Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

He's on the air, 106.7 right now.  Started by saying he knows Dan wants to sell. 

For some here, that's not news.  But for me its good to hear because some (granted a minority) people who have talked to beat reporters have said they are skeptical about Dan selling.

Listening to him some more.  I take him this way.  He is basically trusting people close to Dan and close to the league that this is likely going down soon.  He doesn't seem to know anything beyond that.  Anything beyond that he's just guessing.  But that's enough info for me.  I don't care about Dan's reasons or his opinion about him, etc.

They got off on a tangent about whether Dan could back off, which he said you never know, but he doesn't think he wil change his mind and will indeed sell.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Well I mean you brought it up as having heard it on the Pat McAfee show, which I’m pretty sure is national.

I’m confused. They care about the fact we’ll be changing names again and there will be jokes galore… yes. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

He has asked people about whether Dan would sell to Bezos (assuming people close to Dan), he thinks it would be hard for Dan to say no if Bezos tops the biggest bid by a good margin.  But couldnt fish out if Dan wouldn't sell to him. 

My thought though is what is Bezos has the top bid by it's not by a wide margin.  

He doubled down that the league really wants Bezos to be the buyer for multiple reasons.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Gasparino is a fox news guy he knows what he is talking about when it comes to this. I have seen him and some of the other fox news guys at the Washington games. He diffently knows people close to Snyder

Yeah even AJ Perez who some goof on here, clearly knows things, he's broken some stories in the process including being the first about Bezos not bidding -- if I recall it was him that refuted the other National story that Dan's offers were in the high 7 billion (I gather a story planted by Dan), etc.

Being a bit of a Commanders sports news junkie.  And knowing a bit about the news business via my own professional work, its not hard to piece together one key fact with ths story.  That is, its VERY hard to get a scoop on this story because the parties aren't talking.  Dan clearly is closed lipped.  Sheehan said even some coaches on staff don't think he's selling because they aren't in the loop.  The bidders aren't talking.  And I've heard it being said Bank of America is uber secretive.

Keim who usually is the ultimate deep throat about this team has gotten almost nothing on the sale.   He's if anything a little behind the national reporters.  That's rare.  Why?  I am guessing Dan has been very close lipped with the FO people.  I suspect Keim's sources are within the FO.

My point is I notice some people get annoyed with some of these natiional stories that just offer a drop of info but not much more.  But I am gathering its VERY hard even to get a drop of it.  AJ Perez who isn't considered a clown when he appears on both 980 and 106.7 -- has talked about this some suggesting its really hard to get info on what's happening. 

And part of the reason why I believe him is the two best beat guys as to getting inside info about this team typically who are Keim and Standig have basically nothing about what's going.  Keim at one point confirmed what Perez had in a story but otherwise he's had basically nada.

Bringing this back to Gasparino.  I absolutely believe actually what he said which essentially is he knows people really high up with the league and people really close with Dan -- and the two groups converge on the idea that a sale is imminent and Dan wants to sell.   As far as Perez's story about 7 billion, that makes sense too.   

To me the one thing that both Gasparino and Perez seem to be spitballing on is Bezos.  There doesn't seem much meat to it aside from Bezos' camp isn't denying interest. Both referenced being persistent to try to get Bezos camp to talk but I get the impression they were stonewalled. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it’s laughable that this team will go for $7 billion. I mean, he might get it. But if the new owner has to build the franchise, including stadium and possible rebrand, from the ground up, I really don’t see how you can get more than the Broncos. I know it’s potential and fans very well could come back. But, everything being equal, I don’t get it. Of course, I don’t have that amount of money to spend either.

if this team was an item at Wal-Mart, it would be on the clearance aisle. That said, if I had $7 billion to buy the team, I would :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

You guys are all so hung up on whether or not the team is being sold that you are all sleeping on the parade logistics.

I say we start by the Capitol and make our way to the Washington monument. 

Parade Permit Application | mpdc

We just gotta give a minimum of 15 days notice. I think we can make this happen.

Maybe we can do it the Sunday of League Meetings or Draft weekend.

I think someone needs to give Tony Korn. a call to get the bandwagon up on its wheels again!  (Back on the Bandwagon parade at the Capital)   As soon as he has gone.

• Like 1

I also doubt the league wants it to go for over 7 billion. At some point, guys like Harris will get screwed over too many times and bow out of the next team for sale. Right now it seems there is a glut of billionaires willing to own an NFL team, but there aren't that many with enough flush cash to fund and operate an NFL franchise if the prices get out of hand. Bezos hasn't bid yet because why bid against yourself if your going to screw over the Seahawks sale or whatever other team comes next. The NFL played the long game on getting Snyder out and let him over leverage himself. They'll get this right too in the end. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I think it’s laughable that this team will go for $7 billion. I mean, he might get it. But if the new owner has to build the franchise, including stadium and possible rebrand, from the ground up, I really don’t see how you can get more than the Broncos. I know it’s potential and fans very well could come back. But, everything being equal, I don’t get it. Of course, I don’t have that amount of money to spend either.

if this team was an item at Wal-Mart, it would be on the clearance aisle. That said, if I had $7 billion to buy the team, I would :)

Dan's team may sell at clearance right now, but the Team sells for top value and would move back up the value chain with dan's departure.  Pretty soon Dan will be on the clearance rack as a NFL owner.🤞

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Just for the record, a parade regarding Dan’s departure was at one point what felt like a pipe dream, but was definitely a topic of discussion long ago.

To take it a step further, I haven’t heard them talk about it much of late but G&D we’re making plans for a parade sponsored by 106.7 the fan - inviting back all the folks he’s done wrong as guest speakers and the whole bit.

All I know is I’m in.

All I know is y'all better plan this parade far enough in advance that we have time to fly in from outside the area.  Because best believe I'm booking a flight. 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

I also doubt the league wants it to go for over 7 billion. At some point, guys like Harris will get screwed over too many times and bow out of the next team for sale. Right now it seems there is a glut of billionaires willing to own an NFL team, but there aren't that many with enough flush cash to fund and operate an NFL franchise if the prices get out of hand. Bezos hasn't bid yet because why bid against yourself if your going to screw over the Seahawks sale or whatever other team comes next. The NFL played the long game on getting Snyder out and let him over leverage himself. They'll get this right too in the end. 

It’s the exact opposite. Every current owner of a team wants every team that sells to sell for as much as possible. It raises the value of their own franchises without them having to do anything. It’s like when your neighbor with a similar house sells for 40k more than the last family in the neighborhood sold for. It’s good for everybody on the block. They don’t have any interest in limiting sales prices to keep certain future purchasing parties interested, imo. Those people could always form wealthier ownership groups if necessary, or they get priced out. But the current owners have no interest in not inflating their own teams’ values. 

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I’m confused. They care about the fact we’ll be changing names again and there will be jokes galore… yes. 

Ah ok. Not sure I actually care about that, but yeah no doubt they’ll be a few people making jokes. They already are. We are an easy target and have been for some time. But the joking will fade away in time. If we keep commanders, the joking will be permanent. It will be Snyder’s legacy haunting us forever. If you’re worried about being the butt of national medias jokes, you should be begging for another name change!

45 minutes ago, Conn said:

It’s the exact opposite. Every current owner of a team wants every team that sells to sell for as much as possible. It raises the value of their own franchises without them having to do anything. It’s like when your neighbor with a similar house sells for 40k more than the last family in the neighborhood sold for. It’s good for everybody on the block. They don’t have any interest in limiting sales prices to keep certain future purchasing parties interested, imo. Those people could always form wealthier ownership groups if necessary, or they get priced out. But the current owners have no interest in not inflating their own teams’ values. 

Yep. Look at the recent sales.

1 billion something 

2 billion something 

4 billion something 

It helps the owners selling. They get more for their franchises.  Now, it’s true there aren’t too many people who can afford what the franchise will

now go for; so you will probably get billionaires forming groups of billionaires to finance a purchase.

Owning a sports team is still desirable to these billionaires, even if it’s only a share.

7 hours ago, woodpecker said:

Well sure that sounds a little crazy in a vacuum but....

1. The first name unexpectedly was swept away by the unlikely combination of a global pandemic, George Floyd, and an attempted coup by the minority owners.

2. The second name was always a temporary placeholder, only existed because of number one.

3. The third name was the handpicked idiocy of the worst owner in the history of professional sports.

4. In the highly unlikely event that 1-3 were to occur elsewhere, I’d imagine any city/team would be considering a fourth name

It’s a set of circumstances that will never happen again, so I don’t think it’s a big deal to set things right with respect to the name. I don’t see it as a only in DC thing, I see it as a Snyder thing. For a lot of us fans, the Snyder-inflicted wounds run deep and cleansing them is more important than worrying about having too many name changes in a short period of time. As soon as the new owner gets here, I will unapologetically be standing with the crowd calling for another name change.

It's also such a short term issue. It'd be something that is mentioned here and there on talk radio for a couple of weeks, maybe a few passing references to it the following season. It's hardly worth worrying about versus letting a guy who ponied up $7B brand his own product and get away from a  bad name chosen by a despised figure like Snyder. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1