Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Commanders vs. Cardinals - No mercy for the helpless red birds!

zCommander

My takeaways:

This DL is ELITE and it showed today. They took over 3 drives alone. Forced turnovers and were just incredible all around. 

The OL caught flak in this thread. But they pass protected well. They opened holes in the run game that were not seen by the RB's

Howell is a work in progress and will be all season. He is FAR more dangerous with his legs than I thought he was. He shows great pocket awareness at times. But at other times he did not help the OL at all.  His TD run was a thing of beauty. MUST learn to protect the ball when scrambling. 

Our kickers, both of them are amazing. Slye has really matured here. And Way is the best punter in the world. 

I am so glad to have Crowder back here as a PR. He is a threat in that job. And probably earned a year long job here today. 

the TE position is a clown show. Thomas is done. And Bates cannot play without holding. Weakest part of our team IMO. 

Davis still struggles at times at LB. But we all expected that. 

Pretty much all I have this week. Regardless of what happens this season we have won our own Super Bowl because Snyder is gone. Enjoyed the thread today with you all. HTTC

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Kudos to Sam today.  He accounted for both TDs.  One on the ground and one through the air.  If it wasn't for the OL and Gibson's fumble, the score would've been a lot better

turnovers we’re the only reason this game was close. The cardinals did nothing offensively. 

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 2

7 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Nice win for Howell and Washington.

I feel this how the season (at least early) will be.

Stout defense and a hot and cold offense.

We have to remember this is only Howell's second start and his FIRST start in EB's offense.

I think it'll get better as the season goes on.

Hail to the victory. :815:

Our O-Line is going  to get Sam killed against better teams.  Damn Rivera to hell for the malpractice and dereliction of duty for the Oline.  

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Eagles first drive is run, run, run. 2 QB runs, two passes. So much better than leaning on Sam so hard to start.

Turner would have called a better game.

Sams tough, but damn man. That's a lot of hits.

So just like the guy around here who has the schtick of constantly harping on Ron, your schtick has turned into the same with EB...fun times.

• Thumb up 2

Good game.  Way to get the Dub. A few observations:

Howell does not get deep enough on drop-backs which makes it easier to sack him. 

3 step drops require better timing and better Tackle blocking. Howell has to get rid of the ball or run when the first option is covered instead of taking sacks.

Front 4 is nasty. Created pressure and TFL in key spots all game. Chase will make them better when he's healthy.

Gibson is not an effective 1st down back.

EB called a good game. Team would have scored 30-plus without the turnovers.  Got Samuel involved which was great!

Forbes is gonna be a problem for opposing offenses.

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Nah, you pin them down and guarantee the win.  Too much can happen with a field goal, especially with Cheesman snapping.

Look, you get a new long snapper every 12 years or so and you deal with it. That's how it works I think. 

Maybe he should dye his hair.

6 minutes ago, Redd said:

Well😬, a lot uglier than expected. This is arguably the worst team in the nfl and we barely won. Offensive line needs to get it together. Call who they’re going to block.

Howell, no need to take nasty hits running to the sideline like that. You won’t last long at the pro level taking those kinds of hits.

He was out of bounds...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark Acre said:

It is so sad what has become of the fanbase.  Sigh.  My time has passed me by.  

It has nothing to do with old time football. It has to do with smart football to win. 

Kicking a FG in that circumstance is flat out the wrong thing to do. Easier to block a FG. If you miss you give them the ball there with almost no time run off the clock. I would prefer a kneel down before a FG, at least no block and you could run around a bit to run some time off. 

Punt was the best option. Probowl punter and you pin them down and run a few seconds off. As it turns out they don;t even get a play. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Captain James said:

So just like the guy around here who has the schtick of constantly harping on Ron, your schtick has turned into the same with EB...fun times.

That happened day one of that hire. 

I was a Ron fan until this offseason, but go on with your schtick bull****. Slap your clown shoes around as usual.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1