Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

I hope it's Bezos so he can help chip in for the new stadium. If it's in DC then you know they'll want a lot from the owner to pay for it. All Bezos has to do is get with people to help him pick a good GM. Just like Cooke who made decisions at the top and stayed away from personnel decisions. And I think he'll do that knowing how Snyder was such a flop in his ideas.

Edited by BleedBNG
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

orbes had an article about the bids being higher than expected and that Bezos was planning to bid with Jay Z.  Everything in Forbes seems to be pro Snyder. They haven’t written anything about Bezos being out.  It they do write about Bezos being out it would probably mean Snyder is trying to create a bidding war. Maybe that’s what happened with Perez.

This is a classic snyder tactic. He specifically prefers national media people. 

The Forbes guy was also running around doing interviews saying he expected the team to go for as much as 8 billion. 

7 hours ago, sj4vols said:

It's going to be Bezos.  The Suns sale showed you don't need to be in the first group of bidders.  

I'd rather have a businessman that owns two Pro Sports franchises or a majority of them (Harris) than Bezos who has never owned one!  Beside Snyder and Bezos don't get along.  It's not going to be Bezos, IMO. 

• Thumb down 2

9 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

The Philly Voice article paints a picture of Harris being used as bait by the Broncos to get the Waltons to put in a bid. A bid that Harris couldn't match. Seems he's afraid of that happening again with Bezos.

If thats true how can Harris afford what Washington will bring?

Just spitballing, but I wonder about Bezos going in on it with Harris in the minority. There's only 32 of these in existence.

Bezos smiles and signs the checks, but Harris is the de facto owner. He knows how to be an owner, Bezos doesn't, and he saw how hard Snyder failed. Bezos doesn't want to fail, especially with Blue Origin being an afterthought to Space X.

Again, just a stream of consciousness, but a 60/40 on paper and a 50/50 in purpose.  It also helps Harris to show that he can run a team so the NFL makes him, effectively, #1 contender when the next one comes on the market, which it seems is coming in bunches.

Also, this is still the best thread of all-time **** Snyder.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A Philly reporter just on 106.7, saying Josh Harris is loved by the Philly sports fans (knowing the Philly sports fans by reputation, I doubt all of them love anyone) and thinks he's done a great job for the Sixers. 

Living the metro area, you can rank people here by no who they like the most but who they hate the least. Harris seems to be at the bottom or near it when it comes to the hated owners here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

One of the people commenting above said that Dan's just waiting for Bezos to tack on a free Prime membership to the bid.  lol

Haha!

Bezos: I'll give you $7.2 billion for the Washington Commanders.
Synder: No, NEVER. Absurd! I hate you!
Bezos: Alright, I will throw in Free Prime Membership for life.

Synder: HA, I win! Deal. You just got fleeced!

*Dan runs away giddy like a little school girl*

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It’s going to be Bezos in my opinion. This is an easy win for him. Everyone hates Snyder so it’s a very attractive role to walk into plus it’s almost a lobbying platform for him. He can build a DC stadium and invite the politicians to his suite along with Amazon executives. It’s a power platform no other team can offer. 

Seahawks is tougher. He could only go south on what Paul Allen did. They already have a great stadium and he would be fighting to maintain the same standard. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I know Snyder apparently hates Bezos and all, but would he really turn down an extra BILLION? Seems petty even for Danny. And hell, it's not like Bezos was telling the post to crap on Danny. That has been happening long before Bezos bought the post. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

If Snyder won't sell to Bezos, then why doesn't Bezos just buy the franchise from the winning bidder who Snyder wound up selling the team to?

For example, if Harris wins with a bid of 6.3 billion , he could then turn around and sell it to Bezos for 7.8 billion and make 1.5 billion for a few weeks worth of time.  Making that kind of money in a short time would probably be very tempting for Harris' financial group.

Edited by Wyvern
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

As far as Bezos digesting different narratives on it, the only narrative that multiple reporters have in common is this.

A.  Bank of America wants to lure Bezos into the bidding

B.  They aren't sure that Dan wants to sell to Bezos and the feeling is he probably doesn't.  Though some speculated he'd do it if the bid is big enough.

C.  They aren't sure Bezos would want to give some Godfather crazy deal to top all bids but just instead bid higher

It's all pretty vague aside from the vibe is that Bank of America wants Bezos to bid.   But clearly people aren't talking much so its all very vague.  Keim is backing most else of what's being said by Perez, Finlay, etc but he doesn't really have much to add and Keim usually is really good at getting scoops.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1