Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome New Owner Josh Harris

Dan T.

1 minute ago, Chachie said:

Note to Josh:

We the fans are serious about our football and we don't take kindly to our owner yucking it up and chugging a Solo cup while being blown TF out. You won't find Jerry Jones grinning like a fool during a blowout loss. Come to think of it, it's a pretty darn rare occasion that Jerry's Cowboys ever get blown out.

Read the room. 

This isn't his mess.

• Like 1

Note to Josh:

We the fans are serious about our football and we don't take kindly to our owner yucking it up and chugging a Solo cup while being blown TF out. You won't find Jerry Jones grinning like a fool during a blowout loss. Come to think of it, it's a pretty darn rare occasion that Jerry's Cowboys ever get blown out.

Read the room. 

I sort of agree. I absolutely think that Josh Harris will be in the long term more beneficial for this franchise than Snyder was. Its grating to hear the accounts of how cheap Snyder became with basic things like facilities, which are important to attract players, and I believe Josh will correct that.

That said, I know we can say "screw Howard Eskin," but I don't like any visual that gives any oxygen to Howard's narrative that Josh isn't fully invested in the success of the team. The  optics from the box last night were not a good look in that regard.

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1

I don't think Josh moves on from Ron in season unless he has too, like a Ron losing the team situation.

I'd also think that Josh is at least putting out feelers as to what he wants to do next, kinda like how Riv was getting lined up to be hired well before the job was available.

For all we know he already has a shortlist.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

You don't spend $6 Billion because you don't care. I don't need him acting like a child in the box.

Define "acting like a child." Nobody is implying that Harris should be shown screaming at people.

But looking at least stoic as your team is getting its ass handed to it on national TV would've looked a bit better than laughing and playing on your phone.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You don't spend $6 Billion because you don't care. I don't need him acting like a child in the box.

Am I misunderstanding that? What's childish about concern? I thought he looked childish last night. 

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

Define "acting like a child." Nobody is implying that Harris should be shown screaming at people.

But looking at least stoic as your team is getting its ass handed to it on national TV would've looked a bit better than laughing and playing on your phone.

Bingo. He looked pretty immature last night. Kinda like this...

image.thumb.jpeg.083b4c54587a3bb92f38b05c62b2e12a.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

Am I misunderstanding that? What's childish about concern? I thought he looked childish last night. 

It was a momentary camera view where he was laughing as he talked to someone, from what I saw. Did they ever pan to him when something bad was happening?

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ron seems to think so.  He got annoyed last week that some were making a big deal that it was his 4th year and his season is looked at under that lense.

He has to see how bad all this looks;

Losing at home, in primetime, national audience to a 0-4 team, that hasn't won since Oct 2022, 0-14 coming in, lot of injuries, Bears players getting injured during the game and still able to embarrass this team. 

That's just last nights showing.

Either he has a great poker face or he truly thinks he should have more time.

I actually think he knows this is all pretty damning but he is conditioned not to show it in public. Evidence every press conference "we have to look at the tape" there really is no other statement he can give that would save face. I think he understands he is all done for but the firing. I think he may actually be grateful to get out.

Harris should have been winging pint sized vanilla ice cream bowls into the coach's booth and phoning Ron directly to chew him out on the sideline in real time! He has to care!

C'mon yall, Josh is not responsible for anything on the playing field this year. He did not get the team soon enough to have a personnel or coaching impact. I don't mind him enjoying himself at a game, especially one he had no part in. Dinging him for such is nit-picky. If he does something worth bagging on, sure, but not this.

On a related note... Everyone wants to get on his case in interviews about him being drunk. Maybe Josh was just totally smashed outta his mind last night? lol

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, profusion said:

It was a momentary camera view where he was laughing as he talked to someone, from what I saw. Did they ever pan to him when something bad was happening?

I'd say that's a fair point. Josh shouldn't be expected to be pissy about the game to the point of being rude to guests in the suite either. I think it was really just a case of bad optics, because of the way the game was going. I just dislike how people like Eskin are going to play those up and say "see! and just wait until he jacks up your ticket prices after another 8-9 season!"

5 minutes ago, profusion said:

They did pan to him repeatedly throughout the night. He was never watching the game and he was always laughing.

When something bad was happening? You just asked me about "when something bad was happening?"  🙂

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

On a related note... Everyone wants to get on his case in interviews about him being drunk. Maybe Josh was just totally smashed outta his mind last night? lol

He does have a "I'm drunk" kind of face and speech pattern.  He either is or totally incoherent when he is drunk.

Good to know it didn't stop him from becoming wealthy.

Edited by Leonard Washington

41 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ron seems to think so.  He got annoyed last week that some were making a big deal that it was his 4th year and his season is looked at under that lense.

I remember and that’s where my joke (laughing not to cry) comes from. 

I don’t think I have ever disliked a coach this much. But this is also the only time I didn’t have Snyder to fall back on so I’m not sure if it’s a healthy level of disdain or if this some dark sign of my obsession. 

IM SO LOST!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I remember and that’s where my joke (laughing not to cry) comes from. 

I don’t think I have ever disliked a coach this much. But this is also the only time I didn’t have Snyder to fall back on so I’m not sure if it’s a healthy level of disdain or if this some dark sign of my obsession. 

IM SO LOST!

lol, I figured.   I think Ron is a good dude.  But he's given so much power he comes off drunk and entitled with that power so he's come off obnoxious in that context.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2023 at 12:40 PM, hail2skins said:

Eh. I don’t care.  He knows the deal.  He probably knows what he needs to do.  He’s hanging out and just letting it all happen.  

Him being irate in a box is not helpful.  Or stoic.  Or anything.  

He is almost certainly isn’t going to do anything in season.  Since he isn’t, he can just sit back and relax and consume information.  

Magic spoke for the ownership group with his tweet.  That’s all we need know. They know.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Josh comes off a bit clownish to me, it's time to move past the honeymoon period and get serious.  He's too damn giddy for a guy who paid $6 billion for a team on the brink of disaster.  Magic's response was what I want to hear from ownership while Josh is still on cloud 9 celebrating the purchase of his new toy.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 3

I have no problem with Harris in the box Thursday night. He has a plan. He pursued and bought the team with a plan. The advisors have advised, and the cause & effect dynamics are clear. The cause of what was taking place on the field Thursday will be replaced soon enough.

I have more problem with RR just standing there, emotionless, while an 0-4 team (winless in its last 14 games) comes to our house and kicks absolute hinepots. No, I don't believe in histrionics for the sake of histrionics, all that rah rah sis boom bah stuff. But damn. The "no intensity or fire" part of Magic's tweet was purposeful.

• Like 2