Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

Denver sold for $4.65b which at the time was 24% over the deemed market value. That caused a spike in NFL team values in general.

Washington currently carries a deemed market value of around $5.6b so I would expect the $7b number derives from the teams current market value + a premium factored in.

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Ok, Super Bowl is over, Eagles lost. Now make with the sale!

If Bezos puts in a bid and everyone bows out like Denver and Walton, we could have virtually have our answer by the 15th.

That would be great, and would allow our next owner to be contacted about some major choices that are coming up.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

I logged back into this place in anticipation of news this week. 

I'll legit be in tears all day from the joy of Dan selling

Don’t hold your breath. There is still a modicum of doubt. 

Having said that I think we are looking at a sale. But I am fully in wait and see.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Don’t hold your breath. There is still a modicum of doubt. 

Having said that I think we are looking at a sale. But I am fully in wait and see.

Even if team sells, it isn’t happening this week. Wednesday deadline for round 2 , for the 2 supposed remaining bidders. Then we see if Bezos bids. Maybe next week? But if the bid isn’t to Dan’s liking, he may stand Pat? 

As the Commies Turns

Edited by 88Comrade2000

28 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Even if team sells, it isn’t happening this week. Wednesday deadline for round 2 , for the 2 supposed remaining bidders. Then we see if Bezos bids. Maybe next week? But if the bid isn’t to Dan’s liking, he may stand Pat? 

As the Commies Turns

Sounds like he's checked out of wanting to own The Washington "Commanders". Between that, the money/loan issues he has coming up, and the even if he found minority owners, they probably wouldn't be approved by the other 31. It's not impossible but it feels like very improbable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Sounds like he's checked out of wanting to own The Washington "Commanders". Between that, the money/loan issues he has coming up, and the even if he found minority owners, they probably wouldn't be approved by the other 31. It's not impossible but it feels like very improbable. 

Sure does. But we know Snyder is the epitome of petty, too. I could see him holding out until he gets the price he is comfortable with and holding alleged dirt over the rest of the owners heads’ as leverage in the mean time.

Sheehan and Standig talking about it.  Sheehan implied some of this is from poking aroiund behind the scenes about this but I couldn't always tell what he's heard versus what was his opinion.

A.  The yearly revenue for this team is down, its $150 million now.  Not long ago it was 205 milliion.  Not sure what that pool of money is, I assume its local sales?   Not sure if that's just one pot among other local revenue pots but whatever it is, these prospective owners care about it.  The NY Post reporter got into that same subject previously.  I know some say the local profits are irrelevant and all that matters is the big money you get from profit sharing with the league.    But apparently, that's not so in the context of the sale.

B.  If I understood 4 potential initial bidders bailed -- they speculated that it was triggered they saw the financial challanges which includes the stadium and the fact they likely have to spend some serious money to recapture the fan base and Dan has a hard floor on the sale. 

They went back and forth on whether Dan selling alone brings back the old fan base.  Standig waffled on it but in the mix speculated that some fans have checked out so long ago that he wonders if they care enough to check back in.  They both implied that it would certainly bring some of the fans. 

They talked about with Denver they didn't lose any fan base leading up to it so as to that sale there was no fan base reaquistion overhang around it like there is here.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A.  The yearly revenue for this team is down, its $150 million now.  Not long ago it was 205 milliion.  Not sure what that pool of money is, I assume its local sales?   Not sure if that's just one pot among other local revenue pots but whatever it is, these prospective owners care about it.  The NY Post reporter got into that same subject previously.  I know some say the local profits are irrelevant and all that matters is the big money you get from profit sharing with the league.    But apparently, that's not so in the context of the sale.

This probably doesnt include the bump in merchandising from the Major Tuddy role out. I for one advance ordered my Major Tuddy Beanie Baby.

The absolute failure of Snyder from a financial standpoint is nothing less than criminal. It really blows my mind how inept he has been at running this organization from a financial standpoint (not even counting the on field product).

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, PlayAction said:

My thoughts exactly.  Almost verbatim of what I planned to post.  I'm done with Snyder.  If he doesn't sell I'm turning it off until he's gone.

I echo your words with poignant enthusiasm. Although I will follow the Lions, my son's favorite team. If I go as far as buying a jersey, I may never return. Thirty plus years as a Washington fan and nothing short (pun intended) of Snyder selling will keep me loyal to this team any longer. 

• Like 3

I don't think Rivera is a major X factor with most fans.  With some yes, some no. 

But Rivera including when we hired him the first time, isn't the type of coach that juices up the fan base if that's what they are trying to do.

I know some here disagree, but I am with Sheehan in that Rivera at THAT juncture of Dan's tenure was as good as it gets as far as a name.  Yeah 5-7 years ago, when the stadium was still relatively full, the team wasn't as bogged down in scandals, the stadium/faciities in contrast to the league didn't look as pathetic among other things -- I think he could have still pulled off a sexy name head coach.  I seriously doubt it these days unless he paid something outrageous and he doesn't seem the type anymore to overpay like that.

• Like 2

Keim on the ownership today on his podcast, it was nothing much but I take him seriously no matter what he says even if its not much.

He went the team is up for sale for a reason.  The Snyders have taken on a lot of debt.  They would have to take on even more debt to build the stadium and he isn't sure if the NFL would allow him to do that.  So he goes they have a strong motivation to sell.  And the expectation internally is that they well sell.  Not sure what he meant by internally, I gather that means in that building.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2