Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

9 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Well. That doesn’t really make sense. 

lawyers represent people that are doomed to be convicted all the time. And sometimes they still find a way to get their client off. 

this is about all the reasons that have been previously listed. He’s had trouble finding representation for a while now. He doesn’t listen, he doesn’t pay, he throws people under the bus, and there’s a list of people disbarred or in the process of being disbarred. 

My guess is that his last two lawyers didn’t resign because it’s a weak case. That sounds silly. My guess is they had one retainer for the pre-indictment investigation representation, but once an indictment was handed down rates went up. He probably owed money for the new retainer now that he’s indicted, and didn’t pay it. So they resigned. Which I’m guessing was outlined in their original engagement letter. And probably outlined/referenced in their disengagement letter. I imagine they required significant upfront payment in their retainers. 

it’s certainly not unheard of for lawyers to fire their client because the client demands unethical practice, or doesn’t pay. “Oh no it’s going to be really hard to win” doesn’t make sense though. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

By the way. This was my favorite passage to read while perusing the articles about his lawyer search

Trump and his team have interviewed the corruption attorney Benedict Kuehne, who was indicted in 2008 for money laundering before the charges were dropped, the person said. But he has his own baggage as he faces disbarment for contempt of court in a recent civil suit he lost.

“I hire only the best people” 😂 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jun/13/trump-finds-no-new-lawyers-mar-a-lago-documents-arraignment

48 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Has blood been spilled yet?

I don’t think the buses get there until like 2

which. Side note. Very much cheering for “trump courthouse protest bus broke down on side of road” type headline 

Someone needs to name doestrumphavealawyeryet.com like diddukewin.com

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

Well. That doesn’t really make sense. 

lawyers represent people that are doomed to be convicted all the time. And sometimes they still find a way to get their client off. 

this is about all the reasons that have been previously listed. He’s had trouble finding representation for a while now. He doesn’t listen, he doesn’t pay, he throws people under the bus, and there’s a list of people disbarred or in the process of being disbarred. 

I don't think you are wrong about why he has had trouble finding representation. Clearly that is all true. Dude is the worse client ever and he doesn't pay you AND if you do it wrong you could lose your job or worse. 

I do think through some lens it makes sense for someone looking to make a name for themselves to look at the former President with a huge loyal base and think that representing him is a great way to build name recognition. And if you thought that, then it could mean that the only reason that hasn't happened is because they must think its a good case. 

I don't think that's how that works at all, personally. So I agree with you. But that has never stopped me from arguing with you before. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

I think he’s having trouble hiring lawyers for 2 reasons. First, a giant law firm won’t take him on because it will create too many conflicts with other current and future clients, plus it will harm their ability to recruit new young talent, which is the lifeblood of a huge firm. 

Second, he can’t hire a top solo practitioner because any benefit they’d get from representing an extremely prestigious client like a former POTUS is cancelled out by the fact that if he losses, he will immediately throw the lawyers under the bus. 

Also, there seems to be an existing legal team in place that can’t handle this case, but who will meddle in it. 

I think the “he won’t pay them” piece is not a real concern. Anyone good will demand payment up front. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

debating about garage versus bathroom is EXACTLY what Trump and his GOP apologists want... because it is a nothing-burger that screams  "six here, half dozen there.... what trump did was BASICALLY exactly the same as what crooked hillary and lying joe did... but he is being persecuted by the deep state/liberal elite/weaponized justice department/etc..."

it doesn't matter where he stored them.   Had he returned them when asked this WOULD be a nothing-burger, and equivalent to the Biden/Clinton/Pence cases..... but he didn't.   When asked to return the documents he descended into a deep hole of lying, perjuring, hiding... his usual routine.   But in THIS case, he was ACTIVELY going against the US government to PURPOSELY hide critical secret documents AFTER he was informed by the marshals (and his own lawyers) the seriousness of the situation.

Pence/Clinton/Biden had various "classified" documents (including notes from classified briefings and low level "confidential" (the lowest classified settings) that were present in EVERY discussion that ever takes place in the West Wing or Executive Office Building..)   On the other hand, Trump actively sought and hoarded the MOST classified/dangerous documents around and ACTIVELY hid them even after he claimed that he had returned them.   This situation is as far from equivalent with the other three as someone that was at a party where someone else did drugs upstairs in a bathroom versus a major narcotics kingpin/smuggler. 

it doesn;t matter WHERE he stored them.... it matters HOW they got there, and why.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, tshile said:

The buses should be showing up any minute now right?

This reminds me of that trucker protest that planned to shutdown DC like some did in Ottawa earlier, but DC was ready to go so the truckers didn't want no smoke and went home.

Ready for 50k and only 20 showed up?  Them busses might not either.

When 9/11 happened the governments immediate goal was to figure out how to never let that happen again.  We're seeing something similar to J6 and I have a feelin folks are slowly starting to figure that out despite all the tough talk we see on the interwebs...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2