Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

Jason has got to go. Anything and everything PR needs to be scrapped. ASAP.  It's not rocket science just copy what works at other stadiums instead of overpaying some lame duck 3rd party consultant that doesnt know jack **** about us nor football. Have Commanderettes patrolling the stands giving out T shirts including kids sizes and souvenirs. Replace Major failure Tuddy the Hog with a bad ass commander decked out as a proper warrior riding around on an armored horse OSS with a big ****ing sword and megaphone or launching roman candles. TVs in the bathrooms including anywhere there always a line. At minimum have to have radio broadcast in earshot when pissing. Lower the beer prices to league average. At least Dan finally replaced the peg light endzone whatever those things were. Fix the speakers blasting garbage up in the nose bleeds. Bobbleheads giveaway. Give away tickets that cannot be re-sold vs selling them to out of town fans. We need towels - no not with a hog on it.  Yes I could go on.

Mando the Commando Barbarian

Texas's Own Conan the Barbarian Gets a Netflix Series – Texas Monthly

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SkinsGuy said:

Looks like our years of wandering in the desert might finally be over.

My analogy is that we all have been waiting for that light at the end of the tunnel for the last 20+ years. We have finally reached that light and the dark tunnel has ended. It is so nice to be blinded by the extremely bright light. :)

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Report: Absent league’s desire to dump Dan Snyder, Josh Harris bid wouldn’t be approved   

Thank god Dan was such a scum, or else we probably will still be stuck with him; as the nfl would've rejected Harris's bid.  Looks like they will make exceptions to get rid of Dan and approve this bid.

The nfl needs to change the ownership rules because there isn't that many Jeff Bezos out there.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Report: Absent league’s desire to dump Dan Snyder, Josh Harris bid wouldn’t be approved   

Thank god Dan was such a scum, or else we probably will still be stuck with him; as the nfl would've rejected Harris's bid.  Looks like they will make exceptions to get rid of Dan and approve this bid.

The nfl needs to change the ownership rules because there isn't that many Jeff Bezos out there.

I think it’s more likely that the Harris group would have just structured their deal differently if it came to that. But they don’t need to spend more cash than is required, and would rather take on more debt, because Snyder has no more leverage and has to accept anyways. For instance, I imagine in a world where Snyder was popular and just selling for the hell of it, that part about the $200M being paid to him later (and Snyder considering that concession—only necessary so that he can pretend he was paid over $6M—a “loan”) would be a no-go for the league. But they don’t really care in this case because that was just a garnish on the main deal to stroke Snyder’s ego. 

I’m sure there are other things (like the international limited partner, etc) but it’s all relatively minor in the context of this sale from what I’ve read, and yeah they want Snyder gone. But to pretend like Harris couldn’t have come up with a little more liquid cash if he NEEDED to is crazy. Billionaires and their partners just don’t spend cash they don’t have to when they can use the bank’s money. Then more of their own money stays in their investments. That’s pretty much a golden rule among the filthy rich, they really don’t spend their own money or liquidate assets/holdings unless absolutely necessary. Corporate acquisitions WAY larger than a sports franchise happen almost entirely financed by banks, in ways that would make normal people disgusted if they paid more attention. Like a predatory group using bank money to purchase a relatively healthy Toys R’ Us, putting their debt from that purchase onto the books of Toys R’ Us itself in a loophole that shouldn’t exist, pilfering every bit of value they could from it and paying themselves out and then having Toys R’ Us declare bankruptcy after its cooked books couldn’t support the debt they used to acquire it in the first place. That sort of thing is commonplace, but kind of off topic. Got on a bit of a rant there. 

Anyways, the NFL just has particularly antique rules given their franchise values have only just begun to balloon over a billion dollars (and now far over) in the last decade or so. 

So the title of the article is scary but the takeaway isn’t that the NFL is allowing some broke **** ownership group into the league that they normally wouldn’t just because they want Snyder gone so badly. The reality is that this ownership group will instantly be one of the collectively richest in all of American professional sports—they just don’t want to spend money they don’t get from a bank if they can help it. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

I’m not surprised florio jumped on that. But florio isn’t the only person with that info. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if he got it 3rd hand. 

The problem is not with the Josh Harris group, per se. 

it’s with snyder and the dumb game he’s playing on his way out the door.

you can add this to the list under him giving them a 200 million dollar loan. Stupid games being played for ego. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zCommander said:

My analogy is that we all have been waiting for that light at the end of the tunnel for the last 20+ years. We have finally reached that light and the dark tunnel has ended. It is so nice to be blinded by the extremely bright light. :)

You mean hopefully.

Let's hope that light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train headed for us. :)

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The text of that ‘article’ doesn’t match the headline. It’s not saying the bid wouldn’t be approved, just that the desire to get rid of Snyder means the process is being fast tracked relative to what might be ‘normal’. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Conn said:

Anyways, the NFL just has particularly antique rules given their franchise values have only just begun to balloon over a billion dollars (and now far over) in the last decade or so. 

So the title of the article is scary but the takeaway isn’t that the NFL is allowing some broke **** ownership group into the league that they normally wouldn’t just because they want Snyder gone so badly. The reality is that this ownership group will instantly be one of the collectively richest in all of American professional sports—they just don’t want to spend money they don’t get from a bank if they can help it. 

Agree.

Seems like some in the national media love the sexiness of a story that Dan is so hated that they are accepting an owner that they normally wouldn't.  But if you dive into those actual stories they contradict that point.  They basically said, yeah it could be so but we admit this likely would have been approved anyway but lets bury that part deeper in the story. 

Title is scary but going through the article, wouldn't be approved without "revisions".    It''s sort of click bait stuff from him.  Just like the "loan" from Dan Snyder emphasized in Kaplan's article which was simply reframed language about a story that was already known that the deal involved paying Dan an additional 200 million in 2 years.  But it sounds more ominious when its framed that maybe Harris asked for a loan from Dan.

Florio's point is the similar to Kaplan's -- and both do it in meandering ways which is Harris deal likey would have been approved regardless of Dan Snyder but they are rushing through this. 

According to Kaplan, they might bug Harris more about him taking on other debt with his other sports teams but he also admits its perfectly allowed.  Then goes Harris isn't asking to take on any more debt than allowed by the NFL -- even Walton who is one of the richest men in the world took out the exact same debt.  And he took on minority owners, too.

Mega rich people are famous for not liking to liquidate and prefer use other people's money -- debt.  Especially equity investors like Josh Harris whose expertise is about making money on money.   If lets say you are paying 4% interest on the borrowing -- the stock market averages 7% a year.   That's how these folks think.  

AJ Perez IMO has been the best at covering this stroy throughout and remains so.  He's been on the radio some of late.  He's been on the train that everything is fine.  And that Harris has a lot of friends among the NFL owners who like the idea of him joining the club.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Jason has got to go. Anything and everything PR needs to be scrapped.

It wouldn't surprise me if Jason's job security might be intact for a bit because of the stadium.

I am agnostic about Jason.  Don't love him, don't hate him.  Not hard to see some fans do hate him.  But I'll take a dude I did hate, Bruce Allen.  If I thought he was deep in the weeds on a stadium quest to help at least transition on that front.

I have some minor dealing with how the sausage is made on that front -- both from the legsilative standpoint and PR standpoint as I've talked about in other threads. 

From my own experience dealing with legislation -- all the back and forth especically with something like this where there are political minefields it can be a bear.  And the deeper you are in the process the more familiar you are with the minefields and the easier it gets to navigate them.  And there are plenty of them in a case like this.  Politicians wants-reservations.  In some of these cases, zoning issues -- involving government departments.   Community sentiment.  And just having all that time navigating this, helps a lot.  Because these minefields become evident over the course of the chase.  Jason has that benefit along with whomever worked on this.

While some fans here think Jason is a clown.  I don't get the sense that local politicians see Jason as a clown judging by some of the inrterviews I listened to.  Even though I thought Bruce was a bumbling arrogant fool most of the time.  I didn't think he was stupid.  So lets say it was him that was left over, I'd be cool with it for a stint, because he would be able to regurgitate what's happened and where they are at -- and I'd think that would be very helpful.  Probably after a month or two though it wouldn't matter.  But i'd want that initial help because politics and the legislative process I sadly know from my own experience is rarely linear and smooth -- so I'd want to know the bumps and successes along the ride that happened so far to expedite that next step.

For this ownerships, outside of fixing this organizations structure -- the next most important thing IMO by a mile is the stadium and time isn't their friend.  In their shoes, I'd want to capitalize on the momentum now.  IMO Rivera didn't do a hot job setting this team for prosperity this season.  So the excitment might be dimmed come Novemeber.  So IMO go 100 miles an hour for the stadium now.   Aside from capitalizing on the momentum for a stadium -- they are also behind schedule on getting out of Fedex in 2027.  If they utimately have to do an extra 2 years or whatever at Fedex IMO, that's a disaster.  They can't afford to slowplay the stadium IMO.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

8 hours ago, Conn said:

think it’s more likely that the Harris group would have just structured their deal differently if it came to that.

Couldn’t have said any of it better myself.

Florio could have written a story that said how smart the group was for spending as little as possible up front.  But he is a horses behind so that probably didn’t occurs to his dumb ass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

That may be one of the dumbest articles I have seen in a long time. Deals like this litertally never go through with "flying colors". Bezos offer would have had some revisions to be handled. This is really just trying to make a story out of nothing. Of course Dan will have some idiot Dan stuff but they are/will be minor in comparison and nothing to break the deal. 

Will it take longer for fnal approval? Probably. Will there be revisions made to the final deal. Absolutely. Are any of them that would "normally" keep the NFL from approving the deal, no ****ing way! C'mon this was pure click'bait. 

• Like 3

I’ve heard interviews with insiders that said point blank this deal wouldn’t be approved for any other team. 

Florio isn’t making it up. He’s repeating what’s been circulating for a few days now. 

15 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’ve heard interviews with insiders that said point blank this deal wouldn’t be approved for any other team. 

Florio isn’t making it up. He’s repeating what’s been circulating for a few days now. 

I believe they are leaving the part off that's most important - it may not be approved as is. But the Harris group would be able to make adjustments and then get the deal done. I still think it's much ado about nothing. But that's just me. Maybe it really has a lot of quiirky **** that they normally would not approve. But I just have a hard time believing that. There were other offers. 

What I do believe is that as first presented it may not be approved and a few things they would normally make them fix they are not making them fix. But to flat out reject the deal and stop the sale to the Harris group? I find that very hard to believe unless there are literally known felons involved in the deal. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wait what!!??

Josh Harris

Mitchell Rales

David Blitzer

Magic Johnson

Mark Ein

Lee Ainslie

Eric Holoman

Michael Li

Morgan family

Santo Domingo family

Michael Sapir

Eric Schmidt

Andy Snyder

"Others"...including Yanya Snyder, and her son Erggy Snyder.

We been hoodwinked, bamboozled and flim flammed folks!!!

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 14

Florio is not a reporter he's an antagonist.

He writes all his articles with the express intent of stirring the pot. 

He's a troll with an education and a platform.

The last line of that article is all you need to read to know he's just trying to get under our skin as usual. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, redskinss said:

The last line of that article is all you need to read to know he's just trying to get under our skin as usual. 

ala Steve Czaban

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Add to that, a huge jock sniffer with an annoying nasally voice 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If Dan wasn't Dan and didn't acted like Dan he probably would not be selling as of now as the team, and us, wouldn't be in such awful position on and off the field.

• Like 1