Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

11 hours ago, hail2skins said:

At least we can currently take solace that the Cowboys, like us, haven't made it to the NFCCG since the 90s and the Giants, despite making the playoffs a couple times, have been pretty lousy the past decade.

The Eagles have truly been a gold standard team for pretty much the past 30 seasons. And its crazy how they had a monster year and won a SB, hit bottom three seasons later, and now are back with another monster year and another trip with a Lombardi at stake. That organization seems miles above ours.

Weird way of looking at it...you really have to Shallow Hal your eyes to put any of the other NFC East teams anywhere near Washington. I'll ignore Philly since you are giving them credit, but the other two are also truly miles ahead of the Skins/Commanders also!

Dallas - even AFTER their 3 Super Bowls since the Redskins last won one, they won the NFC East 8 times between 1996 and 2022, won more than 10 games 6 times in that same span, and have made the playoffs 11 times. That's in a 27-year span. 

New York - in that same time, they won the division 5 times, won more than 10 games 4 times, have made the playoffs 10 times, and of course won 2 Super Bowls (and went to another). 

For the record, Washington has won the division 4 times in that span, never won more than 10 games, and only made the playoffs 6 times...

They are nowhere close to any team in their division...and remember, that's arbitrarily starting this count right after Dallas won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tress Is The Way said:

would make you believe he'd start now?

Desperation to save his job? 

3 hours ago, Tress Is The Way said:

His past 3 drafts have actually been really good for this team, he gets players that are drafted late to produce.

Ill never understand this thought... He has filled the middle portion of the roster that has long been left under talented compared to previous regimes but he has done very little for the top 3rd of the roster. Elite talent carries teams in todays game. Ron hasnt added anyone there. 

Hes just made the team more mid than before.

2 hours ago, Tress Is The Way said:

I'd be more inclined to let the past speak for itself. Panthers got a new owner in 2018, the new owner kept Rivera because he is a respected, and unlike dan synder is hands off. Sure we may see a new GM brought in IF the team does sell, but I don't expect Rivera to be fired right away. He will get a leash though.

Ron still had length of his contract and only a couple years removed from a SB and was still "winning". He hasnt had a winning season since. Also still had a "healthy" Cam. He was a lot more secure in his future there than he is here. 

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd be surprised based on everything that the beat guys have said they heard that Ron would trade up for a QB. 

hopefully by the draft new ownership is in place and he doesn't have the authority to make a move like that. Stay put and take the best OL/DB/ILB of those 3 and then again in the 2nd and again in the 3rd round.

17 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

hopefully by the draft new ownership is in place and he doesn't have the authority to make a move like that. Stay put and take the best OL/DB/ILB of those 3 and then again in the 2nd and again in the 3rd round.

Keim has been on the money forever on FO targets at least on a macro level with rare exceptions.  Heck he even had the Wentz interest before anyone else.

It's still early, but 100% of the indications so far from him and others is they have no intentions to chase a QB in the draft, at least not early.  And you got me why they would.  It would cost a fortune to trade up from 16 and none of the top 3 prospects are obvious transcedent type talents.

And as for a veteran why woud you have to and for whom?  From what I can tell its just Carr and Rodgers hitting the trade market.  Keim said from what he heard they have no interest in trading for Carr and GB supposedly won't trade Rogers to the NFC.

So it feels like a wasted debate. 

lol, if Keim changes his tune in a few weeks or whatever, I'll eat my words.  But for now, I am gathering the more likely variable to get them to shoot for a QB is if Dan sells and the new owner wants to do something to juice up the fan base marketing wise. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And as for a veteran why woud you have to and for whom?  From what I can tell its just Carr and Rodgers hitting the trade market.  Keim said from what he heard they have no interest in trading for Carr and GB supposedly won't trade Rogers to the NFC.

agree 100%

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim has been on the money forever on FO targets at least on a macro level with rare exceptions.  Heck he even had the Wentz interest before anyone else.

It's still early, but 100% of the indications so far from him and others is they have no intentions to chase a QB in the draft, at least not early.  And you got me why they would.  It would cost a fortune to trade up from 16 and none of the top 3 prospects are obvious transcedent type talents.

So it feels like a wasted debate. 

lol, if Keim changes his tune in a few weeks or whatever, I'll eat my words.  But for now, I am gathering the more likely variable to get them to shoot for a QB is if Dan sells and the new owner wants to do something to juice up the fan base marketing wise. 

Imagine where we would be today if Howell hadn't flashed against Dallas. No good options without giving up the farm.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Imagine where we would be today if Howell hadn't flashed against Dallas. No good options without giving up the farm.

Yeah forgot which national reporter said the same.  But that one window Howell gave the fan base hope. 

Seems like they are betting on the cheap QB model now, rolling the dice.  I have more confidence than some about Howell but still not to the extent that its not a bit of a wildcard.

But its the perfect storm for them to bet on this considering I doubt Dan is willing to spend big money right now and IMO while the top 3 QBs in this draft have potential, none of them seem slam dunk like for example Burrow felt back during that draft for example. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah forgot which national reporter said the same.  But that one window Howell gave the fan base hope. 

Seems like they are betting on the cheap QB model now, rolling the dice.  I have more confidence than some about Howell but still not to the extent that its not a bit of a wildcard.

But its the perfect storm for them to bet on this considering I doubt Dan is willing to spend big money right now and IMO while the top 3 QBs in this draft have potential, none of them seem slam dunk like for example Burrow felt back during that draft for example. 

It really did open up so many options that would not be there if we were forced to trade up in the draft, spend big on another free agent, sign an underwhelming middling QB. We have no idea Howell will work out but things feel so much brighter right now.  With all the outside variables also working against us this offseason having Howell is huge. No one saying he is the future but there is not that sense of having to go all in for a QB....at least for right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Really? I heard they're the greatest set of generational QBs since the last set of generational QBs 2 years ago...

They are but if we're patient there's going to be an even bigger group of generational quarterbacks next year.

And don't even get me started on the class of 2025.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

It really did open up so many options that would not be there if we were forced to trade up in the draft, spend big on another free agent, sign an underwhelming middling QB. We have no idea Howell will work out but things feel so much brighter right now.  With all the outside variables also working against us this offseason having Howell is huge. No one saying he is the future but there is not that sense of having to go all in for a QB....at least for right now.

The QB play was atrocious yet they went 500.  You figure Howell at a minimum could beat past Qb play and another off season of upgrades will give them a better team.  Will see.

14 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Not too early to focus on 2026

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/arch-manning-commits-to-texas-five-star-quarterback-no-1-overall-prospect-ends-whirlwind-recruitment/

Arch Manning commits to Texas: Five-star quarterback, No. 1 overall prospect ends whirlwind recruitment

Manning is viewed as a program-changer, which is exactly what Texas and coach Steve Sarkisian need

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:03 pm ET3 min read
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, redskinss said:

They are but if we're patient there's going to be an even bigger group of generational quarterbacks next year.

Do you know how many generational QB’s we’ve missed out in just the last three years? A ****load!!

But tight end is probably the position that has the most generational players in the 2023 draft. I’ve heard some draft analysts saying there could be as many as 7 generational tight ends drafted this year.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Do you know how many generational QB’s we’ve missed out in just the last three years? A ****load!!

But tight end is probably the position that has the most generational players in the 2023 draft. I’ve heard some draft analysts saying there could be as many as 7 generational tight ends drafted this year.

I am a big fan of the TE 2023 class.  But 7 generational TEs feels a bit much IMHO.  Mayer. Washington.  Musgrave have that type of potential IMO.  Maybe Kincaid?

• Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I am a big fan of the TE 2023 class.  But 7 generational TEs feels a bit much IMHO.  Mayer. Washington.  Musgrave have that type of potential IMO.  Maybe Kincaid?

Sam LaPorta of Iowa is a guy to watch too....draft projection is late 2nd or 3rd round. He'd be a good get for us.

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Sam LaPorta of Iowa is a guy to watch too....draft projection is late 2nd or 3rd round. He'd be a good get for us.

I’ve talked about Laporta and plenty of others deeper in the TE pool on the draft thread. 

But I am focused on the word “generational” talent.  

IMO that would be rich for Laporta albiet he’s my fav TEs in that 2nd tier of TEs in this draft.  Kraft probably has a little more hype than Laporta in that group post the top 4 TEs.