Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Maybe it is damaging our country.  And maybe the damage Trump did by keeping the documents is relatively small.  But the damage it would inflict to the country if we didn't hold our elected officials accountable when they break the law is immeasurable. 

Honestly I see quite a lot of what is happening in the country right now as springing from the pile of **** that was Nixon being pardoned.

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Honestly I see quite a lot of what is happening in the country right now as springing from the pile of **** that was Nixon being pardoned.

Revenge politics has been prominent in the GOP since Nixon was forced to resign. Bill Clinton for example was an immediate target of baseless investigations. They even went after his cat with a congressional investigation into inappropriate use of white house stationary. 

Socks_cat_1_0.JPG?itok=6BQNR7GT

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Revenge politics has been prominent in the GOP since Nixon was forced to resign. Bill Clinton for example was an immediate target of baseless investigations. They even went after his cat with a congressional investigation into inappropriate use of white house stationary. 

Socks_cat_1_0.JPG?itok=6BQNR7GT

To be fair, the cat probably did it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, PokerPacker said:

To be fair, the cat probably did it.

Oh he did that ****. I believe he was responding to fan mail sent to the white house. We'll not him personally more like staffers were responding. Now whether or not that's illegal idk but Republicans sure did think so. 🤭

• Haha 1

It's hilarious that one of the excuses still being bandied about by Trump and his minions is "There were newspaper clippings and media pictures in those boxes!"

That's sort of like saying "Sure, I had a bag of heroin in that jar. But I also had a bag of sugar, so I don't get why I'm in trouble."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

37 minutes ago, mistertim said:

That's sort of like saying "Sure, I had a bag of heroin in that jar. But I also had a bag of sugar, so I don't get why I'm in trouble."

Serious cereal violation if you put that heroin on your honey nut cheerios: honey smack.

Dig_em_frog_honey_smacks_2.png.c02e451cae9fd2fb6657e75b252b86ae.png

dig em was entirely too happy.

Edited by Jabbyrwock
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Kind of light to be black.

Jesus, you're just a beacon of light on an otherwise cloudy day.

You might want to take a breakfast posting and go for a walk. Mental health is a real problem and after viewing your posts, you might well be good to take a break.

Just saying...for a friend...twice removed.

HTTR!

On 6/10/2023 at 9:42 PM, China said:

We have a new one:

Everybody saw what I was doing so it was OK. (Apparently people have x-ray vision and could see what was in the boxes)

The Lying Liar's List of Lies
1. There were no boxes at Mar-a-Lago
2. Other people brought those boxes to Mar-a-Lago
3. Archives could have retrieved the boxes anytime they wanted
4. All the documents in the boxes were declassified
5. I was protecting the boxes for the Archives (I bought a padlock)
6. The boxes were planted by the FBI
7. Obama had more boxes
8.The documents should not have been classified in the first place
9. The documents were already returned.
10. They were my documents
11. There was a standing order that any documents I took out of the Oval Office were automatically declassified
12. Mishandled and rushed move by GSA
13. Invented hoax because J6 Committee ratings were dropping
14. Laws against espionage are wrong
15. Documents are protected by Client-attorney Privilege
16. Documents are protected by Executive Privilege
17. Not only were the FBI wrong in taking them - they better give them back
18. The sensitivity of the documents has expired.
19. Like President Nixon said, "if the president does it, then it is not illegal."
20. I don't believe in the classification system
21. It was an assassination plot
22. Charging Trump would cause so much mayhem it would be a monstrous mistake
23. Every President takes classified documents with them when they leave
24. Mark Meadows planted the documents.
25. I couldn't trust National Archives with the documents because they're controlled by Biden and Obama
26. Only a limited number of Mar-a-Lago staff had access to the documents
27. The documents were for a personal memoir.
28. If it was so serious, why did the FBI take so long to search Mar-a-Lago?
29. Not serious because affidavit for warrant didn't mention nuclear secrets.
30. Nothing illegal was happening, it was only about documents.
31. Trump is not stupid enough to have committed such a crime.
32. Liz Cheney went back in time after losing the primary to order the FBI to raid Trump.
33. DoJ was actually looking for Hillary's E-mails.
34. NARA could have simply kept asking for the documents to be returned.
35. The crime of espionage is really quite mundane.
36. It was the FBI who took the documents out of the cartons, dropped them and spread them on carpet.
37. I couldn't trust the Pentagon to store and dispose of these documents so I HAD to keep them.
38. Keeping government documents at Mar-a-Lago is like having overdue library books.
39. The classified documents at Mar-a-Lago were en route to his Presidential Library.
40. The real issue are leaks to the media that Trump had these top secret documents.
41. Government has to prove documents are classified.
42. Cannot talk about declassifying documents because it could be our criminal defense.
43. DoJ has to give the classified documents back because I wrote on them.
44. The documents were mostly newspapers.
45. I can declassify documents just by thinking about it.
46. I'm protected by God as a bastion against the evils of a secular world.
47. George H. Bush hid government docs in a Chinese restaurant in a bowling alley.
48. Hunter Biden.
49. I designated seized Mar-a-Lago documents as personal records
50. They can't charge me because I'm running for President.
51. It's OK because I stole the documents openly and transparently.
52. Law enforcement should focus on murders instead of this.
53. Bill Clinton used to keep tapes in a sock drawer.
54. Biden did it also.
55. Jack Smith may very well turn out to be a criminal.
56. I enjoyed collecting hundreds of folders marked classified as cool keepsakes?
57. I needed the classified folders to block a light on my nightstand that had been keeping me awake late at night.
58. I have a right to take stuff.
59. They had to pay Nixon $18 million when they took back his stuff.
60. Everything I did was right.
61. I'm at least as innocent as Mike Pence.
62. DoJ guilty of corruption and overreach.

63. I have 2 years to go through all the documents I take and return them.

64. Everybody could see what I was doing, so it was OK.

Looks like he's recycling excuses.  Back to number 6.

Trump now claims classified documents were ‘planted’ in Mar-a-Lago boxes in wild arraignment morning rant

Former president Donald Trump has now claimed that the classified documents found at Mar-a-Lago were “planted” in the boxes after they were obtained by the Department of Justice.

In a Truth Social rant, Mr Trump lashed out at Special Counsel Jack Smith on the morning of the former president’s arraignment at a Miami federal courthouse.

“This is the Thug, overturned consistently and unanimously in big cases, that Biden and his CORRUPT Injustice Department stuck on me. He’s a Radical Right Lunatic and Trump Hater, as are all his friends and family, who probably ‘planted’ information in the ‘boxes’ given to them. They taint everything that they touch, including our Country, which is rapidly going to HELL!” Mr Trump wrote on Tuesday morning.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 3

Wait, so Jack Smith is...a radical right lunatic now? I thought Trump said radical left before. Also, the evidence was now planted by...Smith's family? He brought the boxes home and his kids were like "lulz time to play a prank on dad and plant nuclear secrets in some boxes"? Or maybe his wife was pissed that he didn't do the dishes one night and did it?

• Haha 2

Trumps speech was very good*, in fact that’s the first time I remember him actually sticking to the script for the bulk of the important part. In some way I kind of forgot he could even do that. He tends to go off the rails after a few sentences. 

*very good in the sense if the goal was to do the best you can to appeal to the people that are susceptible to accepting what you’re saying, he did as good of a job as I can imagine being done 

Hah. Tomorrow is trumps birthday 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump

• Haha 3

Look. I’m not a fan of Mike pence. The only nice thing I think I’ve ever said about him is that he stood up for the country on 1/6. 

And I guess I can add this to the list:

he said “I cannot defend what is alleged”

it’s nuts to me that he shows up in these ways. He’s the only main stream voice of the gop that’s said anything counter to the “weaponized doj” narrative. 

he gets a lot of **** and he deserves it but I do acknowledge he stands out in this way. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

Look. I’m not a fan of Mike pence. The only nice thing I think I’ve ever said about him is that he stood up for the country on 1/6. 

And I guess I can add this to the list:

he said “I cannot defend what is alleged”

it’s nuts to me that he shows up in these ways. He’s the only main stream voice of the gop that’s said anything counter to the “weaponized doj” narrative. 

he gets a lot of **** and he deserves it but I do acknowledge he stands out in this way. 

I'll generally give credit where it's due, but at the same time I think most of the Republicans who come out against Trump nowadays are more political weather vanes than anything else. They're either hedging that Trump will eventually lose popularity or that he'll be forced to withdraw his candidacy for legal reasons. That includes people like Pence, Barr, Bolton, and Christie.

But I can't give too much credit for the same reason that I can't give a ton of credit for a mob guy turning on his boss. The mobster knew perfectly well that his boss was a bad guy, that super bad and illegal **** was going on, that he was 100% complicit in it, and he did nothing for years. But his finger to the wind told him it was time to flip. Doesn't make him a good guy all of a sudden, but does give him a couple of points I guess.

And we know Pence asked some people about whether he had the power to refuse to certify the votes on Jan 6th and he was repeatedly told no. So it's not like he outright refused on basic principle. He did so after others told him "bro...no...just no"

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, mistertim said:

And we know Pence asked some people about whether he had the power to refuse to certify the votes on Jan 6th and he was repeatedly told no. So it's not like he outright refused on basic principle. He did so after others told him "bro...no...just no"

This part here is not quite accurate...

Trump and a number of his aides/lawyers/goons were constantly telling Pence that it was legal and allowed...so he had his aides do some checking so that he could rebut them when they kept applying pressure. That's when he ended up talking to the likes of Dan Quayle. He didn't treat the matter like he was on a message board and just talk out of his ass lol...plus it wouldn't surprise me one iota if he truly did not know. He's not exactly the sharpest crayon in the MAGA box.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

This part here is not quite accurate...

Trump and a number of his aides/lawyers/goons were constantly telling Pence that it was legal and allowed...so he had his aides do some checking so that he could rebut them when they kept applying pressure. That's when he ended up talking to the likes of Dan Quayle. He didn't treat the matter like he was on a message board and just talk out of his ass lol...plus it wouldn't surprise me one iota if he truly did not know. He's not exactly the sharpest crayon in the MAGA box.

Fair enough, but I have a hard time believing Pence truly didn't know that the VP doesn't have the power to unilaterally refuse to certify a presidential vote count just because. He may not be a top legal mind in the country, but he's still a lawyer and that's pretty damn basic constitutional law. I think he was getting pressured, knew it was wrong, but wanted to cover his ass so ran it by some other people.

• Like 1