Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

1 minute ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

I laugh when I read all you all overreact over draft picks. Half of you all are always wrong, the other half try to follow the negativity bandwagon. What do I know? Nothing, like the rest of you all. Lol let’s just see how it plays out before you bust another nut. Or just keep complaining and pretend you’re a scout but sitting at a keyboard. Or on your phone on the couch lol. Relax guys, it’s April.

I tentatively agree with this. Mostly because NFL drafts are an absolute crapshoot and this FO has actually done pretty well in the drafts. I SHOULD trust them. I just wish we'd pay attention to the OL ... a little bit.

Now if we draft Bergeron at #47 and then somehow get a Stromberg at #97 I will totally change my tune lol

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 2

Just now, GOSKINS_08 said:

I laugh when I read all you all overreact over draft picks. Half of you all are always wrong, the other half try to follow the negativity bandwagon. What do I know? Nothing, like the rest of you all. Lol let’s just see how it plays out before you bust another nut. Or just keep complaining and pretend you’re a scout but sitting at a keyboard. Or on your phone on the couch lol. Relax guys, it’s April.

fat bastard yes sir GIF

😁

• Haha 4

Man, I'm not going to lie I was disappointed I wanted Christian Gonzalez like most of us. However, I don't evaluate players so what do I know lol, I will say Devonta Smith is skinny and he can play. Desean Jackson was small and skinny too, and I remember Dominique Rodgers Cromartie being skinny and he played pretty well.... time will tell.

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I tentatively agree with this. Mostly because NFL drafts are an absolute crapshoot and this FO has actually done pretty well in the drafts. I SHOULD trust them. I just wish we'd pay attention to the OL ... a little bit.

We did. In free agency. Guess they thought that was enough

16 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

God please no

He's better than Amerson IMO.  The one who gave me Amerson vibes would be J. Brents.  Tall-long but a feast and famine type of CB.

Forbes isn't feast or famine so much.  He gets beat at times like all corners do.    But IMO he's sticky -- hip to hip enough in coverage.  Amerson wasn't like that.

But I'd say Forbes strikes me big time zone corner ala Josh Norman.  Even though his PFF man grades are good.  Play off coverage, with the eyes on the QB.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

What?? The Culture in here is damn good!! 😂 😂 😂 

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I want to be clear about this: I don’t have a problem with the a tusk player and he could be really good.  And I don’t give a crap if Thor effing Nystrom says it’s a reach because he had him graded as the 22nd pick.  

I don’t give a damn about that crap

I am super pissed the ignored (again) the more important side of the ball. 

• Thumb up 1

Rivera's getting a lot of heat here, but he did draft defensive backs Curl and Forrest.  While those guys are safety and Forbes is a corner, maybe there's some correlation and crossover between evaluating the two positions for him.  He did also draft BSJ who's good when he's on the field. 

Dunno, I'm just spitballin here.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Okapi p4pi said:

Man, I'm not going to lie I was disappointed I wanted Christian Gonzalez like most of us. However, I don't evaluate players so what do I know lol, I will say Devonta Smith is skinny and he can play. Desean Jackson was small and skinny too, and I remember Dominique Rodgers Cromartie being skinny and he played pretty well.... time will tell.

Bob Sanders was about as big as a ****ing ****roach but was an amazing DB. Forbes has all the skill you could want in the position, just has to bulk up a bit. I know Rivera gets his detractors, but I am quite sure he and his team knows this and will ensure it happens.

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

CBSSports' Pete Prisco gave the Emmanuel Forbes selection an 'A.'

"I love this kid. He has good length, but he is lean at 170 pounds. Even so, he will throw his body around. But you draft him because he's an elite cover player who fills an immediate need. He is going to upgrade an already good defense."

13 mins ago

Prisco gave him an extra 4 pounds TO MAKE IT TO 170. Think about that.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's better than Amerson IMO.  The one who gave me Amerson vibes would be J. Brents.  Tall-long but a feast and famine type of CB.

Forbes isn't feast or famine so much.  He gets beat at times like all corners do.    But IMO he's sticky -- hip to hip enough in coverage.  Amerson wasn't like that.

But I'd say Forbes strikes me big time zone corner ala Joshn Norma.  Even though his PFF man grades are good.  Play off coverage, with the eyes on the QB.

Apparently all his picks last year came in man coverage - that’s an interesting stat if true.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

CBSSports' Pete Prisco gave the Emmanuel Forbes selection an 'A.'

"I love this kid. He has good length, but he is lean at 170 pounds. Even so, he will throw his body around. But you draft him because he's an elite cover player who fills an immediate need. He is going to upgrade an already good defense."

13 mins ago

Analyst caught wind this morning and Prisco loved the young man @Skinsinparadise .   I respect Prisco from CBS and many others loved him. 

Just now, GOSKINS_08 said:

Atleast I admit it, but you all wanna act like the smartest guys in the room(basement?) lol. Let’s just wait until August to **** Atleast. Dan is still selling 😂 

We don't have basements here in the caribbean. We have cisterns. Hillbilly.

• Haha 6

I think some folks complaining about the pick in its entirety haven’t watched Forbes play. They’ve seen his weight and jumped to a logical conclusion.

The guy is way too small. And guys that small struggle to survive in the NFL. For that reason I didn’t like the strategy of the pick.

But he has some very good film. He is always on the ball, doesn’t lose his guy very often, quick feet and aggressive for his size. He is a very good player. If he was 6-2 205 and the same athleticism he’d be CB1. And it wouldn’t be close. But he’s not. And that leads to valid questions. 

But if he holds up he’s going to be really good for us. 

He wasn’t my BPA. So, I wouldn’t have taken him at 16. But the size was why. If he overcomes that, the sky is the limit. 

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 2