Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

Many of you probably already have heard this, but I am summarizing as much for myself as anything. 

This came about when a Bezo spoksman (supposedly) said Bezo's is interested in the Commanders and would be willing to sell the Post if that's what it took. The premise being the only reason Dan would not sell to Bezos is he feels the Post is the source of all his issues around the team (he is not totally wrong and I am glad they called his punk ass out). In true conspiuracy theory fashion Dan blames Bezo for the paper coverage (kind of stupid since they were trashing his punk ass well before Bezos bought the team) saying he did it to get the team from him. 

I would not put it past asshole dan himself for putting that out there just to get what he perceives is some kind of public win. It's what narcisists do. To continue the rumor dan would see it as a win if Bezos sold the paper to show some kind of (false) loyalty to danny boy. 

To summarize the summary - Dan feels punked by Bezos and wants some kind of public revenge. If Bezos prostrates himself somehow - ie sells the Post, he would consider selling him the team. Oh yea, and the several $B will not hurt either. 

I really don't care how it gets done, who feels hurt or not, or what else happens, I just want him gone!  Make it happen! Someone!!  

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 7

The best case scenario is for Bezos to find a business that he owns that is worth 7 Billion and make a straight trade with Doofus Dan. 

Then in the ensuing years we will all have two sources of entertainment.

One, watching the team finally be ran well and finally get turned around.

Two, watch Doofus Dan completely destroy a business that he will eventually lose everything on.

• Thumb up 1

53 minutes ago, PigskinRedskin said:

This means nothing to me. If the statement said something along the lines of "Mr. Bezos is not interested in purchasing the Washington Team" I would be worried. Until then or the team is sold to someone else I totally believe there is smoke. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Is my guy McConaughey gonna finally get in on the deal?  I think I'm most excited about the combination having him involved. Feel like he could be a great advisor to the group to give perspective from the fan base of all we've endured. 

alright-alright-alright-alright.gif

41 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

The best case scenario is for Bezos to find a business that he owns that is worth 7 Billion and make a straight trade with Doofus Dan. 

Then in the ensuing years we will all have two sources of entertainment.

One, watching the team finally be ran well and finally get turned around.

Two, watch Doofus Dan completely destroy a business that he will eventually lose everything on.

Only if it's publicly traded so we can short it to the ground.

• Like 1

If anyone has the time or inclination, I recommend McConaugheys book Greenlights. He's smart, articulate and has led an interesting life. He narrates it himself on audible and it is fantastic (I listened to it driving back West a few weeks ago). I would welcome him being included in the ownership group.

• Like 3

The owner of the LA Angels did an about face last night and decided not to sell them after a potential sale moved into the late stages. He said that the reason was that there is "unfinished business" and that their hearts are still with the Angels. Until Snyder sells and is a officially gone, something exactly like this happening is what scares me.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, fearlessNelms said:

The owner of the LA Angels did an about face last night and decided not to sell them after a potential sale moved into the late stages. He said that the reason was that there is "unfinished business" and that their hearts are still with the Angels. Until Snyder sells and is a officially gone, something exactly like this happening is what scares me.

The only thing that makes me think this won’t happen is the money - 7+ billion dollars would set your family up financially until practically the end of time.

1 hour ago, Rex Tomb said:

The only thing that makes me think this won’t happen is the money - 7+ billion dollars would set your family up financially until practically the end of time.

Plus, the whole London thing. The Snyders are up to something that doesn't involve the Commanders. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, fearlessNelms said:

LA Owner also does not have to deal w/ the epic levels of fan backlash a back-out of this sale would bring.

More options on the table for other owners.

Let’s just say, that for whatever spiteful reasons, Dan backs out of selling - can we just make a pact as fans to never spend another red cent on this franchise?  No more tickets, merch, anything.  Write every sponsor and vow to no longer use their products.  

I’m already at a point to where if he chooses not to sell and the owners don’t force him to, I’ll be hard pressed to even follow or care about the NFL any longer.

Bottom line, this has to be it.  We can not continue to feed his coffers because of nostalgia and attachment.  We have to speak with our wallets.

• Like 10

51 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Let’s just say, that for whatever spiteful reasons, Dan backs out of selling - can we just make a pact as fans to never spend another red cent on this franchise?  No more tickets, merch, anything.  Write every sponsor and vow to no longer use their products.  

I’m already at a point to where if he chooses not to sell and the owners don’t force him to, I’ll be hard pressed to even follow or care about the NFL any longer.

Bottom line, this has to be it.  We can not continue to feed his coffers because of nostalgia and attachment.  We have to speak with our wallets.

The more I hear the more I feel its going down.  But yeah Dan is such an unpredictable douche that you never know.  I'll celebrate when it happens.

Judging by narratives worst case scenario, Dan holds minority partnership.  I wouldn't like it but wouldn't hate it either, I'd take it over him running the team.  It would be the equivalent of holding stock in a company but have no power.  From what I udnerstand minority ownership isn't nearly as lucrative, you get 50 cents on the dollar basically on a sale compared to full ownership.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The more I hear the more I feel its going down.  But yeah Dan is such an unpredictable douche that you never know.  I'll celebrate when it happens.

Judging by narratives worst case scenario, Dan holds minority partnership.  I wouldn't like it but wouldn't hate it either, I'd take it over him running the team.  It would be the equivalent of holding stock in a company but have no power.  From what I udnerstand minority ownership isn't nearly as lucrative, you get 50 cents on the dollar basically on a sale compared to full ownership.

That discount is only if you sell the minority stake standalone. You get full value if you sell along with the majority owner

The difference is, MLB isn't going to force Moreno out if he decides not to tell.

Snyder knows he has to sell or dirt is gonna come out and the other owners will eventually go to war with him and force him to sell. He's gonna sell early, make his money, and in return the league will stay quiet. 

The writing is on the wall. Snyder WILL be gone. Just a matter of when at this point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The difference is, MLB isn't going to force Moreno out if he decides not to tell.

Snyder knows he has to sell or dirt is gonna come out and the other owners will eventually go to war with him and force him to sell. He's gonna sell early, make his money, and in return the league will stay quiet. 

The writing is on the wall. Snyder WILL be gone. Just a matter of when at this point.

Moreno’s teams have underdelivered in recent years but he has won a championship. Dan obviously hasn’t come close to sniffing one

5 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

Like they aren't already set up financially until the end of time. Eventually, the next kazillion bucks doesn't make a difference in your lifestyle or the lifestyles of your descendants.

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Been there, doing that for several years now. Well, except for the sponsor thing. If he pulls a Lucy/Charlie Brown number on us, that'll definitely be next.

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

This. No way this doesn’t happen. Dan sells either by choice by force.

Nfl buries the dirt if he sells. If not, it will come out; exposing him more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I stopped about 5 yrs ago. I used to go to 2 to 4 home games a season. I stopped going and told all family members to stop buying me merch. I still go to an away game or two and every time you hit an NFL site he gets paid a little, but nothing to the team directly. 

If he chooses not to sell and the NFL lets him get away with it I will done with the NFL and the team. My brother-in-law (he had been a fan since the early 1970's) already did it but I am holding out hope dan gets removed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

This. No way this doesn’t happen. Dan sells either by choice by force.

Nfl buries the dirt if he sells. If not, it will come out; exposing him more.

While I agree this above situation happens, let me for giggles sake and say hold on for a second, does the NFL really want to go down that route, does the NFL really want to bring to light the years of them knowing what Dan did/does in so many avenues, the sexual scandal, the Jon Gruden email stuff and so much more, to me that would make the NFL just as guilty as Dan was/is for them allowing this type of stuff to occur under their nose…. Specially with their stance the last several years of equality and other agendas… I think them exposing Dan and his Sins will only be a black eye for them ….

6 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If he doesn't sell (although I feel he will), I am jumping ship until he does. I'll be rooting for my son's favorite team, the Lions. So, heres hoping the franchise is sold before the OTAs. 🤞

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not living and dying with Bezos.  I would like him to buy it but IMO he has some wildcard.   I watch a lot of CNBC and its a not a secret that he as a personality is often arrogant and a douche in the work environment. 

I agree with you in that I'm not giddy on Bezos buying the team, but I don't hate it either. I just want Snyder out and hope for the best, whoever the new owner would be. It's hard for me to have a favorite simply because I obviously don't know any of these potential buyers personally and they may all be douches. A person we all think is going to be great could be a disaster- not a Snyder like disaster, but a disaster nonetheless.

I wonder if ES existed in 1999 when Snyder bought the franchise how many of us would have loved that a 30 something, lifelong fan from the DMV was taking over as owner? I would guess that a lot of people- including myself- would have liked, if not loved it. And man oh man, how wrong those people would've been.

• Like 2