Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

30 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Perez has been the only source regarding Snyder selling so far and it looks like this team's sale is going to be his big fish.  Never heard of him before this story started in November.  Guys like Rapoport, Schefter, and Glazer have been largely silent when it comes to the sale of this team.

Perez was all over the Snyder congressional hearings and information related to Snyder including possibly cooking the books by reallocating ticket sales to withhold from the NFL pot. He had sources in congress as well as sources placed near other owners on those stories, former Redskins employees and probably the accusers lawyers. 

This one requires a current source working for BofA or the Snyder inner circle. Snyder isn’t texting Bruce Allen about the sale for Perez to get the info. So the typical sources aren’t there. Forbes is the only one ahead of the sale stories because that’s who Dan’s people are leaking to. Forbes was the first with the potential sale news and they are the first to float the $7 billion plus number. So for this story Forbes seems to be the source to get real data or false information Dan wants made public to up the bids. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Perez was all over the Snyder congressional hearings and information related to Snyder including possibly cooking the books by reallocating ticket sales to withhold from the NFL pot. He had sources in congress as well as sources placed near other owners on those stories, former Redskins employees and probably the accusers lawyers. 

So I guess Snyder won't be selling the team to Perez.

10 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

I'm wondering if the league gave Dan some kind of ultimatum shortly after his " and he won't" sell statement. ( That he apparently reversed course on just a couple of weeks later. ) Something like " Look. We have the votes, or we're close to it. If we vote you out, it's going to the highest bidder.

You go quietly on your own and you can still have a choice in the matter. "

And I wonder which owner would've delivered that message? Or would it come from the league office? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

So I guess Snyder won't be selling the team to Perez.

He’s selling to me. I’m waiting in the wings. Just need a few lotto tickets to come through then double that down a few times on 28 in roulette because Darrell Green is always a winner and I’m the new owner. It’s pretty much a done deal. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

Have a hard time believing anyone would buy with Dan hanging around in any fashion. That pocket sized Mortar Forker needs to sell it all and disappear…mortar as in concrete … like the shoes I’d like to fashion for that loser lol.

Agreed....so Snyder is gonna sell to a new owner just for the new guy/gal to fight all of the lawsuits and battles he's created? A bailout for cash problems but still holding on to the glory of being and NFL owner? I don't think so...unless here's something I'm missing here?

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Agreed....so Snyder is gonna sell to a new owner just for the new guy/gal to fight all of the lawsuits and battles he's created? A bailout for cash problems but still holding on to the glory of being and NFL owner? I don't think so...unless here's something I'm missing here?

Dan plans to put in an irrevocable option to reacquire the full majority of the team after the new majority owner fixes the lawsuits and the heat dissipates. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:
35 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He’s selling to me. I’m waiting in the wings. Just need a few lotto tickets to come through then double that down a few times on 28 in roulette because Darrell Green is always a winner and I’m the new owner. It’s pretty much a done deal. 

Can you bring back the striped socks from the Billy Kilmer days? 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I think Bezos goes for the Seahawks. They are required to put the team up

for sale at some point.

Do they? Last I heard everything is fine with the previous owners Trust, and it'll eventually wind down and sell the team, but that process could take decades.

I don't think Bezos really wants to own a team just to own a team. If it's available and not super expensive, sure. But he's got loads of other projects he wants to pour billions into anyways.

Edited by Always A Commander Never A Captain

I want Harris by a large margin, even if he is hard to get along with.  I feel this way after reading the post from the Sixers fan.  He hires people and gets out of the way, he has experience  owning successful sports franchises and to me he is the best choice by far.  Bezos would be my 2nd choice but always felt the way Renegade feels, it would be an unnecessary distractions.  I want a solid experienced owner, one so behind the scenes most of us had never heard of him.  Bezos/Jay Z could be a circus.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

40 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I want Harris by a large margin, even if he is hard to get along with.  I feel this way after reading the post from the Sixers fan.  He hires people and gets out of the way, he has experience  owning successful sports franchises and to me he is the best choice by far.  Bezos would be my 2nd choice but always felt the way Renegade feels, it would be an unnecessary distractions.  I want a solid experienced owner, one so behind the scenes most of us had never heard of him.  Bezos/Jay Z could be a circus.  

Sure, ANY owner would be better than Snyder.  However, I don't think success in one league reflects success in another.  The Caps are a success (although it is 99% due to Ovi) and the Wizards are a delusional mess that is routinely chastised by the national NBA writers (Zach Lowe, John Hollinger, etc).  Leonsis is the worst owner in the NBA.  He also was so cheap that he didn't pay the coach who won him a cup.  You think Snyder has state run media?  Try listening to NBC Sports Washington (which Leonsis owns), the awful play-by-play guy Chris Miller (aka Baghdad Bob) and Drew Gooden.  No criticism of the team is ever warranted.  

Every true diehard Wizards fan hates Leonsis with a passion (he is Snyder like in never giving interviews).  He's on the record as stating that the team will never tank (aka rebuild) and is perfectly content going for the play-in just to ensure they get a profit (Kevin Sheehan has stated this).  They have the worst outlook of any team in the NBA.  Any Nats fan should pray he doesn't get that team.  Leonsis is a blowhard who doesn't get any of the criticism that should be directed at him by the local media.  Dude kept the Vinny Cerrato of the NBA in power for 20 years (Ernie Grunfeld), and then finally relented on not retaining him by hiring his #2 instead of going outside of the organization.  Far better candidates (Masai Ujiri, Tim Connolly) turned him down because they knew he's the worst owner in the NBA who refuses to rebuild.  

When David Aldridge (one of the few local media types) asked him in a press conference after the draft why should fans expect the Wizards to have success, he pointed to his e-gaming team as to why.  Leonsis is an utter moron.  Josh Robbins (beat writer of the Wizards of the Athletic) is on the record as stating he has requested multiple times to interview Leonsis and has never received a reply from his spokesperson.  

Edited by mhd24

41 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Sure, ANY owner would be better than Snyder.  However, I don't think success in one league reflects success in another.  The Caps are a success (although it is 99% due to Ovi) and the Wizards are a delusional mess that is routinely chastised by the national NBA writers (Zach Lowe, John Hollinger, etc).  Leonsis is the worst owner in the NBA.  He also was so cheap that he didn't pay the coach who won him a cup.  You think Snyder has state run media?  Try listening to NBC Sports Washington (which Leonsis owns), the awful play-by-play guy Chris Miller (aka Baghdad Bob) and Drew Gooden.  No criticism of the team is ever warranted.  

Every true diehard Wizards fan hates Leonsis with a passion (he is Snyder like in never giving interviews).  He's on the record as stating that the team will never tank (aka rebuild) and is perfectly content going for the play-in just to ensure they get a profit (Kevin Sheehan has stated this).  They have the worst outlook of any team in the NBA.  Any Nats fan should pray he doesn't get that team.  Leonsis is a blowhard who doesn't get any of the criticism that should be directed at him by the local media.  Dude kept the Vinny Cerrato of the NBA in power for 20 years (Ernie Grunfeld), and then finally relented on not retaining him by hiring his #2 instead of going outside of the organization.  Far better candidates (Masai Ujiri, Tim Connolly) turned him down because they knew he's the worst owner in the NBA who refuses to rebuild.  

When David Aldridge (one of the few local media types) asked him in a press conference after the draft why should fans expect the Wizards to have success, he pointed to his e-gaming team as to why.  Leonsis is an utter moron.  Josh Robbins (beat writer of the Wizards of the Athletic) is on the record as stating he has requested multiple times to interview Leonsis and has never received a reply from his spokesperson.  

Yes but the Bezos group has zero experience in owning sports franchises.  

Edit: I share your feelings on Leonsis  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

8 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I think Bezos goes for the Seahawks. They are required to put the team up

for sale at some point.

I would think he would prefer Washington over Seattle with him technically moving his home residence to the DMV area.

also its easier for him to continue to peddle his influence in Washington with him owning a team in Washington vs Seattle

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Vinny Mac grew up a Redskins fan (may or may not have had a belt buckle) & he's made two attempts with the XFL. Now you know why he's forced his way back onto the Board of Directors to facilitate the selling of WWE, which is expected to around that 8 billion mark. 

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, TK said:

Vinny Mac grew up a Redskins fan (may or may not have had a belt buckle) & he's made two attempts with the XFL. Now you know why he's forced his way back onto the Board of Directors to facilitate the selling of WWE, which is expected to around that 8 billion mark. 

WWE could go for 8 billion? Wow, had no idea!