Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

Sheehan's podcast today.  He said he talked to some people in the last day or so about this in the know. 

A. 85% chance he sells is his guess.  the process is moving forward.  The Snyders are resigned for now to sell. 

B.  His main worry for it not happening is he's told by people who know Dan that he's super impulsive and changes his mind about plenty. 

C.  He was told cash flow is a reason in the mix for the sale.  He's had cash flow issues for awhile and it's compounded by the 450 million loan he has to pay off and there is an obvious need for a new stadium where he has no public funding for it thus far.

D.  He talked about the issues that Dan has with big contracts is the guaranteed money which has to be escrowed.  He flat out said he was told that the Terry contract was dragged to the summer for that reason, they wanted to wait until as late as possible to hold on to that money.   It's been my take based on other thiings I've heard and I'll give a plug to @KDawg, @Conn @BatteredFanSyndrome among others who also pushed along with me the Dan cash flow narratives, including about why Terry's contract deal might have been delayed that off season. Sheehan doesn't report much but when he does he is almost never wrong.  

E.  He hears the sale likely goes from somewhere between 6.5 billion to 7 billion.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 6

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan's podcast today.  He said he talked to some people in the last day or so about this in the know. 

D.  He talked about the issues that Dan has with big contracts is the guaranteed money which has to be escrowed.  He flat out said he was told that the Terry contract was dragged to the summer for that reason, they wanted to wait until as late as possible to hold on to that money.   It's been my take based on other thiings I've heard and I'll give a plug to @KDawg, @Conn @BatteredFanSyndrome among others who also pushed along with me the Dan cash flow narratives, including about why Terry's contract deal might have been delayed that off season. Sheehan doesn't report much but when he does he is almost never wrong.  

Thank you as always, but this part in particular is frustrating concerning Payne.

I really hope he isn't the Trent Green of this sale.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

Thank you as always, but this part in particular is frustrating concerning Payne.

I really hope he isn't the Trent Green of this sale.

I think they end up delaying it and franchise him.  The usual Ron haters will likely put that move 100% on Ron -- its Ron's lack of foresight, etc and anything relating to Dan had nothing to do with it.  

But the bottom line is if people are being objective on Ron, you need a lot of imagination IMO to believe that Dan's cash flow issues and this team being the Siberia of the NFL -- as not impinging on Ron's off season quests.  I get it if people are angry and want to put everything they dont like on Ron and it feels cathartic doing so but that's what I see that as -- just catharsis. 

The bottom line for me is whether its Ron or name any of the previous coaches.  They were ALL hamstrung by Dan in so many different ways.   Heck we are talking about Daniel Jones on another thread.  I recall the reports at that time was Jay Gruden didn't care for Haskins and wanted to take Daniel Jones if they went with a young QB.  Some goofed on Jay based on that report.  But heck if they did that they'd obviously be in much better shape. 

Sadly there are a zillion stories about name that regime where Dan spoiled the soup in some fashion or form.  I think some people's hatred for name that coach at that given time, ironically can take Dan off the hook for things that he doesn't deserve the slack for. 

• Like 4

More from Sheehan. One thing that could change Snyder's mind is either being backed in to a corner by new allegations or being exonerated by old allegations/Mary Jo White investigation. So the less news we here about allegations the better. 

Edited by actorguy1

4 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

More from Sheehan. One thing that could change Snyder's mind is either being backed in to a corner by new allegations or being exonerated by old allegations/Mary Jo White investigation. So the less news we here about allegations the better. 

Yep.   Though that was purely him guessing how Dan's impulsive nature might come into play where he holds on partly out of spite or to vindicate himself.  He also speculated that Dan thinks his reputation was only tattered over the last two years so if White's investigation vindicates him -- he'd feel like his reputation is salvaged and all is good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

C.  He was told cash flow is a reason in the mix for the sale.  He's had cash flow issues for awhile and it's compounded by the 450 million loan he has to pay off and there is an obvious need for a new stadium where he has no public funding for it thus far.

I am completely convinced that fugly POS yacht has created problems in signing FA's and their own players.

image.jpeg.51f7277a70271e0deda4986ee9a17118.jpeg

:229:The Rook

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Why is there so much empty space on your posts?  Maybe it's just my browser.:kickcan:

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3

4 minutes ago, The Rook said:

I am completely convinced that fugly POS yacht has created problems in signing FA's and their own players.

image.jpeg.51f7277a70271e0deda4986ee9a17118.jpeg

He was cash poor before the yacht. He’s been leveraging his wealth for years. Other than income from the franchise every single other business endeavor he’s ever tried has failed. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Anyone but Snyder. Just hire a good GM, write checks, and stay out of the way. It ain't that hard.

but lets be real.. if anyone is going to fork over $6-7 billions to buy a team.. they are going to want to play with their new toy...

However, they do need to hire the right people that will keep them out of doing stupid things... Hopefully the new ownership won't have their version of Vinny Cerrato when they make their first hires...

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/commanders/sources-commanders-sale-coming-soon-top-candidates-take-shape

The sale of the Commanders "will be over soon” according to multiple sources speaking with NBC Sports Washington.T

How soon? 

That’s unclear, and while the NFL might not want any major news stories during its playoffs, an announcement could come as soon as March.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PigskinRedskin said:

Further, among the remaining ownership candidates, there is a firm belief that a return to the RFK Stadium grounds in Washington is a real possibility. The Commanders currently play at FedEx Field in Landover, Md., and some ownership groups believe they could make a viable practice facility on the current stadium site and return to the city to play games.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

JP isn't wrong that Redskins Park can become yet another ashburn data center. Move the team back to DC where they belong. Buy out the RFK land and rebuild there.

Only issue is the people around RFK right now don't want a stadium there. :(

The bigger issue is that you can’t “buy out” the RFK site. It’s owned by the feds, not the city. Department of the Interior has final say over the site.