Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A new new start! All things Josh Harris and new ownership group.

MartinC

43 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Any reporting from beat reporters or insiders around the relationship between Harris/the ownership group & Rivera/the football ops leadership?

As much as Harris seems like an all around great guy I would be shocked if this organization tolerates loose lips. Dudes a billionaire for a reason, nice guy or not I forsee a functional, organized and methodical process which would include everyone buying in and not letting things slip until we'll vetted. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MrJL said:

I felt like I was responding to someone else's comment so why am I the person singled out?  I mean I did quote the person in my post

?? The refs always flag the player who retaliates, everyone knows that! Keep your head on a swivel, son 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

“Certainly, I think a lot of people who are great businesspeople, or are great at something else, come in to owning sports teams, they believe just because they’re smart and they’re knowledgeable fans that they can start making player decisions, and they make mistakes,”

I love that part.

Take that Dan!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Any reporting from beat reporters or insiders around the relationship between Harris/the ownership group & Rivera/the football ops leadership?

Harris said in one of the interviews posted here that as of last Wednesday he had very limited contact with anyone but Wright, essentially. That included Rivera and Hurney, not much contact at all to that point. He said he hadn’t met Mayhew yet, or any players. 

I’m sure that has already begun to change but I doubt we hear much about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Relationship?  He's just became owner on Thursday.  He couldn't do anything until he became owner.

I'm sure he will have conservations at some point, if he hasn't already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Harris I think said in the SI article the he just met Rivera and looks forward to becoming more familiar. Said he hadn't met any players I guess until the home presser. Football ops? Imagine it's only since last Friday he's met anyone there. 

41 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Harris I think said in the SI article the he just met Rivera and looks forward to becoming more familiar. Said he hadn't met any players I guess until the home presser. Football ops? Imagine it's only since last Friday he's met anyone there. 

I heard he's already got the Bowling Night set up for him and Sam Howell. 

• Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Not that it really matters at this point, but I seem to recall Rivera saying something in an interview (some weeks back) about wishing he’d articulated better - to the (then prospective) new owners - how he was setting the team up for the future…  Anyone else remember that?

14 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Not that it really matters at this point, but I seem to recall Rivera saying something in an interview (some weeks back) about wishing he’d articulated better - to the (then prospective) new owners - how he was setting the team up for the future…  Anyone else remember that?

I believe they call that "dead man walking."

15 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

He said that in reference to his final year with Tepper in CAR, not new owners here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Big step up from Danny Snyder who literally didn't even have an email address

That was probably less about being technologically impaired than it was about being a criminal.

When shady people want to do shady **** they don't want things like emails hanging around to incriminate them.

The investigation into the teams financial dealings probably would have turned up even more criminal behavior had he had an email address.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, redskinss said:

When shady people want to do shady **** they don't want things like emails hanging around to incriminate them.

I bet he used burner phones too. This is starting to sound like a John Grisham novel.

• Like 1

It's funny to joke about Doofus Dan and his lack of an email address but I seriously doubt that it's true. He probably just doesn't give it to anyone besides his wife, and his horde of lawyers, dudes like Bruce Allen in the past, etc. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

As much as Harris seems like an all around great guy I would be shocked if this organization tolerates loose lips. Dudes a billionaire for a reason, nice guy or not I forsee a functional, organized and methodical process which would include everyone buying in and not letting things slip until we'll vetted. 

Dan was a billionaire too. 

I work for a company that is owned by Apollo Global and even though Harris isn't hands on with our organization, I can say that they run a tight ship. Very well organized, smart people, and frankly, a very empathetic management style. I expect nothing less than a well run front office.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Dan was a billionaire too. 

I work for a company that is owned by Apollo Global and even though Harris isn't hands on with our organization, I can say that they run a tight ship. Very well organized, smart people, and frankly, a very empathetic management style. I expect nothing less than a well run front office.

To connect a couple of threads here didn't Apollo Global buy what is left of AOL from Verizon a couple of years back?? Maybe that how Harris got Snyder's email address 🙂

4 hours ago, MartinC said:

To connect a couple of threads here didn't Apollo Global buy what is left of AOL from Verizon a couple of years back?? Maybe that how Harris got Snyder's email address 🙂

Yep. I've worked there since 2004, but the business is now owned privately by Apollo, is called Yahoo, and is a conglomeration of the legacy AOL and Yahoo brands. I live in Colorado now, but the legacy AOL office that I visit occasionally in Ashburn, is across the street from Commanders Park. Lots of dots..

Edited by Stadium-Armory
  • Like 1