Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A new new start! All things Josh Harris and new ownership group.

MartinC

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think our biggest holes will be Oline and LBer this year and the draft looks ripe at those spots next year.

If Sam can show promise, we could finish putting the team around him and still invest in a QB or two outside of the first.

I think our roster is good enough to be elite pretty soon, without too much work.

They will first need to determine the coaching.

Then move to the pending FA's which include about every DE we have, Curl, Fuller and Reaves in the DB and offensively will probably spell the end of Antonio Gibson and Curtis Samuel.

At QB Brissett will also be a FA so I do agree a young QB might be the wish, or do they bring a Brissett or higher end QB in.

Then I agree the OL should be the highest priority.

LB can't be far behind because Hudson and Barton are FA's.

I'd look to them bringing in another TE and probably letting Thomas go.

Lots of talent but lots of FA's and already known holes for the coming year. I am thrilled it will be a Dan free zone and should be enjoyable to watch Harris in his first official off season of moves.

2 hours ago, DWinzit said:

They will first need to determine the coaching.

Then move to the pending FA's which include about every DE we have, Curl, Fuller and Reaves in the DB and offensively will probably spell the end of Antonio Gibson and Curtis Samuel.

At QB Brissett will also be a FA so I do agree a young QB might be the wish, or do they bring a Brissett or higher end QB in.

Then I agree the OL should be the highest priority.

LB can't be far behind because Hudson and Barton are FA's.

I'd look to them bringing in another TE and probably letting Thomas go.

Lots of talent but lots of FA's and already known holes for the coming year. I am thrilled it will be a Dan free zone and should be enjoyable to watch Harris in his first official off season of moves.

Oh yeah, New GM is first. I'm hoping from someone from the Eagles because Harris has a relationship with Banner/Howie.

Next, you need all new coaches. I'm hoping Ben or Brian Johnson for HC and Staley for DC.

FAs, if Chase looks good and our season is not going well, I'd love to trade Chase for a 1/2. Sweat is a must resign, as is Curl (depending on what he wants. I think Quan is his insurance.

Would love to see Toohill and Ridgeway come on big this year.

I was poking around mocks last year (yeah, I know it's hella early) that had us taking a TE in the first (which I doubt we'll need or do) and Trotter jr in the second.

If we're going to run a 5-1-5 the 1 needs to be a real stud.

Next offseason is going to be the most exciting that we've had in 3 decades.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Next offseason is going to be the most exciting that we've had in 3 decades.

Putting the Cart BEFORE the Horse

In order for all of this to happen, the first thing that has to happen is THIS team has to fail in some way shape or form.  What that looks like, not sure. 

I DO think there's going to be a new GM.  I'm not sure about new HC.  I think so.  But I'm not sure.  

There is absolutely a world where Ron is extended with a new contract, which includes changing the power structure to bring in a new GM/FO staff and remove personnel power.  

Do I think that's going to happen?  Eh, not sure. I wouldn't bet on it.  And if offered, I'm not sure he would even take it.  But if this team wins 10 games and makes the playoffs, I'm not sure Harris can fire Ron.  Honestly, that would look like a VERY Dan Snyder thing to do at that point.  When he fired Marty after and 8-8 season, and finishing 8-3, only to hire "the next big thing" in Steve Spurrier.  Josh would be starting down the Snyder path early.  And I think he's cognizant of that.  

Clearly if the team misses the playoffs, there is no chance Ron is extended.  

But unless you have a DeLorean time machine in your garage, there's also no way to know what's going to happen.

I posted this in some thread earlier in some random rant about Warren Sharp: I went back and looked at all the Vegas odds from 2022 vs. what actually happened.  They were no better at picking who was going to be good than a random 5 year old just picking which color uniforms they liked better.  To bury the team before even a preseason game is played is foolish.  There is absolutely the possibility the team could win 10 games and make the playoffs.  Currently, that wouldn't be the favorite probability, but it's also not an insignificant probability.  

I do like your idea of getting somebody from Philly's front office.  But we just need to wait to see how it plays out.  

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Putting the Cart BEFORE the Horse

In order for all of this to happen, the first thing that has to happen is THIS team has to fail in some way shape or form.  What that looks like, not sure. 

I DO think there's going to be a new GM.  I'm not sure about new HC.  I think so.  But I'm not sure.  

There is absolutely a world where Ron is extended with a new contract, which includes changing the power structure to bring in a new GM/FO staff and remove personnel power.  

Do I think that's going to happen?  Eh, not sure. I wouldn't bet on it.  And if offered, I'm not sure he would even take it.  But if this team wins 10 games and makes the playoffs, I'm not sure Harris can fire Ron.  Honestly, that would look like a VERY Dan Snyder thing to do at that point.  When he fired Marty after and 8-8 season, and finishing 8-3, only to hire "the next big thing" in Steve Spurrier.  Josh would be starting down the Snyder path early.  And I think he's cognizant of that.  

Clearly if the team misses the playoffs, there is no chance Ron is extended.  

But unless you have a DeLorean time machine in your garage, there's also no way to know what's going to happen.

I posted this in some thread earlier in some random rant about Warren Sharp: I went back and looked at all the Vegas odds from 2022 vs. what actually happened.  They were no better at picking who was going to be good than a random 5 year old just picking which color uniforms they liked better.  To bury the team before even a preseason game is played is foolish.  There is absolutely the possibility the team could win 10 games and make the playoffs.  Currently, that wouldn't be the favorite probability, but it's also not an insignificant probability.  

I do like your idea of getting somebody from Philly's front office.  But we just need to wait to see how it plays out.  

Bull****. I can speculate the living **** out of our future offseason and I'm excited. 

Harris WILL hire a GM. That GM WILL clean house. That GM will build our roster correctly and be aggressive. 

Unless you think Harris is going to act completely different than he has with his previous 3 franchises.

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Bull****. I can speculate the living **** out of our future offseason and I'm excited. 

Harris WILL hire a GM. That GM WILL clean house. That GM will build our roster correctly and be aggressive. 

Unless you think Harris is going to act completely different than he has with his previous 3 franchises.

I don't think Harris will fire Ron after a playoff season.  Not reach an agreement on an extension to change the power structure and part ways? I can see that.  

But if they make the playoffs, which is a HUGE if, I don't think Josh will fire a guy who, with whatever record he might have had, made the playoffs in 2 of 4 years.  

I also don't think Harris walked into the same situation elsewhere, again, IF they perform well. You don't just go completely upset the apple cart if the team has a good season as a new owner. 

If they don't perform well, then yes, I think the whole lot of them will be swept out.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't think Harris will fire Ron after a playoff season.  Not reach an agreement on an extension to change the power structure and part ways? I can see that.  

But if they make the playoffs, which is a HUGE if, I don't think Josh will fire a guy who, with whatever record he might have had, made the playoffs in 2 of 4 years.  

I also don't think Harris walked into the same situation elsewhere, again, IF they perform well. You don't just go completely upset the apple cart if the team has a good season as a new owner. 

If they don't perform well, then yes, I think the whole lot of them will be swept out.  

Harris won't. His GM will. Regardless of the seasons outcome.

I found this unrelated to our conversation interesting. 

Most players arrested since 2000.

FB_IMG_1691609693644.jpg

27 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Harris won't. His GM will. Regardless of the seasons outcome.

Nobody will.  And he can't hire a GM until he fires Rivera OR extends him.  Because that would be breach of contract with Rivera's current "head of football ops" contract.

I still think the most likely scenario is we will have a new GM and coach next year.  

But to assume it's going to happen is a bit premature.  

On 8/8/2023 at 11:40 AM, Warhead36 said:

Its a shame we won't be bad enough to tank for one of the stud QBs.

If they start 2-4 or something they should fire RR to keep him from performing his magic to get them to 7-10 or 8-9 and ensure the high draft pick. Do what the Colts did and bring in somebody like Jon Jansen to coach, lol. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Intriguing though I hate MetLife 

I was about to post yesterday about how quiet the ownership group has been since the initial frenzy, figuring though that there was probably a lot gong on behind the scenes I held off.

2 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

I was about to post yesterday about how quiet the ownership group has been since the initial frenzy, figuring though that there was probably a lot gong on behind the scenes I held off.

Something tells me that they already have a ton of stuff in place moving forward.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

It should be handled like I did my first divorce.

"Thank you for all you've done. I appreciate your efforts but now you need to go."

😁

first of many, I assume, based strictly on the fact nobody can understand 87% of what you post here. I can’t imagine real life being much different….

26 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

"And no, you don't deserve or get half" 

:ols:

I’m not sure that’s all that big of a deal….

:P

24 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

first of many, I assume, based strictly on the fact nobody can understand 87% of what you post here. I can’t imagine real life being much different….

Don't judge others by your many, significant limitations. 😁

• Haha 9