Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

48 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah the franchise won't sell for as much as Snyder is hoping for. The new owner will need to not just build a new stadium, but also completely overhaul the current facilities. It may actually end up selling for less than the Broncos did.

Figures, only Dan Synder could **** up a sale.

Recent sales have went up, over the previous ones but we may sell either for same price or less??  

31 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

So that article was a little depressing.

So, only 2 bidders left? Bezos may just wait for Seattle?  Team may not even sell for 6 billion?

Will Dan just cancel? Or does this mean Dan only sells partially?

I don’t get good vibes from that article.

Who knows, but if Bezos does want to buy the team, it looks like the situation has been set up well for him. 

- Limited competition.

- Dan hasn’t received his number. 

He now has a chance to be the hero. 

- Offer a larger number to Dan (which he’d likely accept).

- Increase the value of the other owners’s franchises, thus improving the chance he’d receive the 24 approval votes (even from those who supposedly think he’s too wealthy). 

Edited by Andre The Giant
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

So, only 2 bidders left? Bezos may just wait for Seattle?  Team may not even sell for 6 billion?

6 billion would still be an insane get, considering Denver went for under 5 and already has a great stadium.

Danny's asking price never made a lick of sense. 

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Figures, only Dan Synder could **** up a sale.

Recent sales have went up, over the previous ones but we may sell either for same price or less??  

Denver sold for 4.65 billion.

And again, this was two years ago, when rich people were richer than ever and you could borrow money for nothing. 

22 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I share your concern

57 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Just listened to that reporter at length on Sheehan's podcast.  I'll just say I hope the Fox Business news guy an AJ Perez's predictions are on the money versus this guy.  :ols:

I'll start with the end of the interview, Sheehan asked him what's his gut as to how this goes.  He said if had to take a bet, his bet is Dan doesn't sell.  He wasn't definitive about that, he said that's his guess based on how its going.

A.  Sale isn't going well.  He knows for a fact Bank of America is disappointed as to how its going.

B.  They have two suitors.  Neither one right now has the money to complete a 6 billion bid.  He's 80% sure he knows who the mystery bidder is but didn't want to say.

C.  Those two suitors are scrambiling for investors to help them finance this. 

D.  He's pretty sure both bidders, don't believe the team is worth 6 billion.  And he suspects the end bid will be closer to 5 billion.

E.  This team as a revenue generator right now isn't that hot especially compared to some of the better revenue generator teams so its not like these guys can easily recoup their money via yearly money coming to the team.   

F.  Two schools of thought on Dan''s approach.  1.  He puts up an unrealistic number so he can say at the end no one met it so sorry he's keeping the team. 2.  He will take the highest bid.

G.  Some do think Bezos is genuinely buzzing around on this.  He's heard Bezos is probably not going to the SB this year and if so that might be a good sign because it helps him to be stealth which he'd want to be.

H.  Once John Henry dug into the Commanders books -- he didn't like this as an investment and bailed. 

I.  Bezos has told people in the NFL over the years he wants Washington or Seattle.  What's interesting though is Seattle is likely going on the market soon.  NFL definitely rooting for Bezos to own a team.

J.  He wasn't sure if the owners have the votes to vote Dan out but if they did -- if I understood him that they can dictate the sale then and push it to Bezos.   He thinks the Mary Jo White investigation findings is the X factor as whether they would vote him out or not.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I talked about this when after Russini and Cowherd's rumor about this came out.  I actually like it.  i want them to be that level proactive and aggressive.

Also I think this organization is desperate need of some splash-aggressive move to get some fans back.  Not people like us but all the causal fans they've lost.

I know we were raised with aggressive-splash means bad things because the incompetent douche Dan along with his compatriot Vinny prided themselves early on for being aggressive and their version of aggressiveness meant doing stupid things.  But two things on that.

A.  Dan is incompetent. So every approach with him at the helm fails

B.  Early Dan version of this team -- still had a lot of fans and they were relevant in the league.  Yeah much of that was him inheriting good will from the previous regime. But some of it IMO was even though he was incompetent -- back then this team wasn't boring.  Bad and interesting trumps bad and boring.  And granted this team is never boring on a sleaze scale but I am not referring to that, i am talking football. 

I talked about this in the previous FO thread -- marrying Bruce and Dan was the perfect marriage to bring down the franchise because we weren't just losers and sleazy but we also became really boring, too.  

As I liked to say on the old FO thread, years ago, the Eagles are aggressive -- Vinny-Dan style but they are actually smart about it.  You can be aggressve and good.  But we've come to associate aggressiveness with bad because of Dan's early years.  But as bad as Dan's early years were they were still better than the later years.  Vinny had a better record than Bruce.

I agree Dan is incompetent. This is not even up for debate.

As for making a "splash" - I feel like that sentiment comes from a place that speaks to how psychologically damaged the fanship here has become. That we can only speak in terms of "splashes" as the only means to maximize the bringing fans back into the fold. I respectfully disagree with this point and feel that a new owner coupled with a proper philosophy rooted in bringing in a great football mind as GM followed by allowing him to build the team the right way will ultimately lead to wins. Wins will lead to fans coming back into the fold. There is no short cut. The last 20+ years should have taught us that.

9 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

I agree Dan is incompetent. This is not even up for debate.

As for making a "splash" - I feel like that sentiment comes from a place that speaks to how psychologically damaged the fanship here has become. That we can only speak in terms of "splashes" as the only means to maximize the bringing fans back into the fold. I respectfully disagree with this point and feel that a new owner coupled with a proper philosophy rooted in bringing in a great football mind as GM followed by allowing him to build the team the right way will ultimately lead to wins. Wins will lead to fans coming back into the fold. There is no short cut. The last 20+ years should have taught us that.

All in good spirits, My argument isn't winning doesn't cure at all.  Or I oppose a GM and to run an organization "right".  It's not me taking the opposite side of these arguments. 

I defined that splash doesn't have to be even personnel driven. 

My larger point is being aggressive isn't a bad thing.  There are good ways to be aggressive.  This dude who was killed by some for this approach years ago on the previous FO thread, Howie Roseman -- I argued then and believe it more so now, being aggressive, if its done in the right way doesn't mean bad things.

Dan hasn't been aggressive in eons.  But back when he was he did it wrong.  Howie does it right.  And this isn't me with the benefit of hindsight pushing this on SB weekend -- I made the same point among others who did the same years ago on the FO thread. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Honestly, how so? In a lot of ways, he holds the cards - especially if the NFL has cooled off their pressure campaign to get him to sell.

He can't get a stadium built and he has a huge loan due. The league can bleed him out financially. And not selling would turn the fanbase against him even more -- if that's possible.

He could hang on to the team but without an influx of cash -- meaning a sucker minority investor who isn't out there -- any grand plans would be out the window.

Edited by Hooper
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

He can't get a stadium built and he has a huge loan due. The league can bleed him out financially. And not selling would turn the fanbase against him even more -- if that's possible.

This I completely believe. The League can…and will… eventually… bleed him out.

But that could take some time and he could essentially hold the League hostage in the mean time. If he had involvement in the Jon Gruden stuff in any way whatsoever (I stress if, don’t try to sue me Dan) then he also has stuff on the rest of the owners that they sure as **** don’t want out. 

I think he’s fired a few warning shots, too. 

So he can draw this out for quite some time if he wants. 

And it may eventually pass. Or maybe it doesn’t.

He could also sell in the next month.

Bottom line: I’ll believe the sale is imminent when it happens. Otherwise it’s all conjecture.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Honestly, how so? In a lot of ways, he holds the cards - especially if the NFL has cooled off their pressure campaign to get him to sell.

It would be an absolute bloodbath.

Dan would never make it to the point where he is financially bleed out. The revolt would force the NFL to move well before then to cover their own tails, it would be that strong.

Dan is already out. Just a matter of how ugly he wants it.

29 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So wait, you guys are telling me the wait and see approach I have been taking with this that I got ragged on for because “there is no way Snyder escapes this” was a sound approach? Weird. :ols:

Yeah among the ones covering this sale, he's the first one to put a cold shower on this in a long time.  I didn't mention this yesterday because i didn't find it that noteworthy but AJ Perez when asked about this on 106.7 said he's optimistic it happens but not as optimistic as weeks ago.

I am still in the optimistic camp that Dan sells.  And most out there right now still spells optimism.  But I've also been in the camp of I will not fully buy it until it happens for among other reasons Dan is impulsive as heck. So haggiling over this owner or that owner to me is a champagne problem to have.  I am not sure we are in champagne territory, yet. 

I watched this morning on youtube Robert Kraft being interviewed and they asked him if he would ever sell.  And he goes, nope.  It's not about money but being part of a sports franchise like this is so unique that he could never let that go and he wants to hand his team to his kids.  It made me cringe watching it because my thought is I hope Dan isn't watching because it sounds so much like the stuff we've heard over the years about why he'd never sell.

In that podcast with Sheehan, they delved into some of the territory of why this team might not go for much larger numbers than Denver even though this is a major media market and Denver isn't.  Denver didn't have to recover fans.  They were not in the dumps with fans.  But in this case, this new owner has to recapture a large amount of lost fans -- and they speculated that it might not be that easy and Dan selling alone might not do it right away. 

The fact that this team doesn't sell like other teams do is relevant -- yeah they get the portion that every other team does from the NFL pool -- but he explained this teams lack of sales versus other teams is relevant to a buyer looking to recoup their investment.

Then you got the stadium.  They didn't mention the facilities but clearly that too.   You are buying a fixer up house -- granted with a ton of potential but you likely have to sink major money into that. 

5 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I agree the league can bleed him (since they were the ones that gave him that "risk-free loan" to buy out the minority stakeholders, if I remember correctly). But would they have the stones to do it? 

To be clear, I would hope that's what they do if he does decide not to sell. I'm just a bit skeptical. Call it battered fan syndrome...

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

It would be an absolute bloodbath.

Dan would never make it to the point where he is financially bleed out. The revolt would force the NFL to move well before then to cover their own tails, it would be that strong.

Dan is already out. Just a matter of how ugly he wants it.

Again. I want to believe so badly but I feel like I've seen this movie before. Just when you think a line has been crossed and they're beyond the point of no return, the goal posts get moved and we are back to waiting for the next crisis in the hopes that forces action.

2 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Florio’s take:

It's a good summary

Many won’t believe it until they see a new owner holding the keys and the pink slip while standing with a foot on Daniel Snyder’s chest. Nevertheless, the effort to sell the Commanders is moving forward.

TheAthletic.com reported on Friday that Josh Harris, who already owns multiple sports franchises, recently toured the Commanders facility. The Washington Post confirmed that report, adding that at least one other unnamed prospective buyer has done the same

The item from TheAthletic.com also includes an important point of clarification. The first official round of bids is due in a few weeks. Prior reports had indicated that initial bids already had been made; however, those were “non-binding indications of interest,” and not technically bids.

That obviously means the door remains wide open for Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, whose name has continued to surface even after the window for making bids supposedly had closed.

Harris tried to buy the Broncos. As PFT reported in the aftermath of the sale of the team to the Walton-Penner group, Harris would have offered $5 billion for the Broncos — if that would have definitely gotten him the team. He didn’t want to offer $5 billion and have someone else (such as the current owners) bid $5 billion and one penny.

That kept the going rate for an NFL team at $4.65 billion, potentially making it cheaper for him to buy another team — like the Commanders.

It’s unclear what the Commanders will fetch at this high-stakes auction. Shortly after owner Daniel Snyder announced an intention to explore selling the team, a report emerged that he wants $7 billion. On the eve of the deadline for “non-binding indications of interest,” a report emerged that he has received multiple offers “well north” of that figure. But then, once the window closed on that initial round of non-offer offers, none exceeded $6.3 billion.

Some still wonder whether, at the end of the day, Snyder will refuse to sell. At that point, some of the other owners may decide to try to force the issue.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

The item from TheAthletic.com also includes an important point of clarification. The first official round of bids is due in a few weeks. Prior reports had indicated that initial bids already had been made; however, those were “non-binding indications of interest,” and not technically bids.

The NY post reporter covered this point too on the podcast.

53 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Danny not selling would be such a disaster for him I almost want to see it. 

If Dan decides not to sell, I'll devote 100% of my football energy into vehemently rooting against this team.  That will literally be the last straw for me.  There's no coming back until there is a new owner.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Redwards said:

If Dan decides not to sell, I'll devote 100% of my football energy into vehemently rooting against this team.  That will literally be the last straw for me.  There's no coming back until there is a new owner.

I mean, I don't root against the team and still want to see this franchise do well for the folks that are not named Dan Snyder that are involved.

Having said that, the level of indifference I've reached the last half decade is tough to match. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

This could be a long waiting game between the bidders and Snyder.  Here's hoping that the league steps in and gives the team to the guy with the most money (Hopefully Bezos)

The reason I want Bezos over the other guys, I have a feeling between his money and political connections that he has best chance to get an RFK-site stadium deal done.

I was thinking about the same point from below but with a different twist.  Payton mentioned mulitiple prospective owners talked to him.  It would be hard for me to believe that the prospective owners who have been out of the running because Dan's asking price went through the trouble talking to Sean.

The odds are good it was exactly the same two bidders who are left right now.  

Thinking some more about that podcast with Sheehan where they talked about the differences between this team and Denver -- the difference is not only didn't Denver lose fans in recent years but they are one of the best teams in the league as attendance.  We are on the bottom or close enough in most fan interest categories. 

The new owner can assume that they will all come back if Dan leaves -- but based on these prospective owners poking around on Sean and the NY Post reporter talking about the concerns about buying this team in the context of the fan base/local sales -- I get the vibe that they will do something to try to juice people back because part of the narrative is hey it looks really really bad now but it could be revived.   

I get that we here don't need to be juiced, Dan selling alone is enough, heck we can get excited about talking about name that mundane topic to the average fan like who is going to be third string safety.  But for the average fan, I suspect not all of them are coming back based on Dan selling alone.   Whether they should make a move or not is a different story, but clear indications are they would of some kind. 

4 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

The reason I want Bezos over the other guys, I have a feeling between his money and political connections that he has best chance to get an RFK-site stadium deal done.

I got some concerns about Bezos.  But overall I'd love to see it happen.  Heck I'd love to see anyone else other than Dan.  And agree the stadium would be likely best with him shooting for it.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I got some concerns about Bezos.  But overall I'd love to see it happen.  Heck I'd love to see anyone else other than Dan.  And agree the stadium would be likely best with him shooting for it.

Are your concerns mostly about reports of Bezos' managerial style at Amazon?

I think we’re just now getting into the stage where you can start to see different camps leaking different things to different reporters/papers. It’s been quiet, now it’s getting less so—soon it will be a tidal wave of information and rumors up until it’s done. 

So pinpoint whose angle is helped most by any report, and that is a decent guess as whose camp is leaking. That most recent article? Bezos-centric, creates narratives in both directions whether he goes to the SB or not, seemingly deflates the value of incoming bids, etc. That’s a very Bezos friendly report if he wants the team but doesn’t want to be faked into spiking a $7B offer on the table when his competitors can’t even scrounge up $6B very easily. I’d be skeptical of anything that comes out now, and question who it serves. Most leaks to this point, especially revolving around that arbitrary $7B number, felt like they benefited Snyder the most. Now it’s changing. We’re witnessing the game now.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

I think we’re just now getting into the stage where you can start to see different camps leaking different things to different reporters/papers. It’s been quiet, now it’s getting less so—soon it will be a tidal wave of information and rumors up until it’s done. 

So pinpoint whose angle is helped most by any report, and that is a decent guess as whose camp is leaking. That most recent article? Bezos-centric, creates narratives in both directions whether he goes to the SB or not, seemingly deflates the value of incoming bids, etc. That’s a very Bezos friendly report if he wants the team but doesn’t want to be faked into spiking a $7B offer on the table when his competitors can’t even scrounge up $6B very easily. I’d be skeptical of anything that comes out now, and question who it serves. Most leaks to this point, especially revolving around that arbitrary $7B number, felt like they benefited Snyder the most. Now it’s changing. We’re witnessing the game now.

My biggest fear is that if no offer comes in substantially north of $6B, Snyder just decides to stand pat and not sell. That would be awful.