Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

59 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Owner of World Wide Technology? (I worked there and live in STL)

interesting, St Louis guy. He’s had Jason Wright on calls before. 

I’ve heard he wanted to get into this space, and wanted an all Black ownership group. With JayZ and others? 

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like 1

I know the NFL wants a minority owner. I dont think that happens here. Feel like some in the media are trying to "force" it with the league wanting it to happen. The problem is most options dont have the capital for this particular team. Steward according to forbes only has a net worth of 6 bil. 

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan and Standig talking about it.  Sheehan implied some of this is from poking aroiund behind the scenes about this but I couldn't always tell what he's heard versus what was his opinion.

A.  The yearly revenue for this team is down, its $150 million now.  Not long ago it was 205 milliion.  Not sure what that pool of money is, I assume its local sales?   Not sure if that's just one pot among other local revenue pots but whatever it is, these prospective owners care about it.  The NY Post reporter got into that same subject previously.  I know some say the local profits are irrelevant and all that matters is the big money you get from profit sharing with the league.    But apparently, that's not so in the context of the sale.

B.  If I understood 4 potential initial bidders bailed -- they speculated that it was triggered they saw the financial challanges which includes the stadium and the fact they likely have to spend some serious money to recapture the fan base and Dan has a hard floor on the sale. 

They went back and forth on whether Dan selling alone brings back the old fan base.  Standig waffled on it but in the mix speculated that some fans have checked out so long ago that he wonders if they care enough to check back in.  They both implied that it would certainly bring some of the fans. 

They talked about with Denver they didn't lose any fan base leading up to it so as to that sale there was no fan base reaquistion overhang around it like there is here.

I don't think even the sale will get everyone back. So many people have been tuned out for so long that I think the passion has been sapped from a lot of folks. Believe me, it'll be so much easier seeing the team on the TV on Sundays and not despising them when he's not owning them. That much is true. But, I just don't see how anyone will be able to care much at all, let alone like they used to. 

On 2/9/2023 at 11:20 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Just for the record, a parade regarding Dan’s departure was at one point what felt like a pipe dream, but was definitely a topic of discussion long ago.

To take it a step further, I haven’t heard them talk about it much of late but G&D we’re making plans for a parade sponsored by 106.7 the fan - inviting back all the folks he’s done wrong as guest speakers and the whole bit.

All I know is I’m in.

Finlay and Mitchell discussed it, too

6 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I don't think even the sale will get everyone back. So many people have been tuned out for so long that I think the passion has been sapped from a lot of folks. Believe me, it'll be so much easier seeing the team on the TV on Sundays and not despising them when he's not owning them. That much is true. But, I just don't see how anyone will be able to care much at all, let alone like they used to. 

In general speaking for myself its hard to reignite passion.

I used to be a really passionate Yankee fan, 10 out of 10, now I'd say I am at a 4 for various reasons.  I've tried to recapture my passion but I struggle to do it.

As for this team, my passionate has been 10 for a long time, maybe I am at an 8.5 now but its still intense -- i think mainly because i love the live experience of going to games, especially on the road and I still get a rush out of it.

But just in general, it seems intuitive that some of the fans who have checked out will never come back or if they do it won't be at the same level of passion.  Once the passion is gone, I don't think its easy to bring it back for all -- but I suspect it certainly will for some fans.

I do think a new owner will try to work some angles to get some of these fans back because I doubt everyone comes back based on Dan selling alone.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay and Mitchell discussed it, too

In general speaking for myself its hard to reignite passion.

I used to be a really passionate Yankee fan, 10 out of 10, now I'd say I am at a 4 for various reasons.  I've tried to recapture my passion but I struggle to do it.

As for this team, my passionate has been 10 for a long time, maybe I am at an 8.5 now but its still intense -- i think mainly because i love the live experience of going to games, especially on the road and I still get a rush out of it.

But just in general, it seems intuitive that some of the fans who have checked out will never come back or if they do it won't be at the same level of passion.  Once the passion is gone, I don't think its easy to bring it back for all -- but I suspect it certainly will for some fans.

I do think a new owner will try to work some angles to get some of these fans back because I doubt everyone comes back based on Dan selling alone.

I agree...and I think plenty will "come back" in that they will tune back in. As someone who essentially turned my back on the franchise and was more or less rooting against them, I'll stop doing that. But, as you alluded to, I don't think I can force myself to love them like I did. My entire Sunday revolved around their games...even as recently as 2017-2018. A couple years before that, I'd be ANGRY if they blew a game I thought they should have won. I CARED...big time! That isn't coming back...and it's because that little asshole did bad things and completely killed my passion for the team. 

So, once he's gone, I can go back to not hating the local team - hooray. But that's probably where it'll end. It just sucks...

• Thanks 1

Wonder if that mention by Peter King is more related to the Mary Jo White "stuff"?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/13/fmia-super-bowl-lvii-chiefs-eagles-patrick-mahomes-andy-reid/?cid=fmiatw

5. I won’t be surprised if there’s news soon on the Dan Snyder story in Washington. Stuff seems to be percolating.

6. Today is day 360 since the NFL announced that Mary Jo White was leading an investigation into the Snyder ownership. A year seems sufficient. Right?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

The MJW feels like the trump card along with the debt that will hang over dan if he doesnt willingly sell

Listening to different narraitves that's what it feels like.  

Keim usually doesn't drop points for no reason so him saying Dan is heavy in debt and the NFL probably won't allow him to go deeper in debt for a stadium -- that felt like an overhang narrative to this.   The idea that they won't allow him to go further in debt feels like Dan might have explored that idea with the league and they pushed back. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

My dream. 2 weeks the new owner is announced and nfl immediately approves.

New owner annouces here’s my Gm and here’s my coach. 

Ron and co are out.

Well, it’s just a dream.

I dont care if Ron is here or not this upcoming season. As long as hes not the shot caller. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

My dream. 2 weeks the new owner is announced and nfl immediately approves.

New owner annouces here’s my Gm and here’s my coach. 

Ron and co are out.

Well, it’s just a dream.

My dream is Dan is out.  I don't need anything else, not even a whit more even if I hated the coach which I don't.  Dan out changes everythiing IMO.

But to stay on this point, I listened to Sheehan's podcast where he said he followed up with some people in the know after his podcast interview with the NY Post reporter and those people backed many of the NY reporter points including Dan is unlikely to get the figure in the sale he wants.  And the challenge to recapture the fan base overhangs this some.  He and Loverro talked about the new owner doing something to indicate changes are on the way so to speak as a gesture to the fans that this team has lost.  They think the new owner will spend some money-effort to try to get these fans back.

He again doubled down on the declining income from this team being relevant, the team has been losing sales in recent years, its a trend that has gotten worse, not better.  He mentioned again the 150 million net in revenues.

• Thanks 2

I'd like to see a new owner b4 free agency. That likely changes some things even if they are not approved yet.

Prospective players would know we have a new direction and won't have to lay the guessing game. If we have Bezos it would probably be a draw for people to want to come here. That extra pull could both save us money, and attract talent, and I would love to reap the return this FA period.

• Like 3