Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

No, he'll **** on it like he **** on this team, which was his favorite team. 

****ing loser.  He's a year older than me.  If I woulda been a billionaire, I woulda bought it, hired some good football folks and let 'em roll.  We would've won another half dozen SBs and be riding on top of the league.  But noooooo...

I don’t know about the chances of the winning you speak of but I’d bet my next paycheck you wouldn’t have tried to diddle the cheerleaders.😀

1 hour ago, Idaho fan said:

Im not one to seek out credit or the type of person who needs validation but I did want everyone to know that back in 2019 at Met life stadium before the Giants game I was at the rear of the stadium.  I saw Dan's black SUV pull up and he got out.  At that time I yelled "Sell the team!"

You're welcome.

DUDE! What the hell took you so long then? You could’ve saved all of us a lot of heartache and disappointment. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I first became a fan in 1973. I was a die hard fan who lived and breathed everything Redskins.  Losses weren't just losses - they were personal slaps in the face.  It would take me until Tuesday to get over a loss.

In the first 5 years of Synder's  ownership,  I gave him  the benefit of the doubt.  He did things that I would do- sign every over the hill free agent, for example.     But it became apparent to me - early on- that his ownership was an impediment to the success of the team.  Individuals on here mocked me for starting to critique the team and its owner.  I was called a fair- weathered fan.   At least he was willing to spend money. He's  learning.  We just need a QB.  We just need a good coach.  And so on.  There was always an excuse - but Synder didn't get the blame, at least early on.

The last few years, I got to the point of actively rooting against this team.  I was on here cheering an opponents TD.  

I never thought Synder  would actually sell.  I made peace that wasnington would never win another Super Bowl in my life.

And now it's happened.  I feel liberated.  I feel like a kid again.  Screw the name.  The essence  of this team can return if the new owner gets this right.  He  can win back the fan base again.  Not by winning - at least not right away.  By talking to the fans.  By doing what's best for the TEAM.   Knowing you don't have all the answers- and hiring the people that do.  

I'm pushing all my chips back in.  I'm reborn.   I can't wait for September.

Edited by Csup
  • Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Wish they would take the Commanders name off the front, looks high school to me. Put a monument emblem, anything or something else. 

I just hope the new ownership doesn’t come in and change it a year from now 😂

Loverro put it well on Kevin Sheehan's podcast 

For those of us 40 and older, who still have memories of the "glory years" there has been real pain in just how far this franchise has fallen.

As a kid, the Washington Redskins were literally part of my family. It was a family even to watch the game together on Sunday. The region loved the team.

Seeing what has happened has been painful. Its been awful. And it will never be 1991 again, however there is a chance again 

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Well, I ordered my jersey- first time I’ve spent money on the team in 10+ years!

F31D8B5E-0813-4CF7-96A0-7B2EC2C0B1B3.jpeg

My dude, can you cancel and reorder something better? 

Screenshot_20230413-183614.png

Screenshot_20230413-183546.png

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What are the chances Dan leaves an upper decker in Ashburn?

If I'm Harris and Co. I'm sending in an advance team to every property to inspect it all. Every ceiling light. Every bathroom. Sniffing dogs. The works before I step a food in there. 

4 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

For those of us 40 and older, who still have memories of the "glory years" there has been real pain in just how far this franchise has fallen.

As a kid, the Washington Redskins were literally part of my family. It was a family even to watch the game together on Sunday. The region loved the team.

Seeing what has happened has been painful. Its been awful. And it will never be 1991 again, however there is a chance again 

4E1EBF7E-8539-452A-B05B-216A87B48D26.gif

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

The team has to become a consistent winner again for it to be anything like 1991.

Firing Jason the second they get approved.  Then stripping Ron of gm duties and firing his gm crew.  I don't think we will have a permanent gm until January,  when we can interview candidates from other teams. Harris will probably have some interim personnel guy running things and evaluating Ron, until he gets a permanent guy in the off-season.

Getting the front office and then coaching right , are the things that must be done going into the 24 off-season. 

Just now, CapsSkins said:

"Settle down, settle down! Not only is Mr. Snyder not selling the team to Josh Harris, he's actually found a deal to finance a new stadium! The culture is damn good and found ourselves a QB! Long live Mr. Snyder!"

image.jpeg.8cdca05db8425a95946d028dcfcd3e55.jpeg

How did Baghdad Bob become a Fox Business analyst with an Italian name? They need to do better background checks! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3