Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

33 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Apparently all his picks last year came in man coverage - that’s an interesting stat if true.

He played both.  But at least in the games I watched him, it was tough not to notice how far off he played on a number of plays and you could see his eyes were on the QB.  In the pros, wonder how easy it would be for him to play press-man. 

But I think his skills fits well with what this defense does.  I am assuming that among other things is the method to the madness. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

OK, never saw Prisco as a draft guru.  But I am not a "others love" him so enough said kind of guys about the draft.  But to each their own on that.   If its about "others saying", Gonzalez was much more hyped than Forbes -- many within the draft media had Gonzalez going top 10.  Never saw Forbes go top 10.  Not that i care about that stuff but if I did ;)

Point taken but ge was slated in many mocks to go around mid-late 1st to early 2nd.  Prisco is who he is and I like his evals.  This kid can be special.  His jump and anticipation is like that of a CB I've never seen in a long time.  Plus at his plays the game hard. I like the pick.  I was all in on Wright and thought we'd trade down but I am happy with Forbes.  I know Smooty talked Mayhem's and RR's ears off.  LOL.  I hope we jump back up into the late first and grab Harrison.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t care about who they drafted. 

He could be really good.  My issue is we keep ignoring the more important side of the ball.  And specify the OL. 

The last OL we picked in the first round was Scherff.  That was 2015.  Granted that wasn’t all Ron.  

But good god.  

I don't disagree.  But there's still plenty of draft to go.   

19 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Keep an eye on the late part of the 1st. I think Harrison or Dawond are targets.  We need a OT and Harrsion would be ideal in the later portion of the late 1st.  Buffalo or KC?

I'd love either one but I'd hate to see them do it.  Do go up that far, they likely are giving up next years #1, at best #2.

My guess is Gonzalez's medical didn't check out with us. Honestly if that's the reason I'm okay with it. We have such a poor track record when it comes to guys with injury history. 

And for what its worth the Pats have been a terrible drafting team in recent years.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

You know me so you know I watched his tape. He is a ball hawk. He can play. But with his size there is no chance I am passing on Gonzalez for him. NO CHANCE,

I had Murphy, Campbell and Branch as my BPAs there. Gonzo would have been next but the injury changes the equation.

JSN was my top O option left. Followed by Flowers, McBride, Harrison, Torrence, Mauch and Charlie Jones. 

Forbes probably slots in around CJones. Maybe a touch lower. But 100% because I’ve seen steaks that are thicker.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If you’re going to quote me. Quote me. Dont be lame :ols:

And what did I lose? We didn’t draft BPA. I think my argument stands. What do you think you’re proving? :ols:

Not being lame, just to lazy to quote you this late at night. Not only did we not draft BPA we drafted a round 2 CB at 16.  We couldnt even draft BPA at a needed postion. Your argument lacked all of your quoted requirements. 

Just now, tmandoug1 said:

Not being lame, just to lazy to quote you this late at night. Not only did we not draft BPA we drafted a round 2 CB at 16.  We couldnt even draft BPA at a needed postion. Your argument lacked all of your quoted requirements. 

Wait. What? :ols: