Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A new new start! All things Josh Harris and new ownership group.

MartinC

11 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Jim Irsay is rapidly replacing Snyder as worst owner in the league.

Poor Colts fans.

But lucky us!

Irsay is a hero. Hell always have a warm, fuzzy spot in my heart. And you’re damn right

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, profusion said:

Irsay is the classic second-generation business owner who is comically unsuited to run the company he inherited. 

Like Dad, Like Son, Dad takes team out of Baltimore in Mayflower moving vans under the cover of Dark. Takes name with them too.  Son? To be determined.  Glad Wash. fans/employees... Ran Dan out of town on this subject of these owners. No.1 spot worst owner retained for Team Irsay. 

On 7/29/2023 at 8:40 PM, KDawg said:

Though, the fact they haven’t launched Tuddy into orbit is a strike :ols:

You leave Tuddy alone!

Actually, the kids seem to like Tuddy.  And Tuddy is for the kids.  

I don’t care one way another about mascots.  They’re all dumb but meant for kids who love them.  Except for the National’s Presidents.  They’re awesome.  

Yeah I'm torn on Irsay.  I could not stand him before his Snyder comment, then it was hard not to endear him.  Now he is back to being a clown and Snyder is gone so I'll go ahead and laugh at him again. 

As for the earlier post I am extremely excited to learn that analytics will now be a foundation for roster building. I can't wait to learn that we will soon have a robust scouting department instead of the cost cutting measures they had before.  Snyder desperately wanted to win and spent a ton on free agents, but he could not figure out that saving money on scouting is not a solid plan. What an idiot.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Thumb up 1

Josh Harris, if I recall correctly, is the one who fumbled keeping Jimmy Butler on the Sixers. "Tobias Harris over me!" 

That team would have been better off, even though Embiid is a choker, with keeping Butler to lend it some tenacity and leadership. Big mistake.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

Josh Harris, if I recall correctly, is the one who fumbled keeping Jimmy Butler on the Sixers. "Tobias Harris over me!" 

That team would have been better off, even though Embiid is a choker, with keeping Butler to lend it some tenacity and leadership. Big mistake.

I think that was a management decision. Harris just hires the people and writes the checks.

• Like 6

I like that for the past couple of day's, we haven't heard much from Josh Harris. He's not out there running his mouth like Jerruh Jones and Jim Irsay. I have no doubt he's been busy behind the scene and that's the way it should be. Let the football people do what they need to do and work on what's needed to give the team what they need. That's the sign of a good owner.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I like that for the past couple of day's, we haven't heard much from Josh Harris. He's not out there running his mouth like Jerruh Jones and Jim Irsay. I have no doubt he's been busy behind the scene and that's the way it should be. Let the football people do what they need to do and work on what's needed to give the team what they need. That's the sign of a good owner.

I mean he's been the owner for like an hour and a half "lolol" but yeah I get what you're saying.

The best owner is the one you never see or hear from. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, RVAskins said:

There are a number of lousy owners in the NFL. I'm glad we're finally off that list.

Yeah, the Bengals owner as well. He's known as a cheapskate. I wonder if the reason we're still not hearing about Burrow being given the largest contract in the NFL yet is because he's trying to find a way to cheap out on it. It'll be interesting as well when their WR's all want to get paid soon as well. 

3 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Yeah, the Bengals owner as well. He's known as a cheapskate. I wonder if the reason we're still not hearing about Burrow being given the largest contract in the NFL yet is because he's trying to find a way to cheap out on it. It'll be interesting as well when their WR's all want to get paid soon as well. 

They've actually been much more aggressive with spending in recent years. I think his kids have taken over and are doing a much better job.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

46 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Bengals aren’t rich. They’ve been better since I think his daughter did more but it doesn’t stop the fact Mike Brown doesn’t have the money like other owners.

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Bengals aren’t rich. They’ve been better since I think his daughter did more but it doesn’t stop the fact Mike Brown doesn’t have the money like other owners.

The NFL CBA, Revenue Sharing and salary cap mean every team has basically the same playing field.

Everybody seemed to ignore the fact when they were swearing Snyder had such big money problems he couldn't pay a hotdog vendor the Green Bay Packers, who have NO owner (publicly owned) managed to give Aaron Rodgers the most lucrative deal in the NFL. Gate revenue is shared, so even the fact they sell out Lambeau doesn't fully explain it.  

They do get more money from a variety of places, but the Packers are a publicly owned, small market team.  

If the Brown family wanted to spend money on players they could.  They have chosen not to.  That's a CHOICE they are making.  And unlike Snyder who did have a lot of debt, the Browns would not, since they are the original owners of the Bengals.  

Any NFL team CAN do whatever they want to do as far as player personnel goes.  It's always a choice whether they WANT to or don't.   

• Like 3