Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump on Trial (Trump indicted for a fourth time in Georgia. Expands his record of most indictments by a former president)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

42 minutes ago, tshile said:

you’re misunderstanding me. 

im sure the DOJ has a strong case. I’ve said repeatedly that I trust in their reputation, and I’ve defended them multiple times during all the “what is taking so long criticism”

my point about it being a weak case is the case made to the general public. Which is that it was worth indicting a former president over “mishandling classified documents”

we will see the evidence. I hope it’s very strong and damning. I hope it shows he tried to sell it or gave it to people or something serious. 

I’m skeptical simply taking the documents and not giving them back is going to do much for the general public on indicting a former president and current leading nominee for the next race. 

I think the witch-hunt argument will have traction if there’s not something more serious here. 

I also think trying to explain why Trump was charged and not Clinton is going to go over many peoples heads.

• Like 4

Rubio and McCarthy (and Trump) are spitting in thr face of every citizen that regular protects national security information.  

"Yeah, this guy likely committed a Federal felony... but he has an R next to his name!" 

Shameless cult members.  Not like it wasn't obvious after the J6 impeachment.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

I watched the interview in CNN and it’s a former prosecutor and he basically said there’s no reason she should or will recuse herself. 

Being appointed by him means nothing. There’s no precedent for that, as we haven’t seen a president indicted before. And it just doesn’t mean anything, just because a judge is appointed by someone doesn’t mean they cannot be impartial. Same goes for having ruled in his favor before and being overturned - judges get overturned and that is not a reason to recuse yourself from future cases. 

• Thumb down 1

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

I watched the interview in CNN and it’s a former prosecutor and he basically said there’s no reason she should or will recuse herself. 

Being appointed by him means nothing. There’s no precedent for that, as we haven’t seen a president indicted before. And it just doesn’t mean anything, just because a judge is appointed by someone doesn’t mean they cannot be impartial. Same goes for having ruled in his favor before and being overturned - judges get overturned and that is not a reason to recuse yourself from future cases. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

@tshile

@Ball Security

tshile, basically it is what Ball Security said.  The judge must recuse because the public has to he able to trust there is no bias. This is argueably the most important Federal trial ever.  Reasonable people think Judge Cannon gave Trump enormously favorable legal rulings. She gave Trump unusual favor.  

Recusal could happen 2 ways.

1) The judge could voluntarily do so.  

2) 11th circuit could demand it.  

Prosecution could both request it informally or ask the 11th Circuit to force it. 

From another argument:

To be clear, our concern is not that Judge Cannon is a Trump appointee. The conflict of interest is that she has already issued unusual and profoundly wrong decisions favoring the defendant in this case that have been severely criticized and overturned, again by conservative or Trump-appointed judges

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

Well. We’ll see

I’m going to bet it doesn’t happen. 

11th Circuit has already corrected two gross rulings.  

I would bet that the first time the DoJ has to waste time appealing a ridiculously deferential ruling for Trump early in the case that they will ask the 11th Circuit to remove her from the case. 

Again, this is the most important Federal trial we have ever witnessed.  She has already had 2 rulinga grossly faborable to Trump.  If it truly was a random lottery that assigned it to her, there are multiple avenues to change her.  The main judge in the Court could do so.... she could do so for her own credibility.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

9 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

This must continue to bother MAGA (and tshile). 😁

Easy to understand for normal, rational human beings.

That pretty much rules out the orange ****er, his boot licking comrades,  and his blind ****ing ignorant followers.

HTTR!

4 hours ago, balki1867 said:

Based on my experience, a large portion of "Independents" are people who don't want to admit they're Republican when you call out the fact that none of the Republican party's policies are conservative in nature or actually address their issues with our country. When you consider the fact that a lot "Independents," are really Republicans in hiding, that's a pretty big deal IMO.

Also, 60-40 is a bigger split than every presidential election in the last 50 years.  If that ends up being the boundary between Democratic votes and Republican votes amongst independent voters, that's not a good sign for Republicans. 

I mostly agree with you, but I also kinda don't. I don't have a favorable view of an actual swing voter, they do exist, but they're rare. I think a lot of republicans like to think they're swing voters to add some type "mysterious air" about their politics, but they're republicans. I had a former boss tell me he was a swing voter because he voted for Clinton almost 25 years ago, even though every other vote before and after was republican.

A swing voter shouldn't exist, especially with the way the GOP is now. If you can't decide between that...you shouldn't be allowed to choose which undies you strap on in the morning.

• Thumb up 1