Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

Dan Snyder Agrees to Sell Washington Commanders for $6 Billion

The N.F.L. team is on track to be sold to a group led by Josh Harris for a record figure, as investigations into sexual harassment claims and the team’s finances continue.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/13/sports/football/washington-commanders-sale-dan-snyder.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

giphy(3).gif.4393a298f29f5f0f72a5cc07c999dff9.gif

Edited by Jumbo
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

10 minutes ago, Tress Is The Way said:

Not sure why this needed it's own thread as there is a GIANT thread just based off of him selling.

Given how long the other thread has stuck around without an actual sale going down, a new thread tells people it actually happened without having to scour the old thread.

• Like 4

• Reaper Skins changed the title to Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B
16 minutes ago, Redd said:

I wanted Bezos for that amazing Stadium. Even if the team continues to stink at least it wouldn’t be terrible to seeing them live. Still Harris Group

was my second favorite and I’m happy overall.

Amen!! Is this real??

12 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I'll wait a bit for things to shake out and settle and then close the (understandably) long, ponderous, often off topic (not understandably), mega thread.

Don't you deal in human psychology?

Edited by PokerPacker

23 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Don't you deal in human psychology?

I should have been more precise for this venue and said "not ok" instead.

Just another confirmation. Will close other thread soon 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/commanders/2023/04/13/josh-harris-group-purchase-washington-commanders-from-daniel-snyder-6-billion/11521303002/

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

I'll wait a bit for things to shake out and settle and then close the (understandably) long, ponderous, often off topic (not understandably), mega thread.

Close both, start one yourself to be an everything "The Sale of this Franchise" thread. Put out that "my thread won" fire now. Ask Skinsinparadise to please make the font in his posts bigger. I can still see more than 3 letters on the screen at once. 

• Haha 3

Yay! As a fan from around 1962-63, I'm glad he's gone. I hope we get a great stadium out of the deal. Our family had season tickets from 1963-1997. My mom passed in December of 1997 and my brother didn't want to deal with the tickets and neither did I. Still watched on the TV until I moved to Texas when the games were few and far between. I hope that administration of the team improves. I'm guessing that it will be official in the May meeting.

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1