Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

Sheehan went into the topic today.  He had AJ Perez on.  Perez didn't have much new aside from he heard that the Mary Joe White report is almost done and he believe the sale is more likely in May-June.  AJ Perez suspects but doesn't know that 7 billion isn't the be all and end all and would sell for less if need be.

Sheehan said he heard Dan is telling people in the building, nothing has been decided yet.  Sheehan though discounts that as just management speak -- whereas what else would you say.  He thinks Dan is selling for multiple reasons but a big one is money -- loan, stadium.  He also thinks there is family pressure for him to do it -- too much headache. 

Sheehan also said there is a NY Post newsletter, where reader get seperate new reports.  And a caller forwarded him their new one but all he has is the headline but is missing the actual report which Sheehan is trying to get his hands on but the head line was something along the lines of that the sale of the Commanders isn't going well and the hope is Bezos saves this.

This part is just me speculating. In the process of people talking about the sale, we keep hearing that the prospective owners realize that the cost isn't just the team but they have to pay up for the stadium and that's making them put the breaks on how much they are willing to offer.  What if 6.3 biilion is still the biggest offer.  Dan says no go. 

And a couple of reporters (if I recall including Keim) said The Bank of America wants Bezos to bid.  So maybe the drill is these guys aren't getting it to where Dan wants it and Bezos is the only dude who could. 

What makes the story a bit weird is there is still some overhang on this about Dan might not want to sell to Bezos.  Throw Grant Paulsen into the pile of people who heard Dan doesn't want to sell to him but he's not sure if that's legitmately true. 

Maybe Dan doesn't want to sell to Bezos but in the end maybe he has no choice if he's stuck on his sticker price.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan went into the topic today.  He had AJ Perez on.  Perez didn't have much new aside from he heard that the Mary Joe White report is almost done and he believe the sale is more likely in May-June.  AJ Perez suspects but doesn't know that 7 billion isn't the be all and end all and would sell for less if need be.

Sheehan said he heard Dan is telling people in the building, nothing has been decided yet.  Sheehan though discounts that as just management speak -- whereas what else would you say.  He thinks Dan is selling for multiple reasons but a big one is money -- loan, stadium.  He also thinks there is family pressure for him to do it -- too much headache. 

Sheehan also said there is a NY Post newsletter, where reader get seperate new reports.  And a caller forwarded him their new one but all he has is the headline but is missing the actual report which Sheehan is trying to get his hands on but the head line was something along the lines of that the sale of the Commanders isn't going well and the hope is Bezos saves this.

This part is just me speculating. In the process of people talking about the sale, we keep hearing that the prospective owners realize that the cost isn't just the team but they have to pay up for the stadium and that's making them put the breaks on how much they are willing to offer.  What if 6.3 biilion is still the biggest offer.  Dan says no go. 

And a couple of reporters (if I recall including Keim) said The Bank of America wants Bezos to bid.  So maybe the drill is these guys aren't getting it to where Dan wants it and Bezos is the only dude who could. 

What makes the story a bit weird is there is still some overhang on this about Dan might not want to sell to Bezos.  Throw Grant Paulsen into the pile of people who heard Dan doesn't want to sell to him but he's not sure if that's legitmately true. 

Maybe Dan doesn't want to sell to Bezos but in the end maybe he has no choice if he's stuck on his sticker price.  

I mentioned a couple days ago Michael Phillips on an Al Galdi podcast doesn't think the team fetches 7 billion simply because of what's been stated, practice facility, new stadium, etc and he said they've started looking at the books.  His estimation was that low $6 bil number too so that lines up with what everyone is hearing.  He thought the eventual new owner costs could be pushing $8.5 bil with team, new stadium, practice facilities, etc. when it's all said and done.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I mentioned a couple days ago Michael Phillips on an Al Galdi podcast doesn't think the team fetches 7 billion simply because of what's been stated, practice facility, new stadium, etc and he said they've started looking at the books.  His estimation was that low $6 bil number too so that lines up with what everyone is hearing.  He thought the eventual new owner costs could be pushing $8.5 bil with team, new stadium, practice facilities, etc. when it's all said and done.

Yeah I listened to that, too.  The stadium cost which could be in the 3 billion range is a double edge sword -- supposedly its a factor why Dan finally wants out because of his struggles to secure one but it also adds to the narrative that you are buying a fixer upper home -- you got to pour money into the house, major money, after the sale.

Some believe that aybe what offsets some of that cost is selling the land around the current Redskins Park.

• Like 1

Is that guy joking? We haven’t heard from Snyder in ages, and probably never will again other than an announcement memo when the team is sold. He’s a coward. He is absolutely going out with a whimper, slipping away quietly into the night. Holding out for the best price possible for the one asset that props up his entire existence as a billionaire does not mean at all that things are going poorly or that Snyder is fighting to stick around. This seems to be as good as done with only the timeline and eventual buyer still to play out. Whether it’s March or June or whatever, who cares. It’s clearly happening! Short term impatience is a small price to pay for permanent removal of our biggest problem. People are getting too jittery about it imo. 

Not only that—in the absence of any big news to the contrary, we are actually still on course for the quickest possible timeline anyone could have expected. It’s just quiet, and that’s fine.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Keim who has been unusually generic on a Commanders topic but like I said the other day he's typically great with scoops but not so much on the sale.

In this mornings podcast, he stuck with being generic but I trust him regardless -- he said he hears the sale is on course and people he talks to in the building expects a sale to happen

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Is that guy joking? We haven’t heard from Snyder in ages, and probably never will again other than an announcement memo when the team is sold. He’s a coward. He is absolutely going out with a whimper, slipping away quietly into the night. Holding out for the best price possible for the one asset that props up his entire existence as a billionaire does not mean at all that things are going poorly or that Snyder is fighting to stick around. This seems to be as good as done with only the timeline and eventual buyer still to play out. Whether it’s March or June or whatever, who cares. It’s clearly happening! Short term impatience is a small price to pay for permanent removal of our biggest problem. People are getting too jittery about it imo. 

Not only that—in the absence of any big news to the contrary, we are actually still on course for the quickest possible timeline anyone could have expected. It’s just quiet, and that’s fine.

Yup.

And what a lot of people are missing is the simple fact when it comes to Dan selling is that he can't afford NOT to.  For myriad reasons.  

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

I've got literally no idea how the two markets stack up but it's interesting that they are now quoting 6 billion (not sure if £ or $) for Manchester United too. Should make for a fascinating comparison as to whether one is over-priced or not.

..and as far as I know they wont need to replace Old Trafford on top of the sale price.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

AJ Perez and those like him know next to nothing. It's hilarious they are getting air-time. I love how he's hanging around the senior pool, talking to "sources." This new generation of blogger boys is a complete joke. 

I agree....especially for those of us that dont necessarily live on social media and dont really know who is legit. Kinda miss the old school journalists where they at least had to vet sources etc. Dont mind me...get off my lawn.

download.jpg

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Some hostility on this thread I notice about AJ Perez.  :ols: 

To each their own but for me he seems to be fine.  He worked  in the past at USA Today, Fox News, CBS Sports, he's not just some fan blogging.

A. He had the 6.3 billion is the highest bid scoop

B.  He refuted the story -- forgetting if if was the Times or the WSJ (planted I gather by Dan) that Dan got offers in the 7 billion plus range

C.  He had the first scoop that Bezos didn't bid at all

D.  His mentions of who is interested, seems to be confirmed by others

I can care less about Perez but my point is I don't see how he's been a clown on this.  If he's fooled people that includes the 980 radio hosts and the 106.7 hosts who have had him on multiple times.   Heck even John Keim commented on one of his podcasts on a report that Perez put out (he didn't mention Perez's name but the story) that his sources confirm Perez's story.

I'd love the usual suspects Keim and Standig to kill it on this story.  But they seem a beat behind some others on it.  As i said the other day, I get the impression its really tough to pull info because all parties are super quiet.  So all we can get are just small nuggets.  Heck Sheehan asked Standig about it this morning, and all Standig said is he thinks he goes down but he brought no scoop beyond that.

• Like 4

Thanks again @Skinsinparadise for keeping us posted on various sources, sometimes can be a bit crazy with whose reporting what and who is actually more reliable.

Like you've mentioned previously, I always liked Sheehan and feel as though he doesn't really discuss things he doesn't know and if he's ever just being hypothetical he's usually pretty good at stating something like "This is just me talking...etc.".

I haven't listened to him in awhile but did always enjoy his podcast.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, PigskinRedskin said:

Thanks again @Skinsinparadise for keeping us posted on various sources, sometimes can be a bit crazy with whose reporting what and who is actually more reliable.

Like you've mentioned previously, I always liked Sheehan and feel as though he doesn't really discuss things he doesn't know and if he's ever just being hypothetical he's usually pretty good at stating something like "This is just me talking...etc.".

I haven't listened to him in awhile but did always enjoy his podcast.

Thanks.  I love reading stuff about this team, listen to talk radio all day, podcasts, etc -- and I do find some are much better at getting scoops and nailing stories than others.  IMO Keim by a mile is the best.  Standig would be next.  But both I noticed are just a guy so to speak on the ownership story.  They seem to know very little.   But I get the mindset by some to trust some over others.  

Finlay, who usually is not even close as wired in as Keim or Standig, but he seems to have one source that is good.  Perez from what I've noticed has ironically broken the most stuff.   We all for example now take it as a common fact that Bezos hasn't bid but that story if I recall originated with Perez.

Sheehan every now and then has some minor scoop, mostly just centered on its still on track.

None of these guys though have any deep scoops.  And I get its frustrating.  It's frustrating to me big time.  This is the story I care about by a mile over any other but all we can get is drops in the bucket.  But lol, i don't resent those people who are giving me the drop.  I'd take the drop of water in the desert over having no water at all. :ols:

Listening to those who are covering the story i get the vibe that the lack of detail and scoops are because the 3 parties involved:  Dan, the bank, the buyers have been super secretive and quiet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3

30 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Some hostility on this thread I notice about AJ Perez.  :ols: 

To each their own but for me he seems to be fine.  He worked  in the past at USA Today, Fox News, CBS Sports, he's not just some fan blogging.

A. He had the 6.3 billion is the highest bid scoop

B.  He refuted the story -- forgetting if if was the Times or the WSJ (planted I gather by Dan) that Dan got offers in the 7 billion plus range

C.  He had the first scoop that Bezos didn't bid at all

D.  His mentions of who is interested, seems to be confirmed by others

I can care less about Perez but my point is I don't see how he's been a clown on this.  If he's fooled people that includes the 980 radio hosts and the 106.7 hosts who have had him on multiple times.   Heck even John Keim commented on one of his podcasts on a report that Perez put out (he didn't mention Perez's name but the story) that his sources confirm Perez's story.

I'd love the usual suspects Keim and Standig to kill it on this story.  But they seem a beat behind some others on it.  As i said the other day, I get the impression its really tough to pull info because all parties are super quiet.  So all we can get are just small nuggets.  Heck Sheehan asked Standig about it this morning, and all Standig said is he thinks he goes down but he brought no scoop beyond that.

Standig doesn't know **** about anything. Worst beat reporter in my opinion.

1 minute ago, lavar1156 said:

Standig doesn't know **** about anything. Worst beat reporter in my opinion.

He seems to get decent info about draft intentions, that's why I give him a nod.  But Keim to me by a mile is the best, heck among other things, he was the only dude on to the idea that they likely chase Wentz.

Keim is actually insane level good at scoops.  I follow different sports teams and I've not seen a reporter who is as on top of things as Keim.  And considering all of that, the idea that Keim has almost nothing on the ownership situation is telling to me.  It's another indicator that the parties involved are very mum-tight lipped. 

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I still wonder if Dan has either been told or it has been heavily inferred that there are enough owner votes to force him to sell.

Don't know.  That narrative has been broached in many of those interviews.  Seems like the most common thought is they think owners would rather not vote Dan out and greatly prefer that he sells.   But at a minimum Dan supposedly knows he has some resistance with other owners.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't know.  That narrative has been broached in many of those interviews.  Seems like the most common thought is they think owners would rather not vote Dan out and greatly prefer that he sells.   But at a minimum Dan supposedly knows he has some resistance with other owners.

Yeah makes sense. Could be a situation where they basically say "Please don't make us have to vote to oust you." The owners are a relatively tight-knit group from what I understand but there's only so much scandal and lunacy they're going to take when it impacts their business.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

I agree....especially for those of us that dont necessarily live on social media and dont really know who is legit. Kinda miss the old school journalists where they at least had to vet sources etc. Dont mind me...get off my lawn.

airplane-phone-booths.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

38 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah makes sense. Could be a situation where they basically say "Please don't make us have to vote to oust you." The owners are a relatively tight-knit group from what I understand but there's only so much scandal and lunacy they're going to take when it impacts their business.

Many believe that if Snyder decided against selling, Goodell would suddenly call a press conference and mention that the Mary Jo White investigation was just completed five minutes ago and that they will be releasing the results ASAP. I hope we get the report even after Danny Boy sells, but I kind of doubt it.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Many believe that if Snyder decided against selling, Goodell would suddenly call a press conference and mention that the Mary Jo White investigation was just completed five minutes ago and that they will be releasing the results ASAP. I hope we get the report even after Danny Boy sells, but I kind of doubt it.

So it's possible the report is done and Goodell is asking for it to be kept quiet until after the sale is completed? I could see this being the case. That way nobody really cares because Snyder is gone. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If there is a single chance in hell that they wouldn't vote him out my faith in humanity would be gone!

29 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

If there is a single chance in hell that they wouldn't vote him out my faith in humanity would be gone!

It's hard to have any faith in the NFL these days. Just the other day Roger Goodell said officiating in the NFL has never been better so it wouldn't surprise me to hear him say that Dan Snyder has been an outstanding owner. It makes me wonder too if he actually watches any of these games.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He seems to get decent info about draft intentions, that's why I give him a nod.  But Keim to me by a mile is the best, heck among other things, he was the only dude on to the idea that they likely chase Wentz.

Keim is actually insane level good at scoops.  I follow different sports teams and I've not seen a reporter who is as on top of things as Keim.  And considering all of that, the idea that Keim has almost nothing on the ownership situation is telling to me.  It's another indicator that the parties involved are very mum-tight lipped. 

Keim is pure class and great at his job. He's about the only thing associated with Washington that you can say that about the past 25 years.

• Like 1