Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Emmanuel Forbes CB Mississippi State

zCommander

13 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

Standard Washington bs.  We draft these ballers, then make them fit their olaymaking abilities into the confines of a system.  A barbaric one at that.  We never alter coaching to maximize talent.  We’re not creative.  We’re not ready to compete with teams that do this and do it well.  Come on offseason

Been that way since we tried to turn Lavar into a read and react LB after he had great success as an aggressive attacker early in his career under Marty and Marvin Lewis.

That's what happens when you have dinosaur coaches. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Been that way since we tried to turn Lavar into a read and react LB after he had great success as an aggressive attacker early in his career under Marty and Marvin Lewis.

We didn't even let Lavar try to block kicks. Game winning FG attempts against, he'd be playing for the fake when they only needed 3. A fake that never happened. Not even allowed on extra points.

I don't think we ever saw the Lavar leap even attempted here.

Edited by RandyHolt

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Ok, hold on there buddy.  

Marvin Lewis forced Lavar to play in the scheme.  When he didn't, Lewis benched his sorry ass until he figured out he had to play in the scheme. 

And there was not a heck of a lot of read and react with Gregg William's defense.  Which Lavar should have thrived in, but failed miserably because he was a class A fool.  

Lavar couldn't get along with Gibbs.  That basically puts him on a list with ... well, absolutely nobody else.  

It wasn't until Greg Blache took over DC in 2008 in Zorn's first year when the defense went from aggressive to read-react.  He left after 2005 for NYG and then was out of the league the next year.

The guy has been the most disappointing player of my time as a fan.  Chase Young was trending in that direction, but might have gotten his head screwed on and his knee right just in time.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Us dumb non-football people looked at the Emmanuel Forbes pick and thought "Is he really a first round pick?  Can that body survive in the NFL?  Aren't there are 3 or 4 more highly rated cornerbacks ready to be taken at that slot?"

Maybe we weren't so dumb after all.

• Like 7

Just now, Dan T. said:

Us dumb non-football people looked at the Emmanuel Forbes pick and thought "Is he really a first round pick?  Can that body survive in the NFL?  Aren't there are 3 or 4 more highly rated cornerbacks ready to be taken at that slot?"

Maybe we weren't so dumb after all.

We weren’t.  

Forbes might be ok.  But size matters.  And he’s small.  That’s going to be a problem for him.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The guy has been the most disappointing player of my time as a fan.  Chase Young was trending in that direction, but might have gotten his head screwed on and his knee right just in time.  

Really? I'd easily put Heath Shuler, Josh Doctson, or Carlos Rogers before Lavar.

At least we owe him that legendary and clean tackle on Aikman.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

We didn't even let Lavar try to block kicks. Game winning FG attempts against, he'd be playing for the fake when they only needed 3. A fake that never happened. Not even allowed on extra points.

I don't think we ever saw the Lavar leap even attempted here.

There were definitely a few Lavar Leaps here.

5:48 against the Bucs.

2 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

Really? I'd easily put Heath Shuler, Josh Doctson, or Carlos Rogers before Lavar.

Desmond Howard?  We even traded up to get him.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

He had a very respectable career after he left DC.

I was actually glad he had a big SB game with Green Bay, so that kinda aliviated my dissapointment.

Not really.  He was a special teams player.  He rarely started a game and never caught more than 30 passes a year after leaving here.  Not all good for a 4th overall pick that somebody traded up to get.

4 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Not really.  He was a special teams player.  He rarely started a game and never caught more than 30 passes a year after leaving here.  Not all good for a 4th overall pick that somebody traded up to get.

Oh I agree, but he shined in that SB they won and just for that he should be commended.

57 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

Lavar was the #2 overall pick and had more talent that all those guys combined.  

He should have been our Ray Lewis.  He had that much talent.  

But he couldn't get over himself.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Lavar was the #2 overall pick and had more talent that all those guys combined.  

He should have been our Ray Lewis.  He had that much talent.  

But he couldn't get over himself.  

If that's the bar then it's easily rg3.

Arrington cost one first round pick not 3 plus and he made 3 pro bowls with 2 second team all pro's.

Rg3 got rookie of the year then fizzled out like an Alka seltzer blaming all his woes on coaching mishaps and a bum knee when he was never a good quarterback just a decent runner until his athleticism was gone.

Edit.

If you are simply talking squandered talent then ya I guess I can agree he probably wasted more talent than rg3 did because I don't believe rg3 was ever that talented to begin with.

Edited by redskinss

We'll see what he's made of. I know Slay mentioned his experience of being benched twice, but it looks as if Forbes will have minimal snaps the rest of the way.

If he's going to be a feather out there, then he needs to get sticky in coverage. Footwork needs to be elite. 

6 hours ago, Silvernon said:

We'll see what he's made of. I know Slay mentioned his experience of being benched twice, but it looks as if Forbes will have minimal snaps the rest of the way.

If he's going to be a feather out there, then he needs to get sticky in coverage. Footwork needs to be elite. 

Who said he was benched rest of the way? I doubt that. 

49 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Who said he was benched rest of the way? I doubt that. 

It’s probably going to end up happening.  We can’t keep trotting him out there and matching him up with #1 WR’s, if he’s outmatched and undersized.  He’s a neon green light right now for opposing O-Coordinators and QB’s.  He’s going to get benched eventually, it’s just a matter of when.  Our D-Coordinator is stupid, so he probably won’t bench him until it’s clearly obvious that he has to for the sake of competing and at the expense of this kid’s psyche.  What a horrific pick.  Ron and Jack “Dust Up” Del Rio should be banned for football crimes.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, samy316 said:

It’s probably going to end up happening.  We can’t keep trotting him out there and matching him up with #1 WR’s, if he’s outmatched and undersized.  He’s a neon green light right now for opposing O-Coordinators and QB’s.  He’s going to get benched eventually, it’s just a matter of when.  Our D-Coordinator is stupid, so he probably won’t bench him until it’s clearly obvious that he has to for the sake of competing and at the expense of this kid’s psyche.  What a horrific pick.  Ron and Jack “Dust Up” Del Rio should be banned for football crimes.

What interesting is Del Rio has run less two high cover shell these past two weeks and has used the safeties more to help against the run which has left Forbes 1 on 1 with no safety, which he has been burnt toast.   I don't think Atlanta is the team to bring Forbes back against because their run game is good and we probably will want to use the safeties to help against the run.  Which means if he is out there is likely won't have safety help a lot against the Falcons.   And teams put their receivers in motion and switch the side they line up on so other than following one receiver teh entire time its difficult to avoid one on one matchups against a team's number 1 receiver.

2 hours ago, philibusters said:

I don't think Atlanta is the team to bring Forbes back against because their run game is good and we probably will want to use the safeties to help against the run.  Which means if he is out there is likely won't have safety help a lot against the Falcons.   And teams put their receivers in motion and switch the side they line up on so other than following one receiver teh entire time its difficult to avoid one on one matchups against a team's number 1 receiver.

Beyond all that, they want to run and be physical where he’s likely a liability.

What's crazy to me is how many veteran CBs were speaking about Forbes positively before last week. Richard Sherman went out of his way to applaud Forbes on NFL Network. Aqib Talib does the same thing in another interview. And we all know how Fred Smoot felt. Those guys had me hyped about Forbes until AJ Brown took his lunch money and DJ Moore took his free lunch. I want to believe Forbes can still turn it around, but it's not looking great.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IrepDC said:

What's crazy to me is how many veteran CBs were speaking about Forbes positively before last week. Richard Sherman went out of his way to applaud Forbes on NFL Network. Aqib Talib does the same thing in another interview. And we all know how Fred Smoot felt. Those guys had me hyped about Forbes until AJ Brown took his lunch money and DJ Moore took his free lunch. I want to believe Forbes can still turn it around, but it's not looking great.

You get a mediocre team in a major media market and they are gonna push the most effective angle to draw attention.

1st round inflatable gumby CB getting torched on an island against the best WR available is it right now. Every CB that has stuck in the league is gonna feel bad for the guy. I kinda do as well. They would've found someone else to roast if he'd played better (more conservatively), but no other rookie is even playing. I think Wylie has been Shar Pourdanesh/ Tyler Polumbus level awful, but OL ineptitude just doesnt draw the clicks.

Hopefully, Forbes will stick as a decent nickel corner under whatever regime follows Ron's disaster.

Edited by SpacePenguin

7 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

I thought he was in prison for murdering a youth football coach.

That’s his brother. They’re both thugs… and I’m not using that word in the generic, racist sense. I’ve dealt with them personally. They are garbage human beings and wannabe gangsters.

Anyway, back on topic… Emmanuel Forbes. Little 8 pound 6 ounce Emmanuel Forbes.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 1