Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

About 7.5 weeks to the start of the owners meetings on March 27th. 6 weeks tops until the new owner is leaked. We can do this right?

Sesame Street Idk GIF

Sorry for the wall of blank space. The mobile website has issues with me sometimes.

Edited by actorguy1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb down 1

18 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

About 7.5 weeks to the start of the owners meetings on March 27th. 6 weeks tops until the new owner is leaked. We can do this right?

Sesame Street Idk GIF

Sorry for the wall of blank space. The mobile website has issues with me sometimes.

An eternity of blank space.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

If we don’t get a leak about the sale in the next week then the March meetings might be tough to do. The more time Dan has to back out the less likely it is going to happen as well in my opinion. 

Nah, I think this stuff is proceeding on the tightest timeline we can realistically expect. The no leaks thing isn’t because it’s not happening, it’s because other owners—who would normally be involved—aren’t involved, because they’re trying not to spook Snyder when he’s finally doing what they want. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Conn said:

Nah, I think this stuff is proceeding on the tightest timeline we can realistically expect. The no leaks thing isn’t because it’s not happening, it’s because other owners—who would normally be involved—aren’t involved, because they’re trying not to spook Snyder when he’s finally doing what they want. 

Walton was announced as the new owner of the Broncos 2 months before the owners formally voted to approve and he is an easy slam dunk. If it’s not Bezos, the financials will be more complicated so time is running out for March meeting approval. 

9 hours ago, Birdlives said:

I stand by my original premise. The sale is already done, will be announced right after the Super Bowl.

not sure it’s already a done deal but I do know they would not let this type of announcement come out this close to the SB, or really any time in in the last part of the season or through the playoffs.  

That does not mean nothing is going on. I expect at the very least an announcement there is deal in principal by March.  Then it’s just working out the details which would likely go quickly.   

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

not sure it’s already a done deal but I do know they would not let this type of announcement come out this close to the SB, or really any time in in the last part of the season or through the playoffs.  

That does not mean nothing is going on. I expect at the very least an announcement there is deal in principal by March.  Then it’s just working out the details which would likely go quickly.   

It wouldn’t surprise me to this dragged on thru spring. Dan want the bids to be higher, waits to see if he can get that.

More Sheehan just now.  He was told that the team hasn't even had a conversation with Payne's agent.  He was told Payne's team wouldn't be broached until after the SB.  He saw that as a good sign for Dan selling.   He also concurrs with the video posed here from Rick Snider (he didn't reference Snider but was just opining with the same take) that he expects some news possibly/likely post SB but not before.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Some of you are tripping. Quiet = great news, the wheels seem to be in motion behind the scenes without anyone having to leak anything to the media.

People also talk of him backing out or changing his mind which really only means they don’t understand why the sale is happening. It’s not because he’s not interested, it’s because he can’t afford it any longer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Morre Sheehan just now.  He was told that the team hasn't even had a conversation with Payne's agent.  He was told Payne's team wouldn't be broached until after the SB.  He saw that as a good sign for Dan selling.   He also concurrs with the video posed here from Rick Snider (he didn't reference Snider but was just opining with the same take) that he expects some news possibly/likely post SB but not before.  

They've been slow to get these conversations rolling in the past (such as with Terry's agent). Willing to give them a mulligan on this though as new owner = new budget to work with. I stand by the premise that the likely path ultimately becomes franchise tag -> long term deal later this offseason. If Payne's agent has any logical sense, he'll understand this isn't your typical tag situation due to the ownership change set to happen