Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Commanders vs. Cardinals - No mercy for the helpless red birds!

zCommander

I’m not an “a win is a win” guy unless you hav a good, proven team and have an anomaly of a sloppy game. That isn’t us. This is gonna be a below average season as I expected, but loved seeing the fan support and am excited about the future. Howell’s got potential. Nice to see the D get energized but they aren’t elite yet. 

• Like 1

Ok, time to fly the Cardinal's nest. Lets take one last peek before we dip out:

Congrats on beating the worst team in the nfl by 4 points at home.

I’m starting to think we might not pull this one off.

I miss Colt

Send Dobbs back to nasa

I expected a disgraceful loss... but I'm truly only embarrassed by the man with the sewn on face named Dobbs.

This is the result when the Cardinals have a Make-A-Wish kid at QB

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, markmills67 said:

A win is a win fellow Redskins.

But

The way Rivera has neglected our OL is absolutely disgraceful,  6 sacks against probably the worst team in the league. 

I think many of those sacks were on Howell tbh

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

D was great. If they do that against a good team I'd be calling them elite.

Sweat, Allen and Payne balled out. They dominated stretches of that game.

O was booty-flakes. Inconsistent, poor generation and sloppy. Lucky they had our D to bail them out and we were playing the Cards.

This is gonna be a rough year.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, profusion said:

An ugly win is still a win.

The offense is a big concern, though.

Just the OL.

Sam's got some dog in him. BRob can play. Gibby can be great if he's used properly. The WR corps is finally NFL caliber. I'm excited about Cole Turner. 

But the line absolutely ****ing sucks. Maybe Stromberg can come through for us but we need way more than just a center. 

• Like 3

Just now, mhd24 said:

I think many of those sacks were on Howell tbh

Many? No. A few? Yes. Wylie stinks. Charles got bulldozed. An edge rusher was totally unblocked on another (that wasn’t a sack, Howell threw hot), Gates whiffed. 

But yes. Howell is a QB who is going to take some sacks at his own decision making. But he’s also going to make plays because he’s holding it. Gotta take the good with the bad.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

I’m not an “a win is a win” guy unless you hav a good, proven team and have an anomaly of a sloppy game. That isn’t us. This is gonna be a below average season as I expected, but loved seeing the fan support and am excited about the future. Howell’s got potential. Nice to see the D get energized but they aren’t elite yet. 

I don’t see how this game shows they aren’t elite. They scored 13 off of turnovers.

when needed they showed up big and shut down the Cards offense. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Many? No. A few? Yes. Wylie stinks. Charles got bulldozed. An edge rusher was totally unblocked on another (that wasn’t a sack, Howell threw hot), Gates whiffed. 

But yes. Howell is a QB who is going to take some sacks at his own decision making. But he’s also going to make plays because he’s holding it. Gotta take the good with the bad.

Oh no doubt.  I can remember at least two on Howell (the one where he tried to run and got out of bounds for a -1 lost) and another one where he'd the ball forever.  

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

Oh no doubt.  I can remember at least two on Howell (the one where he tried to run and got out of bounds for a -1 lost) and another one where he'd the ball forever.  

The one where he ran shouldn’t be counted as a sack. He was clearly a runner. That’s a rushing loss of one 

• Thanks 1