cheeseman is going to cost us a game if it doesn’t. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah he's likely missing a few weeks.  Also A. Thomas missed last week and will miss that game, too.  they if I recall had the 2nd most injuries in the league last year or something like that.  they seemed to be on that track again.  Their stadium field is likely part of that -- some say the worst surface in the league.

I heard somewhere that the teams playing on the Giants/Jets field have the most soft tissue injuries in the league.

Houston Texans field is also supposed to be abysmal.

Lions field was bad with the now banned type of turf, but they obviously were forced to change it recently. There's some belief that Megatron would not have retired so early if he had not played on that field 8 games a year.

Edited by Always A Commander Never A Captain
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm still not sold on EB, so I don't really care that much. I think he's an improvement and pretty much what we needed, but he's not the future.

Not trying to be thick, or argumentative, but I just don't understand this way of thinking. And I know you've done quite a bit of coaching over the years, so you are a perfect person to explain this. 

I've read all the stories about Bienemy's interviews and his personal baggage which possibly kept him from the HC position with every team he interviewed with this past year. And that's why he made the lateral move to us as the Asst. HC/OC. So, he is here making his bones and proving to us and the rest of the NFL that he's just as good a play caller as Andy Reid. For God's sakes, it was HIS offense Andy was calling. 

Results are results. I don't want to get ahead of myself, because it's just 2 games, but the parallels are glaring. He worked with Mahomes since he was a pup, and developed him from a truly gifted, athletic college QB into the cyborg we see today. It seems he's doing the same with Sam who is also truly gifted and athletic. His offenses mask weaknesses in his team while exposing and capitalizing on weakness in the opposing defense. His scripts are easy to understand and give quite a bit of latitude to a smart QB/smart receivers to adjust according to coverage. Hell, we finally have a working screen play! Not only is it working, but it's beautiful. He coaches them on timing and assignments until they are perfect. Not only is he detail oriented, he demands perfection. And in the process of repetition, he has them in shape enough to mount a 32-point comeback at mile-high in the second game of the season. Not to mention, the two-minute drill which doesn't just net us points, but reclaims the momentum, while restoring our fight and confidence.

So, only two weeks in and we are on the correct trajectory. Let's say we do stay healthy and reach 10 and 7, or even 11 and 6. Do we just toss EB for some unknown? Or do we make him the new HC? And for DC, if we reach 11 and 6, do we keep JDR? Or go for a different DC? I totally agree with you about a GM and the rest of the head-shed though. The HC can't be the GM. Your thoughts please.

Edit: Sorry KB. I got the coaching thing mixed up between you and KD. 

Edited by mudhog
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, mudhog said:

Still, I'll take your 2-cents. KD can give me the coaches-corner later, lol.

I'm wondering why you think an OC with 15 failed interviews is responsible for a HCs offense, when that HC has success before he hired him and led to half the leagues HCs.

He was the OC at KC. He Schemed the plays and coached the offense with the QB to make everything work. Andy Reid called those plays in the game, off the menu. I don't know why everyone thinks it's so far-fetched for EB to create the plays, but not call them in the game. 

Also, I am probably wrong on this, but I thought it was only seven interviews in 2 years...not 15. Doesn't really matter the number. Fact is, he's a good coach who makes changes in real time and gets results. The players have bought in. My question is, why would you let him walk. If all he needs to stay here is the title of HC, then get it done. As much as I like Rivera the man, this isn't a popularity contest. It's the NFL. And its our team. Damn, we've made sooooooo many mistakes in the Dan Snyder years by letting quality walk, why would we do it here? Moses at RT is one that haunts this team every week. We could have paid him. But we let him walk instead. 

I liked the Bieniemy hire a lot.  It was 15 interviews he had.  The offense was "meh" in game 1.  Looked great in game 2.

Do I think the KC scheme is primarily Bieinemy's?  Nope.  If you read about it -- its Reid's scheme.  And that's not a debatable point.  But can and did Bieineimy learn from Reid and put his own stamp on the offense?  Sure.   You bet.  Reading about him there, he added detail and helped the players look for tendencies and plan for various game situations among other things. 

I'd like to see a larger sample size before wanting Bieiniemy as HC.  Also I used to be on the bandwagon of get an X and O's guy to be the HC but am off that train.  Being the HC is about so much more than just X's and O's.  Plenty of X and O's guy have sucked as a HC.

For me the HC need to know how to manage an organization, motivate, build a culture, hire good assistant coaches -- put the team's success over comfort and ego among other things.  I am not saying Bieineimy isn't that guy.  I am saying I don't know if he is or isn't.  But if I am an owner hiring a HC, my questions in an interview would only center on the X's and O's for a small part of that interview.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, mudhog said:

He was the OC at KC. He Schemed the plays and coached the offense with the QB to make everything work. Andy Reid called those plays in the game, off the menu. I don't know why everyone thinks it's so far-fetched for EB to create the plays, but not call them in the game. 

Also, I am probably wrong on this, but I thought it was only seven interviews in 2 years...not 15. Doesn't really matter the number. Fact is, he's a good coach who makes changes in real time and gets results. The players have bought in. My question is, why would you let him walk. If all he needs to stay here is the title of HC, then get it done. As much as I like Rivera the man, this isn't a popularity contest. It's the NFL. And its our team. Damn, we've made sooooooo many mistakes in the Dan Snyder years by letting quality walk, why would we do it here? Moses at RT is one that haunts this team every week. We could have paid him. But we let him walk instead. 

The offense was Reid's. The OC can be a title that encompasses a lot of things. One of those things is not always playcaller. When the HC calls plays that typically means that they will have someone else doing some of the more tedious day to day activities. Things like scout cards, scripts, some strategy, running meetings, etc. The HC has his hand in a few other things, so the OC in some circumstances simply just is the day to day organizer/leader of the offense, but the HC calls the plays.

I'm sure EB had some say on the KC offense. Like mentioned, he WAS the OC. But that offense is in place because it was Reid's. So EB's offense here is going to have a bunch of the Andy Reid flavor to it, but with his own twists. 

But make no mistake, the scheme that he coached in KC was very much Andy Reid's offense. 

But as you alluded to, he had a hand in making sure that engine ran.

I think people are way too hard on EB. It's similar to how I feel about the "omg lol Howell is a 5th rounder he stinks lol" mindset. It's looking at something very specific and using that to paint an entire picture.

EB does have some things he needs to smooth out... but this has been his first two games with an offense that is 100% his. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I bet this guy could to better...

ethanalbright.webp.7f80d5ba967947ef90bb6a2f8f0b47c5.webp

http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=hruby/060906

Rumor has it he was pissed at his Madden ratings... ok like most players.

Why ya gotta do me like that? We have a long history of fantastic long snappers.

I will never forgive Ron for releasing Nick Sunberg. You know that guy played an entire half with a broken arm for us? Helped Way to his first ProBowl. Ron cuts him and drafts Cheese. Huge red flag there.

The Red Snapper? ****ing legend. 

The Cheese stays at least until Ron is gone. He made this mess, he can sit in it.

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

I bet this guy could to better...

ethanalbright.webp.7f80d5ba967947ef90bb6a2f8f0b47c5.webp

http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=hruby/060906

Rumor has it he was pissed at his Madden ratings... ok like most players.

It's weird to be a fan of this team and hear about long snapper issues with such a storied past such as ours. I'm in my 50s and for pretty much my whole adult life, LS has been covered by either Red or Nick.

Then you inevitably get the old geezer who pops in and says " Ya know, Nick Sunberg once played a whole half for us with a broken arm?"

We'd pat him on his head and say "I know, pops" Then we'd give him his Geritol and settle him in his recliner for his morning nap.

🤪

• Haha 4