Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Commanders vs. Cardinals - No mercy for the helpless red birds!

zCommander

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

the TE position is a clown show. Thomas is done. And Bates cannot play without holding. Weakest part of our team IMO. 

Great post.....but Turner should be exempt from this point, he can play. Thomas is too expensive to have on this roster.

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

My takeaways:

This DL is ELITE and it showed today. They took over 3 drives alone. Forced turnovers and were just incredible all around. 

The OL caught flak in this thread. But they pass protected well. They opened holes in the run game that were not seen by the RB's

Howell is a work in progress and will be all season. He is FAR more dangerous with his legs than I thought he was. He shows great pocket awareness at times. But at other times he did not help the OL at all.  His TD run was a thing of beauty. MUST learn to protect the ball when scrambling. 

Our kickers, both of them are amazing. Slye has really matured here. And Way is the best punter in the world. 

I am so glad to have Crowder back here as a PR. He is a threat in that job. And probably earned a year long job here today. 

the TE position is a clown show. Thomas is done. And Bates cannot play without holding. Weakest part of our team IMO. 

Davis still struggles at times at LB. But we all expected that. 

Pretty much all I have this week. Regardless of what happens this season we have won our own Super Bowl because Snyder is gone. Enjoyed the thread today with you all. HTTC

With you on a fair amount of it but the oline - Oline was trash. They were on top of Howell before he even got set all day. They had moments of run blocking but thier pass blocking was horrendous. Can thy fix it? Maybe. Oline is something that guys need to practice and play together. But right now they will limit how far the team goes. 

Howell was fair to decent. Certainly have somethig to work with. Stays calm under duress. Really strong arm. Very short memory. Smart player. The tipped pass not his fault. The fumble was 50/50. He has to feel thecpressure better and protect that ball. He missed a few throws but made a lot more. And that rifle arm will only help him as he figures things out. This was after all just start #2. 

This was not gonigb to be a blowout. AZ's D is better than people give them credit for. With the new HC they had a lot of energy. Good for them to start o nthe road - no expectations. I thought we ewre a bit tight in the first half. And the rain did not help. 

Second half the game started to go as i thought it would with us pulling away from them. 

I would start seeing if they could trade for some quality Oline. That is the unit that will hold this team back. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

I can’t see even being offered a 2nd day pick. And I wouldn’t trade him for less - more value as player here this season than a 6th or 7th round pick.

Whether you'd trade him for one or not, I suspect you could get that.  Because as a player this year he does have some value.

If you're a pretty good team looking to make a playoff push, he fits into a DL rotation.  And you have the upside that if he explodes, you can think about franchising him.

There's a difference between you can't get anything for him vs. you can't get anything you'd take.  I'd probably keep him for the 6th round pick.  I'd ship him out for a 4th round pick.  Not sure you'd get a 4th round pick though.

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I don't either.  We could have tossed some short passes and ate clock and moved the chains instead of three straight runs.  All it takes is one broken play by the defense to allow a TD. 

theoretically.  But we did drop a LOT of passes in this game

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I can’t see even being offered a 2nd day pick. And I wouldn’t trade him for less - more value as player here this season than a 6th or 7th round pick.

If he doesn’t change the outcome of the season because the DL isn’t the issue. Why not take what you can get? Or you hope he starts next week and hope he turns into jj watt

4 minutes ago, dunfer said:

If he doesn’t change the outcome of the season because the DL isn’t the issue. Why not take what you can get? Or you hope he starts next week and hope he turns into jj watt

What's a 2nd day pick going to do for us? Bring in a warm body for the OL?

If Chase comes back and is legit, a brutal defensive front can take us places. It defined the Giants in 2007 and 2011.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That happened day one of that hire. 

Word

all we heard in the training camp thread was:

EB gonna scheme

trust EB

EB for head coach ffs

hell, ol EB doesn’t even need on O-line

Yer stoopid, just you wait and see.  

well, we just saw the opening act of 17.  He’s going to “scheme” Howell into Ramsey 2.0. 

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Whether you'd trade him for one or not, I suspect you could get that.  Because as a player this year he does have some value.

If you're a pretty good team looking to make a playoff push, he fits into a DL rotation.  And you have the upside that if he explodes, you can think about franchising him.

There's a difference between you can't get anything for him vs. you can't get anything you'd take.  I'd probably keep him for the 6th round pick.  I'd ship him out for a 4th round pick.  Not sure you'd get a 4th round pick though.

Fair. I should have said nothing of enough value to make it a realistic possibility.

6 minutes ago, dunfer said:

Because he's a rotational piece.  At some point in time, somebody is going to get dinged on the DL.  Then having the extra body for the DL will matter.

• Like 1