Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

15 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Hopefully the Canadian bloke goes away, my brain has already accepted the Harris group. 

Agreed.

What we’ve got here is a public statement that 6.05B is the minimum bid that gets you the prize. Short window now to see if Harris gets gazumped, as we would say over here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Junkies are odd dudes about sports.  So in the past they were pretty much the lone local critics of the Harris bidders, today they do a 180 were gushing and gushing about how he just brings in the best people, value anayltics, etc.  but, I'll give them they did start gushing a little when Magic Johnson was announced as part of this.  And to add to the pile they care less if the new stadium is nice or not, they don't seem to give a rats behind about a new stadium aside from how easy it is to get there or not.

So back to Keim, a little more...

A.  Dan didn't hire good people for the most part and liked to surround himself with peopple who thought like him -- hence Bruce Allen.  Bruce Allen wasn't good for the morale in that building for reasons including how cheap he was and fostered that attitude as part of the culture where people weren't taking care of.

B.  The approval may  happen in May but might take longer, they have to vet all the bidders, minority ones, too

C.  Expect some more minority bidders in the Harris team

D.  Keim has said recently that RFK won't be easy, lots of political hurdles.  While he hasn't changed that take, he does think they have a fighting chance and has heard Harris wants RFK and will at least give it a shot and they'd build a new facility likely in Loudon county and not far away from the current facility if they get RFK

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Rioght...

Yes, it is right. Unless you can show me otherwise...I mean, beyond cynicism lol...

Latest filing with NFL shows Commanders making strides in reforming workplace

The NFL received the third in a continuing series of reports on the Washington Commanders organizational culture last week, one of the conditions imposed after the league’s investigation into alleged rampant sexual misconduct by team executives.

The report, which surveyed employees anonymously and was obtained by the Richmond Times-Dispatch, gave the team high marks in its efforts to create a diverse and inclusive culture, but noted that media attention around continued investigations into owner Dan Snyder is obscuring that work in the eyes of employees.

The summary read, in part: “Our confidential interviews confirmed trends seen in the (previous report): under the leadership of (Coach Ron Rivera) and his team, Football Operations has established a strong-values driven culture and created what many described as a ‘family’ with his staff.”

Jason Wright, team president, also received strong marks, particularly for building diversity in the executive ranks.

*just an aside, that's what Wright was brought in to do--improve workplace culture through installing diversity and a functional HR department. I've yet to see any reports that say he hasn't done this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It's funny how people talk about the price the same way they do about player contracts, as if it is coming out of their pockets.

I don't give a rat's ass what they paid, not one small furry cheek's worth, that bloodsucking parasite is finally being pried off of our necks and I am thrilled

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

It's funny how people talk about the price the same way they do about player contracts, as if it is coming out of their pockets.

I don't give a rat's ass what they paid, not one small furry cheek's worth, that bloodsucking parasite is finally being pried off of our necks and I am thrilled

I haven't really seen this, to be honest--people saying Harris paid too much for the team, at least not among Commanders fans. They're mostly just glad someone did lol....

@Califan007 The Constipated yes, I'm cynical right now and high effort to remediate this problem is comenable in context to it being one that isnt expected to be resolved overnight...not when the head of it is as bad as it is and to this moment not officially gone yet.

This is such a low bar that Harris could lay on his belly and roll over it like a Lincoln log...backtracking in anyway cannot and should not be tolerated.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

@Califan007 The Constipated yes, I'm cynical right now and high effort to remediate this problem is comenable in context to it being one that isnt expected to be resolved overnight...not when the head of it is as bad as it is and to this moment not officially gone yet.

This is such a low bar that Harris could lay on his belly and roll over it like a Lincoln log...backtracking in anyway cannot and should not be tolerated.

LOL @ the part in bold 😂...and definitely agree with what you said.

• Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

He’s mediocre at best.

He starts out slow like he usually does, he’s fired in season. He fails to make playoffs, he’s gone.

This team really won’t move forward until Dan’s hires in front office and coaching are no longer here.

I agree with this with the exception in EB. He might end up walking into a beautiful situation if he proves he’s as good as some think

56 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I can deal with wins and loses...I won't be able to handle acting like a borderline criminal organization that treats women like **** under new ownership.

Fix that or I'm done and steering my daughters away as well.  This should be easy, but I'm jaded and have my eyes open.

I love this group over Bezos and whatever vindication anyone feels in how they did their own protest against this abomination of franchise.

If for any reason It is time for closure and something new, so FFS please do that.

Junkies were talking up this morning, they heard or read Harris is big as to pushing women in major roles in his organizations

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

This so makes my day, week, month, year, decade!!  **** you dan snyder!! One last time!   Glad to see your ignorant ass go!!  

Don't know any more about Josh Harris than what has been posted here, but seems like a decent guy and someone who will do owner stuff and otherwise let football be football people. But who knows. AS a life long Lakers fan I love to see Magic involved. I assume they will keep DOug around for PAR, but not use him as a prop piece to give bad news or sugar coat thier bull****. 

The idea of Magic and Doug teaming up to bring in quality Free Agents is very appealing. Just glad that POS of Snyder is finally on his way out. 

And I disagree about not putting out the Mary Jo White report. Charge that piece of garbage with everything. Thorw is as in jail. It would provide a nice contrast to the new owners why ideally will be trying to turn it around. 

Last but not least, I hope the sign Ron R to a 5 yr extension if for no other reason than to watch @88Comrade2000 head explode 🙂  :cheers:

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 2

The 24 year nightmare is finally over.  This is such a weird feeling.  I never thought he would sell.  There is no doubt in my mind that when trying to make Tanya the face of the organization, and when she was booed loudly by the fans, that she was the one who realized it was time to pack it up and was the driving force in getting Dan to sell the team.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Junkies were talking up this morning, they heard or read Harris is big as to pushing women in major roles in his organizations

I'm not sure what level of executive make up the Business Administration, Vice Presidents, and Senior Leadership sections of the team, but out of 24 execs combined in those three areas, 12 of them are women. Harris may be talking about exec positions that are higher up than those, though--although there are only a handful of those types of positions, so even one woman in one of those positions would be an achievement.

44 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

In all seriousness, they do deserve something for all the crap they were put through at the hands of that monster.  Not now, but somewhere down the line they are brought back to the new stadium as guests of the new owners.  This being a small part of the healing process.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Didn't think I'd see this day for many years. Buddy and I have been kicking around the idea of getting season tickets again. My family had them for 10 years, 1999 - 2010, he had them for four years. We both dropped out around the same time. Exciting to think about going back. 

I keep thinking about how this is like the game "The Oregon Trail", we made it to the end but lost some good people to dysentery along the way. 

• Like 2

I debated posting this here, as it might be a little political for this forum, however, I think it's important to display what kind of person Josh Harris is. His answers here show he knows his place in the community, and it's not about him. His line about the team being a fiduciary for the city? Holy ****.

(Please, let's keep the discussion about non-football/team related issue to the Tailgate.)

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

The 24 year nightmare is finally over.  This is such a weird feeling.  I never thought he would sell.  There is no doubt in my mind that when trying to make Tanya the face of the organization, and when she was booed loudly by the fans, that she was the one who realized it was time to pack it up and was the driving force in getting Dan to sell the team.

I agree.  It is a weird feeling.  I never thought he'd sell, either.  I was fully entrenched in - and I realize this is morbid- waiting for him to croak.  I figured he's 17 years older than I am, I'd have a reasonable shot at him kicking the bucket and hopefully the team would slide out of his family's grasp with enough time left on my clock to make me happy.  

Part of me wants to agree that Tanya getting booed last year was a catalyst of this.  I certainly think it played a part, but I also can't believe that Tanya would be so tone deaf to not understand how much Dan is hated around here.  Maybe she didn't understand that the fanbase would lump her in with him and that was the biggest shock to her, that the fans would see right through the "Tanya is in control now" move for what it was...a too little, too late move that was in response to mounting legal pressures.  And no one cared that Dan was, supposedly, removed from day to day responsibilities (and I don't think anyone really believed that, either).  

So like I said, I think it played a big part...the timing certainly makes it look that way, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1