Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

Listening to this AJ Perez guy on Sheehan's podcast.

Hard to take him seriously. 

What are his credentials again? 

Does "FO Sports" cover much of anything?

Getting fraud vibes.

I’ve felt that way about him as well. I don’t listen to a thing he has to say. Maybe he is doing the “fake it til you make it” thing until he finally gets lucky and is taken seriously. He’s waiting for his big break.

2 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I’ve felt that way about him as well. I don’t listen to a thing he has to say. Maybe he is doing the “fake it til you make it” thing until he finally gets lucky and is taken seriously. He’s waiting for his big break.

Same vibes here. This is an easy situation to sling **** on the wall and see what sticks, it's not like the news can be confirmed or denied anytime soon. 

People are probably just telling him anything to make the annoying fly go away. 

• Like 2

FWIW - just catching up on a Junkies recording from this morning and Lurch worked with Josh Harris's brother (Gabe) so kind of knows the family said Josh isn't the easiest dude to get a long with.  The all talked about how any owner is better than Snyder. LOL

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

The all talked about how any owner is better than Snyder. LOL

I think at the end of the day, this is where I'm at.  Our new owner, whoever it may be, could turn out to be a raging asshole nobody wants to work with, a penny pinching cheapskate who leaves us working with scraps, a skeevy creepo, or a meddling saboteur, but he's very unlikely to hit the quadruple jack-pot, and thus we have improved our stature in life.

Can't happen soon enough!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

FWIW - just catching up on a Junkies recording from this morning and Lurch worked with Josh Harris's brother (Gabe) so kind of knows the family said Josh isn't the easiest dude to get a long with.  The all talked about how any owner is better than Snyder. LOL

It's not surprising. He is a cofounder of one of the most blue chip private equity firms out there. PE guys in general tend to be raging assholes

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, method man said:

It's not surprising. He is a cofounder of one of the most blue chip private equity firms out there. PE guys in general tend to be raging assholes

I would expand that to say 99% of billionaires, regardless of how they made their money, are raging arseholes. You don't get to the big boy's club by treating others like humans.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

If bids are at 6.3 billion or something, that's for the whole team. Not 51%. Nobody's gonna put 6.3 Billion, and a stadium to build for just 51% of the team.

Those billionaires aren't that stupid...

One thought is that the Forbes report could potentially marry to AJ's report where the valuation is $7B but the offer is for 90% of the team with Snyder holding 10%. If I'm Snyder and the goal is to pass this on to my kids, if I can keep a minority stake and the league is fine with that, I would try to do it given that NFL teams only grow in value. Remember guys that minority investors don't hold any real power so it isn't the end of the world if Snyder held a small stake

16 minutes ago, method man said:

One thought is that the Forbes report could potentially marry to AJ's report where the valuation is $7B but the offer is for 90% of the team with Snyder holding 10%. If I'm Snyder and the goal is to pass this on to my kids, if I can keep a minority stake and the league is fine with that, I would try to do it given that NFL teams only grow in value. Remember guys that minority investors don't hold any real power so it isn't the end of the world if Snyder held a small stake

The NFL will not approve a partial sale of any kind imo, I feel pretty sure of that. They want to rid themselves of this man, not continue to get raked over the coals nationally for still doing business with him. They can’t get out from under his dark cloud as long as he owns even 1% of the franchise. They can vote no on any owner who isn’t buying the entire franchise, and I think as a whole they’d exercise that right. He’s not getting out of this with half measures. Or even 90% measures. He’s done. 

And on a personal note, if the NFL allows him to keep any percentage of the team at all, I’ll be done. The only reason I’m still here is because even when the know-nothing cynics here said there was zero shot Snyder would ever sell, I never lost faith that as his personal and professional L’s mounted higher and higher—there was a light at the end of the tunnel where he’d have to sell. I celebrated every tweet, every blurb, every article. I believed in the death-by-a-thousand-cuts narrative and it’s the ONLY reason I was able to stay a fan of this ****hole franchise he desecrated.

And if I was proven right, and he’s gone, and we exorcise that demon—then the suffering was worth it to get back something I was afraid to lose. But…if I’m proven wrong on that and a dark, demonstrably evil exploiter of people like Snyder is allowed to keep even one foot in the door of the NFL clubhouse—I’m out. Mind you, I suffer from no fanciful delusions about the other billionaires and corporations that make up the NFL and it’s partners. We all make choices on where to draw the line with our entertainment (and there is no ethical consumption under capitalism blah blah). But this would be a line for me, if even the ghost of Snyder is allowed to remain. 

It’s all or nothing for my fanhood, and I bet I’m not alone. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

Yeah this makes no sense whatsoever. 

How can people bid on something if they have no idea what it is they're bidding on?

Maybe every individual bid could be for a set %.

Like some people are offering 6Mil+ bids for a full 100% sale, while others are offering like 3.5Mil for 51% or something, and we simply don't know which one Snyder is leaning towards.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Conn said:

The NFL will not approve a partial sale of any kind imo, I feel pretty sure of that. They want to rid themselves of this man, not continue to get raked over the coals nationally for still doing business with him. They can’t get out from under his dark cloud as long as he owns even 1% of the franchise. They can vote no on any owner who isn’t buying the entire franchise, and I think as a whole they’d exercise that right. He’s not getting out of this with half measures. Or even 90% measures. He’s done. 

And on a personal note……

We’re pretty much in lockstep here. If he isn’t gone, I probably will be. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Conn said:

And on a personal note, if the NFL allows him to keep any percentage of the team at all, I’ll be done. The only reason I’m still here is because even when the know-nothing cynics here said there was zero shot Snyder would ever sell, I never lost faith that as his personal and professional L’s mounted higher and higher—there was a light at the end of the tunnel where he’d have to sell. I celebrated every tweet, every blurb, every article. I believed in the death-by-a-thousand-cuts narrative and it’s the ONLY reason I was able to stay a fan of this ****hole franchise he desecrated.

And if I was proven right, and he’s gone, and we exorcise that demon—then the suffering was worth it to get back something I was afraid to lose. But…if I’m proven wrong on that and a dark, demonstrably evil exploiter of people like Snyder is allowed to keep even one foot in the door of the NFL clubhouse—I’m out. Mind you, I suffer from no fanciful delusions about the other billionaires and corporations that make up the NFL and it’s partners. We all make choices on where to draw the line with our entertainment (and there is no ethical consumption under capitalism blah blah). But this would be a line for me, if even the ghost of Snyder is allowed to remain. 

I am hoping my theory is wrong by the way.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Those articles talking about Snyder staying on as Owner in some capacity are clickbait. FrontOfficeSports.com does not sound like a reputable source for journalism.

FOS first foray into journalism.

Dewey_Defeats_Truman.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Those articles talking about Snyder staying on as Owner in some capacity are clickbait. FrontOfficeSports.com does not sound like a reputable source for journalism.

Perez has been the only source regarding Snyder selling so far and it looks like this team's sale is going to be his big fish.  Never heard of him before this story started in November.  Guys like Rapoport, Schefter, and Glazer have been largely silent when it comes to the sale of this team.

Edited by NoVaSkins21

38 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

A J Perez has no real sources besides his cat.

he’s a personal trainer.

Seems like he was the first to report no Bezos bid, and getting backed up since?

Unless I'm missing something.  Devil advocating, I'd rather he be wrong.

24 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Perez has been the only source regarding Snyder selling so far and it looks like this team's sale is going to be his big fish.  Never heard of him before this story started in November.  Guys like Rapoport, Schefter, and Glazer have been largely silent when it comes to the sale of this team.

Listening to different people who are covering the story including Perez, its hard apparently to get info on it because Dan as usual isn't talking.  Bank of American is totally close lipped. and the prospective owners are close lipped.  

Keim for example is typically great at getting info relating to the team but on this issue he's hardly had any info.  Ditto Standig.  I get the impression that Keim and Standig's sources are within the FO.  And if so those same sources don't seem to be in the loop on this.

1 minute ago, Bifflog said:

Seems like he was the first to report no Bezos bid, and getting backed up since?

Backed up after by Finlay and Keim

Edited by Skinsinparadise