Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Commanders vs. Cardinals - No mercy for the helpless red birds!

zCommander

13 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Belichick saying hold on a moment. The Eagles are feeling his defense right now. Hurts getting pummelled. 

By the way we are in first place in the division regardless of what happens the rest of the weekend. 

I would also add the NE OL with 2 rookie guards is handling the PHL DL. Without the PHL pick 6 they're losing right now...

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Logan Thomas's first half drops and Gibson's fumble totally derailed what could have been a very good first offensive performance.

Sam had ups and downs as we should expect but his playmakers should've come through more than they did which would have settled Sam down and helped out his stat line.

The first week is always wonky. The team didn't look great but I believe they can + will improve in the coming weeks.

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I think a lot of the “blowout or bust” chatter going into this game was just setting people up to feel disappointed.

This is true.

I expected a very convincing win.  It was there to be had too.  But Gibsons fumble in the RZ made things unravel.  Our defense dropped some picks.  It could and should have been way worse but turnovers gave the Cards life and they decided not to roll over.

• Like 1

As I suspected Logan was a BIG part of our game plan. 9 targets to lead the team and I think a 10th / REC was wiped out by a bogus downfield pick.

Howell was rattled after his INT and it was easy to see. After that it seemed like EB reverted to Ron's playbook.   My lock bet of the week 22 Rush yards over for Howell was a mega fail. 

I didn't see enough blitzing WRT to Arizona's no name QBs.  After the turnover we got the ball in FG range and ran up the gut 3 times. You gotta take a shot at the endzone and not worry about milking the clock.

Stadium was alive. Lots of Redskins chants ZERO commanders cheers. Major Tuddy was basically MIA. F Dan cheers didnt make it out of 453.

I am STUNNED they showed almost every replay. 

WE ARE BACK

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

As much as I hammered Ron's off season among others here for a lack of urgency to it and failures IMO to do much to upgrade the O line -- i still didn't expect them to struggle against the Cards who were one of the worst teams last year at generating sacks. 

Hopefully they "gel" and Logan Paulsen is proven correct that their chemistry-friendship-bonds of the offensive line unit transcend the individual talent.  It didn't certainly look that way today.  But obviously there are many miles to go.  

Overall I thought the emphasis for the pass over the run was over the top.  At some point if I recall it was 4-1 pass to run ratio.  I like that Bieineimy has that type of faith in Howell but he's not Dan Marino yet -- this isn't the Mike Martz Rams teams.  I'd make it easier for Sam in future games with much more balance.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 4

We played like garbage on both sides of the ball, but I don’t care cause that’s not what this day was about. 

enjoyed seeing some old faces today. Enjoyed being at a game again. Enjoyed that it’s been 6 years and I still know how to navigate fedex like a champ. There in 1h15m, home in 1h15m before halftime of the 4pm window games. 

glad we won.

The post game show sucks, they just yell and scream and I didn’t hear one interview from the locker room or post game presser. Total garbage. 

Also if you heard someone yelling “MVP!!” Every time tress way punted the ball - that was me. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

The post game show sucks, they just yell and scream and I didn’t hear one interview from the locker room or post game presser. Total garbage. 

It really was bad wasn't it? That audio was way too hot to say the very least. Seemed like a mess maybe some production staff left with what's her name? 

• Sad 1

Just now, XxSpearheadxX said:

It really was bad wasn't it? That audio was way too hot to say the very least. Seemed like a mess maybe some production staff left with what's her name? 

It was two dudes (one was Walker) acting mad that the team wasn’t significantly better

howells essentially a rookie and EB just got here and it’s otherwise the same team

it was like they thought Harris buying the team a month ago was a magic wand and we should be super bowl Contenders 

newsflash:

THE TEAM SOLD CAUSE THE ORG IS A DUMPSTER FIRE

wake up. Enjoy some alumni at home and happy to be there in the first time in forever. A packed stadium full of redskins fans literally there to celebrate new ownership.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

When they showed Riggo on the big screen up in the booth?

I was hoping when he pulled open his shirt that he was wearing a **** Dan Snyder shift. All we got was a lousy nipple.

He had the Redskins’s logo stitched on the inseam on both sides 

That was the delayed cheering. First it was riggo. 

then he opened the jacket 

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, tshile said:

It was two dudes (one was Walker) acting mad that the team wasn’t significantly better

howells essentially a rookie and EB just got here and it’s otherwise the same team

it was like they thought Harris buying the team a month ago was a magic wand and we should be super bowl Contenders 

newsflash:

THE TEAM SOLD CAUSE THE ORG IS A DUMPSTER FIRE

wake up. Enjoy some alumni at home and happy to be there in the first time in forever. A packed stadium full of redskins fans literally there to celebrate new ownership.

ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON.  OUR FANS, IN OUR STADIUM, HAPPY FOR A CHANGE!!!

That's what I've been tryin' to say.  I've seen better from the team, but I've seen a whole lot worse. 

WE ****ING WON!!!  Where are the days when we were happy about it? 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

What did they play?

Not many specific songs, outside variation of Welcome to DC by Mambo Sauce...but pretty much everytime the dance crew or marching band played music it had that GoGo drum rhythm to it, sort like when you pass someone listening to Spanish music because it's that familiar bass rhythm shaking your mirrors. You know it when you hear...

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1