Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

Shoutout to everyone who did their own version of a protest to help make this real...we may not always have agreed on how to do it...but got it done.

Wish I could buy you a beer, too...Hail...

20230720_212459.jpg

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 8
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

25 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Shoutout to everyone who did their own version of a protest to help make this real...we may not always have agreed on how to do it...but got it done.

20230720_212459.jpg

Definitely....................Also, salute to all the fans who boo'd Dan Snyders wife at one of the games last season. Supposedly, that had a big affect on him finally being open to selling the team. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

52 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

20230720_212459.jpg

Remember the Turn In Your Fan Card mailing movement?  Doesn't seem all that crazy in hindsight on a day such as this. 

Hail. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

I wonder if the motto changes to Trust the Process instead of Take Command.  I know that was the 76ers' philosophy, but can still be applicable here

No, because The Process didn't work and we need to establish our own identity now that we are officially in uncharted territory as a franchise...

New name, new owner, potentially new stadium soon, we're a hop skip and a jump away from an expansion franchise that's trying to navigate the fact there used to be another team here for a very long time before them.

Ravens aren't an expansion team, but they've done pretty well with how they handle Baltimore Colts history...Wizards are trying to make up for acting like they were never the Bullets, somewhere in the middle would be fine by me.

Edited by Renegade7

This team wore me out. Especially these 123 years that that person owned the team. So much so that aside from the draft,I rarely commented on the team. That went on the the real world as well. I could go in to this new ownership with a cynical eye but I think I'll just go with,well,.....

giphy.gif

Oh and of course

:pint:

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

For some reason I assumed Harris would sound like Stannis Baratheon lmao

What an incredible day. Happy to share it with you all. There were a lot of doubters, understandably. This is a miracle outcome, really. There were even people as recently as months ago arguing that there was no possible way the franchise could be keeping two sets of books! But we’re all here, celebrating together. The inexplicable, bone-deep passion and beauty of fanhood wins.

Thrilled for the future young fans who haven’t yet figured out this is their team, who never would have if this sale didn’t happen. Happy for the fans from the golden years who have hope again. Ecstatic for those like me who barely remember those successful years and only know Snyder and Gibbs 2.0 as a reference point for “success”.  Especially glad that some of our more distinguished, wisened fans like @CommanderInTheRye get another shot at experiencing glory. Cheers, folks. Much love to you all

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

Man, I haven't posted here in ages. I wasn't going to say anything or post anything until it was clear that Danya was EXORCISED. 

I dedicate this moment to everyone who said, so many EFFING times, "just accept it," "Who cares?", "He's never going to sell," "Dan's not going anywhere," etc., etc., etc. 

You know who you are. 

This was a grassroots effort led by a handful of brave people who started the ball rolling and never stopped. People who never gave up. Who did whatever they could, some a little, some a lot, to collectively dent that armor until it COLLAPSED, FINALLY. If those people had resigned themselves to the so-called "inevitable," nothing would've ever changed. Thankfully, sometimes, people can make a difference. This is one of those times. 

I can root for this team again. I can get invested in this team again. What a great day. 

Just showed my kid your Sean Taylor Forever video the other day.  It's good to see your name again. :cheers:

In social work, we have adopted Margaret Mead's quote as a prime directive when it comes to change: "Never doubt that a small group of determined citizens can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has."

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Remember the Turn In Your Fan Card mailing movement?  Doesn't seem all that crazy in hindsight on a day such as this. 

Hail. 

I sent one in (but kept being a fan). Thank God it’s finally happened - freed from the toxic creep. HTTC!

Edited by MassSkinsFan
  • Like 3

I'm a bit concerned about my lack of emotion over all this today. I've been hoping for Dan to sell for many years, and I should be uncorking some champagne right now. Is it possible that the apathy I've developed for this team (and for the NFL in general) is so deep that I can't even fully enjoy today's news? 

I've been watching a lot of the old glory days games on Youtube, and looking at those games, I'm realizing how far we've fallen, and how different the game, and the league, has become.

I'm confident Harris is going to get to right to work trying to improve the fan experience and get back some of the old fanbase that stopped paying attention, or even started following other teams. But how long will it be before he has good football people in place to make the changes on the field that will result in a return to being a winning franchise?  

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

For some reason I assumed Harris would sound like Stannis Baratheon lmao

What an incredible day. Happy to share it with you all. There were a lot of doubters, understandably. This is a miracle outcome, really. There were even people as recently as months ago arguing that there was no possible way the franchise could be keeping two sets of books! But we’re all here, celebrating together. The inexplicable, bone-deep passion and beauty of fanhood wins.

Thrilled for the future young fans who haven’t yet figured out this is their team, who never would have if this sale didn’t happen. Happy for the fans from the golden years who have hope again. Ecstatic for those like me who barely remember those successful years and only know Snyder and Gibbs 2.0 as a reference point for “success”.  Especially glad that some of our more distinguished, wisened fans like @CommanderInTheRye get another shot at experiencing glory. Cheers, folks. Much love to you all

That second paragraph.  Bro.

My kids (5 and 7, 6 and 8 when the season starts), are the ages I was when I first really started watching. Of course that was 1991 so yeah it's all been downhill since then.  My entire childhood and adulthood, and we live in the Philly market.  My basement is burgundy and gold and it matches the rest of anything my wife doesn't buy (never get a burgundy deck, though, with a Northern exposure FML).

They ask me on pretty much every Sunday, "Daddy if you're so angry at the team, then why do you say you love them?" I always say, "We are the team. One day, you'll get it, I hope."

Now I no longer have to hope.  As a parent of kids this age in particular in this market specifically, that is threading the needle on a crossing route just high enough for the backer to miss when he swats at it (#JPPLOL) but just enough speed on the ball so that he can get away before he gets blasted by the safety.

God, I can't tell you.  This is truly a miracle for me and my kids!

• Like 7