Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Commanders vs. Cardinals - No mercy for the helpless red birds!

zCommander

44 minutes ago, tshile said:

We played like garbage on both sides of the ball, but I don’t care cause that’s not what this day was about. 

enjoyed seeing some old faces today. Enjoyed being at a game again. Enjoyed that it’s been 6 years and I still know how to navigate fedex like a champ. There in 1h15m, home in 1h15m before halftime of the 4pm window games. 

glad we won.

The post game show sucks, they just yell and scream and I didn’t hear one interview from the locker room or post game presser. Total garbage. 

Also if you heard someone yelling “MVP!!” Every time tress way punted the ball - that was me. 

T, great meeting you and your nice family.Yeah, pretty much concur what you said above. I left after we stopped them the last time, dropped mom off at New Carrollton, stopped by MGM briefly, another stop to fill my tank up, and was still at the bar at Glory Days in Lorton by 6 pm.

Agree that the sale probably had people's expectations too amped up, especially with Howell essentially making his first real start.

4 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Wait a minute...

Who did what, now ?

Please explain this scene, again.

Riggo was in a suite and they showed him on the big screen with the diesel horn effects. He opened his sportsjacket up, which featured a Skins logo in the lining.

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Wait a minute...

Who did what, now ?

Please explain this scene, again.

Harris flew a bunch of alumni in

at one point they put Riggo in the board and he did the “hey, yeah, good to see everyone” arm in the air cause it was the awkward moment he was on the board

and then he grabbed his jacket and opened it up with both hands to reveal a patch of the redskins helmet stitched into the inseam like the back of the inside pocket area

so we all cheered for riggo

and then we cheered for the Redskins’s 

also when they scored touchdowns everyone sang the original hail to the Redskins’s song. Obviously I only saw what was going on in my section. Based on what I saw I have no reason to believe the rest of the stadium was any different. 

the band, chearleaders, and drum line were awesome. 

I went to a lot of games. Different vibe. Best energy since the 2012 Dallas game for the title. It was different but it was just as awesome 

5 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

T, great meeting you and your nice family.Yeah, pretty much concur what you said above. I left after we stopped them the last time, dropped mom off at New Carrollton, stopped by MGM briefly, another stop to fill my tank up, and was still at the bar at Glory Days in Lorton by 6 pm

im so glad you swung over to say hi :cheers:

im such a sucker and want season tickets again now. Was legit just fun to be there 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Sorry, girl analysis here: 

This was a game we would have lost in the past.   

Crowd wouldn't have cared, everybody would be drunk and pissed off as usual.  

(Think about TODAY.) 

We had a reason to care, and we did.  They felt the crowd.   I believe we willed our team to win, and they did.  :1386:

(And if I'm just dumb and happy, so be it.)

I got goosebumps hearing that crowd on that big third down in the fourth quarter.  Just felt like there was no way the Cardinals were going to convert.  I believe the defense and special teams absolutely fed off the crowd to hit that special gear in the fourth quarter and win this game for us.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

@hail2skins 

I went back and watched the touchdowns

when they scored there wasn’t like a volume level change 

but there was a decent one when we scored or had a big stop at the end

honestly it’s hard to decide cause it was a ~90k stadium and now it’s a 64k stadium 

The 2012 stuff was nuts though 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Not many specific songs, outside variation of Welcome to DC by Mambo Sauce...but pretty much everytime the dance crew or marching band played music it had that GoGo drum rhythm to it, sort like when you pass someone listening to Spanish music because it's that familiar bass rhythm shaking your mirrors. You know it when you hear...

It's wild but that's what I wanted Chris Russell to do in his segment. I didn't call in and nobody said it but I'm glad they did it . It just makes too much sense and it's DC and it's good music

• Thumb up 1

Tress Way's punts today were incredible.  Never really thought about a punter being a game changing player, but kicking those things 60 yards when we needed to flip the field... clutch.  And the coverage was amazing.  They hung in the air for ten years and by the time they came down, four or five white jerseys with a clear path to the return man.  If our long snapper can get his **** together then our special teams have a chance to be a real strength.

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Tress Way's punts today were incredible.  Never really thought about a punter being a game changing player, but kicking those things 60 yards when we needed to flip the field... clutch.  And the coverage was amazing.  They hung in the air for ten years and by the time they came down, four or five white jerseys with a clear path to the return man.  If our long snapper can get his **** together then our special teams have a chance to be a real strength.

Tress is the way.

Good game overall even though it was the cards. Couple of thing to clean up but I put that on first game jitters. Howell looked decent, that int sucks but it's the nfl and those will happen on tipped passes. 

4 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

It's actually not a new feature to Sunday Ticket. I've watched 4 games at once, sometimes 8 games at once on ST for like a decade or more.

Weird I've had Sunday ticket for 25 years now and I've never seen that feature.

On YouTube it was just an option like all the other games, you can click on it then switch between the 4 games on your screen for sound.

I wish I had known about it before. 

Wait a minute, are you talking about having 4 different tv's going with 4 different games?

Edited by redskinss

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

Weird I've had Sunday ticket for 25 years now and I've never seen that feature.

On YouTube it was just an option like all the other games, you can click on it then switch between the 4 games on your screen for sound.

I wish I had known about it before. 

Wait a minute, are you talking about having 4 different tv's going with 4 different games?

Nah, it was just one tv. Directv had two mix channels. One was 8 games at the same time and the other was 4 games at the same time. I switched to youtube tv because they took over the Sunday Ticket and I will say one thing. It's cool how they give you a plethora of options for which 4 games you want on the mix. Dtv only gave one choice for the 8 game mix and one choice for the 4 game mix. Ytv had several sets of 4 game mixes to choose from. I like the mix screens because they help me to follow my fantasy players better.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Its so annoying he's legitimately bad against the other 30 teams in the league but against us the dude is Steve Young 2.0. 

Dallas seemed like they built that defense specifically to address the mobile QB's in their own division.  Hope we watch that film a bunch before we play the Giants.

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Its so annoying he's legitimately bad against the other 30 teams in the league but against us the dude is Steve Young 2.0. 

In his 7 tries against us, its more about us not being that good. In fact, in games against us where you could call him Steve Young 2.0, he is 1-1-1 and our biggest beat down at the hands of a Jones-led Giants was a day he was well below par for an NFL QB.

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Dallas seemed like they built that defense specifically to address the mobile QB's in their own division.  Hope we watch that film a bunch before we play the Giants.

Dallas owns Daniel Jones the way Daniel Jones owns us.   They've beaten the Giants 12 out of the last 13 times, which is insane for any division matchup.  Agree, take some plays out of Dallas playbook to thwart Daniel Jones.

• Thumb up 1